E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #61
330xiBoarder

My Ride: a car
just crossed over 40k miles....
330xiBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:31 PM   #62
DBrown

My Ride: BMW 325 Ci
"5)The clown nose under the mirror is the adjuster for night time diving"

It is for the alarm (if you install one from the dealer as an accessory) and not for night time driving

I know that already, next time you get in your car twist the big red circle thing and your mirror will tilt down to dim headlights from cars behind you. My car is a 2001 so there is no auto dimming feature, if your car is newer than mine, it might automatically dim your rear view.
DBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #63
DBrown

Also, i know about my alarm. I was wondering if the horn could beep once when i lock the car. That way i can know if i locked the car without having to see it. My dads chevy avalanche honks the horn once when you press the lock button on the keyless remote a second time.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:46 PM   #64
Andy2108

My Ride: E46 M3, '67 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
Also, i know about my alarm. I was wondering if the horn could beep once when i lock the car. That way i can know if i locked the car without having to see it. My dads chevy avalanche honks the horn once when you press the lock button on the keyless remote a second time.
sure, wire up a relay that controls the horn to turn on based on the signal that would normally power the speaker.

De gustibus non est disputandum.
Andy2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:50 PM   #65
DBrown

I was just wondering if it was a computer setting I could change. I don't have my heart set on it, just thaught it would be a nice feature.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #66
joneperry

My Ride: e46 + S60 + Z
my side view mirrors actually fold upwards like an m6.... all coupe and vert e46 mirrors do that, i just found out this year, it takes a bit of a strategy to get it right though if you dont have auto-fold.
joneperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #67
jbw5485

My Ride: 2003 BMW 330ci vert
someone please clearify for me.....i've tried holding the unlock button to roll down the windows but no go. i've tried it with everything unlocked....and tried it on the first unlock press. i can stick the key in the door and hold it in the unlock position and the windows will roll down and the top will fold back. and vise versa for the lock position....but nothing happens remotely. does this feature need to be activated? or does it not work on verts? thanks
jbw5485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #68
delmarco

My Ride: 2001 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbw5485 View Post
someone please clearify for me.....i've tried holding the unlock button to roll down the windows but no go. i've tried it with everything unlocked....and tried it on the first unlock press. i can stick the key in the door and hold it in the unlock position and the windows will roll down and the top will fold back. and vise versa for the lock position....but nothing happens remotely. does this feature need to be activated? or does it not work on verts? thanks
you need it to be coded

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:15 PM   #69
Andy2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBrown View Post
"5)The clown nose under the mirror is the adjuster for night time diving"

It is for the alarm (if you install one from the dealer as an accessory) and not for night time driving

I know that already, next time you get in your car twist the big red circle thing and your mirror will tilt down to dim headlights from cars behind you. My car is a 2001 so there is no auto dimming feature, if your car is newer than mine, it might automatically dim your rear view.
mine doesnt do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
you need it to be coded
because its a 'vert?

Old 11-21-2010, 10:25 PM   #70
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko123 View Post
it doesnt feel like an outdated car and exterior and interior is hella fresh STILL
you're from New Jersey and you just used the phrase "hella fresh"?

Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #71
Andy2108

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
you're from New Jersey and you just used the phrase "hella fresh"?

I say hella and Im from kansas

Old 11-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #72
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy2108 View Post
I say hella and Im from kansas
for you too, then
Old 11-22-2010, 03:33 AM   #73
Hukerfaker

My Ride: My wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalM View Post
The exhaust width (3.5) is the size of the width of my d1ck and the length is 3 times the width. thats the cooliest part of my E46 oh and my rims are pretty cool
Great success at exhausting us with your dick
Old 11-22-2010, 04:33 AM   #74
TerraPhantm

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
Cool things my e46 does... Besides the stuff already mentioned, mine does the following:
  • I can close the windows and sunroof by holding the lock button.
  • If I tap the turn signal stalk, the blinker will blink 3 times - just like the lane change function in the newer BMWs.
  • If I keep the mirror in the passenger position, I can adjust where the mirror is pointing in reverse. Right now I've got mine set up to go all the way down, and then all the way to the left - I see the wheel perfectly when I'm parking. It goes back to the normal position when I get out of reverse.

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 11-22-2010 at 04:34 AM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:57 AM   #75
theinfamousdrew

My Ride: 911 Turbo / E70
When i hit the unlock button twice only my front windows open (no rear vents, or sunroof)......then when i hit the lock button twice it closes all.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 AM   #76
auto feature

My Ride: E46 318i
The handling of the car is superb, i love it.
auto feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #77
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousdrew View Post
When i hit the unlock button twice only my front windows open (no rear vents, or sunroof)......then when i hit the lock button twice it closes all.
Custom module? I don't think you can do that through NCS Expert, can you? (I'm assuming your talking about just a double tap, and not press + hold)
Old 11-23-2010, 12:28 AM   #78
freys330

My Ride: 04 330Ci SMG
@ DelMarco

Whats interesting is that your car actually uses the siren for the OEM alarm. That other guys has more of a aftermarket beep, and mine sounds completely different than both of yours...

I was going to ask you... When you click unlock does the car sometime only flash the signals once? Every once in a while it seems my car will forget to double flash the signals... Happens once every 15th unlock id say.. Anyone have that too?
----

Nifty feature I found out today.. If you have the OEM alarm system and you remove the Negative battery while the car is armed, there is a backup battery someplace that will put the alarm into PANIC for a good 5 minutes!
Old 11-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #79
TerraPhantm

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarco View Post
yeah Terrarphantm who programmed my car said that the facelift BMW E46s after 3/2003 beeps like a computerized beeping whiles the prefacelift cars chirp.

IDK either.
Nah, it's not so much the year of the car that makes the difference, but the year of the siren. If you got yourself a newer siren, it'd sound just like mine without having to recode anything. I'm not quite sure when the cutoff was, but I know 2001 sirens definitely had the digital sound (my dad used to have a 2001 X5 which made the same noise as my E46, albeit quite a bit louder).

I think the previous owner of your car got a siren from a '99 car or something along those lines. Maybe even grabbed one from a pre-facelift E39 since the E46 bracket fits fine on the E39 siren.

I personally prefer the digital sound, but it's not a big deal. They all accomplish basically the same thing, and the actual siren part sounds similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freys330 View Post
@ DelMarco

Whats interesting is that your car actually uses the siren for the OEM alarm. That other guys has more of a aftermarket beep, and mine sounds completely different than both of yours...

I was going to ask you... When you click unlock does the car sometime only flash the signals once? Every once in a while it seems my car will forget to double flash the signals... Happens once every 15th unlock id say.. Anyone have that too?
----

Nifty feature I found out today.. If you have the OEM alarm system and you remove the Negative battery while the car is armed, there is a backup battery someplace that will put the alarm into PANIC for a good 5 minutes!
Does it sound like mine? If so you've got an OEM siren too, just the newer style one. They're interchangeable though, so if you like the old one better, you just need to find one and swap it in. And the siren itself has a NiMH battery in it, so it'll go off if you remove the terminal (at least the new style ones do. I'm not sure about the older ones like delmarco's)

Last edited by TerraPhantm; 11-23-2010 at 03:23 AM.
TerraPhantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 03:32 AM   #80
Muney

My Ride: is on e92 M3 reps
Q: Cool things about my e46?

A: Seats and a steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
Just discovered a new specie : The AAG. African-American Guido.
Quote:
this is like saying a tractor is better than a Veyron because it can keep a higher speed through deep manure
Muney is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cool, e46, features, hidden