E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:24 PM   #1
BM-Power

My Ride: E46 M3,E34 M5,E30 M3
Got screwed by user J Cruz (BEWARE********BEWARE)

J Cruz sold me a fake Gruppe M TI exhaust and claimed it was genuine!

The sale prize was $800.00, which I paypal'ed to him minutes after getting confirmation from J Cruz that this is a genuine Gruppe M he is selling.
Waited a few days and received the exhaust well packaged and shipped on time. All good, so far.
Opened the box and it was immediately apparent that this is not a genuine piece. The first thing the stood out was the look.
It didn't even look like titanium!
Second, no authentication plate.
Throw the thing on the scale and the scale jumps to 22lbs straight away.
So I start to inspect the exhaust further and notice a big dent in one of the cans. There's little rocks stuck in between the exhaust tips too.

At this point I'm pretty pissed, so the next day I take it to a fab shop and they confirm to me that it is NOT titanium.

So I write a polite email addressing my concerns about the authenticity of the exhaust and this is what I get back.

This is his reply:

"With all honesty, there are so much confusion on the web as to a
genuine Gruppe M from (Japan) and one distributed for (North America). I
have yet to physically hold an actual Gruppe M from Japan
, I've only come
across the version I purchased and sold to you."

Shady, shady indeed! If he has not held an actual Gruppe M exhaust, why would he sell a Gruppe M exhaust as genuine. Does he not understand the meaning of the word genuine?

So I contact J Cruz and suggest he give me a partial refund or refund my money in exchange for the exhaust.

So here is what I get back from him:

"I will simply refund your money.

Once received, I will inspect the package making sure the exhaust is
exactly how I sent it to you. Once confirmed, I will issue you a PayPal in
the amount you paid for the exhaust
."

Are you F-ing kidding me? I sent him money no questions asked. He screws me over, and then has the nerve to ask me to send him the exhaust back without my money first.

So obviously I write him back saying that I wont let him screw me twice. He has NO credibility at this point, and I have plenty. It's pretty simple. I'll send him the exhaust if he sends my money first!

Another email comes back to me where he quotes me.
It goes:

"Your statement clearly says: 1) I return the exhaust to you and you
refund the full $800.-
(Your statement is clear and concise: you will return
the exhaust, and I will refund your money. NOT, I refund the money and then
you will ship the exhaust.) Doesn't work this way. Period."

What the hell??? Since when does "and" become "and then"???

At this point I'm really tired of dealing with this guy. He simply does not understand the concept of a fair deal. I emailed him back again pretty much explaining why I can not trust him with my money and the exhaust at the same time. He committed fraud and therefore I can not trust him now................... fair enough, right?

Anyways, I emailed him, called him, texted him and have not heard back from him for a week now.:thumbsdown:

So there it is............ Just warning anyone who's thinking of dealing or buying anything from J Cruz in the future.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...ghlight=Gruppe

BM-Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
Bake

My Ride: AW F10 535 M-Sport
Wow, sorry to hear man. I hate scanners that prey on people. Hope you get it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using BimmerApp
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #3
daonlydann

My Ride: 05 330i
As with ANY online purchase, you only receive a refund AFTER returning the product to the vendor.

Sorry to hear you did not get what you expected, but it seems you are clearly in the wrong about the refund process.
daonlydann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
Blocked Out

My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
I totally feel your pain BUT you should've confirmed that it is in fact a genuine piece (either by asking for detailed pictures or even a video) before you made the purchase.

Hope you get it all worked out.

====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:35 AM   #5
xi325xi02

My Ride: 325xi
Sorry to hear this, and I'm sure this will make people avoid this user but really it was your fault for not getting detailed pics and the authentication plate. Also, thats pretty much how refunds go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad328i View Post
you want ladys damm, get a punchin hard ass sound system
I HATE CVT'S
xi325xi02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:44 AM   #6
2fast4me

My Ride: m3
It's a shame this type of thing is almost standard business practice... So it's the buyers fault because he didn't get 30 pictures of an exhaust system.. People are unbelievable, it would be your fault if you didn't ask whether it was genuine but you did. File a claim with pay pal, get your money back in full, keep it, sell it, or it your feeling generous send it back, people just aren't good for their word. Good luck
2fast4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #7
howie

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Slight misunderstanding...I'd buy from that guy!
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:10 AM   #8
Phammy Davis

My Ride: Alpine White02 330ci
When you sent the money through Paypal did you add a note to what you were buying??? If you did you can file a claim. Once you file the claim they will put the money on hold and you can send it back to him. GET A TRACKING NUMBER when you ship it. Once he receives it give paypal the tracking number and they will refund you your money. Make sure to file a claim before you send it back to him and remember to get a tracking number. Only thing your losing is money for shipping. Good luck.

Will post pics of new ride soon
Phammy Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #9
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Paypal = LOL
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:37 AM   #10
tesko.pk

My Ride: 2003 530i
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Slight misunderstanding...I'd buy from that guy!
:thumbdwn: You are so dumb, fo real. This guy scammed him and you're supporting him? Here's an idea, GTFO! :idea:
tesko.pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:25 AM   #11
AHEAD OF THE CLASS

My Ride: M3, Ducati 848, RR
Send a message via AIM to AHEAD OF THE CLASS
Sorry for your lost bro at least you got something i paid someone on here 1600 for a Gruppe-M years back an the chump send me a box of coat hangers, i called paypal an those losers said that since the guy sent me a box an i didn't opened it in front of the UPS guy that i could had put the junk in the box myself an was trying to get money from the guy. I hate scammers
Old 11-13-2010, 04:31 AM   #12
GoingNuts
Just Nuts

My Ride: 2004 330Ci
Coat hangers = LOL. Don't hate scammers, but hate those who protect them.
GoingNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #13
Bimmer330cibro

My Ride: AW 330ci And IR M3
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer330cibro Send a message via MSN to Bimmer330cibro
Where does he live? Group beat down session?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #14
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
What a prick, I hope he gives you the money back

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #15
amunoz27e

My Ride: 325ci
Since you paid through paypal, file a claim, since the item was not as claimed to be. Of course you will have to send back, but make sure you get a tracking number. Paypal will want all communications between you and vendor. If you have pictures, that will even work also. I have done a few claims with paypal for same stuff before. I always got my money back. But don't delay, paypal has a certain amount of days after you receive item to file a claim. Good luck, you'll eventually get your money back with paypal.

Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers | Highline Tuning Catback Exhaust | Double Din Audio | Lots of Carbon Fiber Interior/Engine Bay | 19x8,19x9.5 Wheels | RIP - Reiger Body Kit .
amunoz27e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #16
Phoenix330ci

My Ride: 04 330Ci Convertible
Yeah, I have bought from a lot of people on e-bay and so far I have had excellent dealings with people. Sometimes you get something that you may not have "thought" what you were getting. Most of the time you have to read the descriptions very well and never assume anything. If something does not state exactly what you are expecting then I would ask and have it verified. Only one time did I have an actual legit beef with something I bought used. It was described in excellent condition, and it had photos as well. Only thing you could not tell was that the locking point was torn away from the angle of the photos and there were some very small holes in the material which did not show up in the phots - far from being excellent as described. Anyway after much e-mailing and hunting this person down as to where to call for him, I was able to return the item and get a refund.

But like most people here stated, I had to trust the person again....which was a big one for me......and send the item with signature requested to make sure the f'er got it, then follow up with several phone calls to get my money. In the end it turned out good, but was still out the shipping back, or at least half the shipping back in my case.

Some tips for you in the future, if on ebay, always check the sellers ratings, I'll still buy from someone with bad remarks given that they sell like a thousand items a month with one or two complaints - will always have that for one reason or another. Never assume something is OEM or brand unless you have something to compare it to even if someone slaps a sticker on it. Never assume a picture that shows something that is supposed to be glass can actually be plastic unless it states it is glass (example I see all the time is fog lights where they call them out as oem 1. they are not and 2. they are plastic lens instead of glass), watch for wording like 'OEM fitment' or 'OEM style/quality' or several other variables in which case they are not OEM. If you get something shipped wrong or broken from the start, always take plenty of pictures of it from every possible angle, include the box it damaged, include something with the date if possible and detail everything wrong "BEFORE" you ship it back so no one can complain that the damage happened in your possession or on the way back to them. If expensive, always insure, and always ask for a signed delivery no matter what the price so you know they actually got the item so they can not claim that yeah, UPS delivered it but left it on the door step and someone must have walked off with it.

Remember, a lot of people are good intentioned and maybe the ding or damage to them is perfectably acceptable under normal wear and tear but totally unexceptable to you. In my case above the item came from a salvage so to them it probably was in excellent condition given the facts but to me was un usable. Did they misrepresent, probably not. Were they familiar with what that part was supposed to look like, again probably not. Opinions vary as to grade and quality.
Phoenix330ci is offline   Reply With Quote