E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Eric W

My Ride: 02 AA M3, 02 325ci
1989 BMW E30 325ix AWD(NEED TO KNOW CAR VALUE $$$ ASAP)

Original owner car, bought the car new in 1990.
276,000 original miles
Every single factory option works flawlessly
No mechanical issues whatsoever
automatic
new aftermarket rims

Engine / Transmission: The car runs strong, shifts fine, I drove the car 40 miles last week on the highway. The only thing I didn't like about the drivetrain is what sounds like an exhaust rattle...once in a while when you hit a bump it rattles. Otherwise- engine is strong, trans and diff feel really good for the miles!! I was going 80+ mph almost the whole way to the shop!

Body / Paint: The overall appearance is decent, the body is solid but, does have some surface rust here and there (as pictured). The car has a brand new muffler and TSW wheels. The tires are just ok. I think the car would "buff" up and look good. We didn't even wash the car. No signs of a wreck or body damage.

Interior: The dash, headliner and overall interior (besides the seats) are in GREAT shape! The cloth seats are a little frayed and rough but, they feel fine to sit in. The fronts are heated and yes, they DO work! The A/C works too!! As does the heat and sunroof, radio, etc

Title: The car has a clean PA title, title is in hand. Car is sold AS/IS.

I dont have any pictures of the car but it is a 4-door with gray cloth interior and an automatic. It appears to be very well cared for and the fact that He is the original owner of the car for the past 21 years is simply amazing to me.

It does have some rust on the lower portion of the doors an some on the very underside of the rear bumper but the chassis an frame are solid.

If I am going to buy this car I need to jump on it within the next 36 hours!!!

Any advise on what this car is worth in today market would help me out alot.
Eric W is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
Capt1014

My Ride: 2002 325xi
Check NADA.com, most dealers use NADA for prices.

Overkill is an often underrated state of achivement!
Capt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
pjo33us

My Ride: 03 330xi
That is a lot of miles... In Colorado, where those cars are sought after I have seen them listed for anywhere between $1500 (a 300k beater) to $6k for one with 150k on it. Go look on the e30 forums on bimmerforums or e30tech... Those guys will be able to give you an honest assesment.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:53 AM   #4
mujjuman

My Ride: not an E46
i see so many of these E30s that are around $5000... i'm liek wtf?
i've always wanted to buy one but i will not spend more than $1500 on one

2003 325xi 5MT
Jet Black, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, OEM Xenon ^^RIP
sig by Solidjake
mujjuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:31 AM   #5
lotar_6

My Ride: '01 xi, '94 Rado
The e30 iX's are hard to find in great shape, thus the high prices. I see them from $1,500 to $6k. It really depends on the buyer and seller. the NADA and KBB values for these cars don't matter. They are 20+ y.o. cars and each one has been treated differently over the years. Ask about recent maintenance, as this is what will cost you money after the sale. The timing belt is the biggest concern as well as valve adjustments. both are pretty easy DIY jobs if you are inclined. If you aren't, it will cost $$$$ at an indy shop.

For the iX, pay attention to the front cv's (especially the boots as an indicator of condition) and the t-case. Check the t-case fluid level... most leak from lack of seal replacement over the years and people neglect the fluid level. With the viscous coupler in the t-case needing fluid at all times, this is the one expensive item that fails the most. Torn/worn cv boots will allow dirt into the grease on the front cv's and cause pre-mature tripod joint failure. New/rebuilt shafts are expensive due to the unique design!

Besides this, it's typical e30 maintenance & rust issues. It's worth paying a bit more for an iX if a lot of the maintenance has been done recently. I'd only recommend an enthusiast DIY-er buy these cars to avoid labor costs. Also, I have no input on the auto-trans... I won't touch them!!

BTW, I'm selling mine!!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:06 AM   #6
nk_zhp

My Ride: ZHP / E30 M3
I would like to add, that not only are they hard to find but also are VERY capable winter cars.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #7
mvrk10256

My Ride: E30 325i
Send a message via AIM to mvrk10256
somwwhere between 1500 and 2000 is appropriate.
Old 11-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #8
lotar_6

My Ride: '01 xi, '94 Rado
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk_zhp View Post
I would like to add, that not only are they hard to find but also are VERY capable winter cars.
w3rd!! They're frigg'n tanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrk10256 View Post
somwwhere between 1500 and 2000 is appropriate.
I'd pay more if it's in good shape and recent maintenance done... it's all about what the buyer wants and how badly.