E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
howie

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
MJ comments on Lebron's cowardly move

howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
mrlover

My Ride: 2002 325i
that's because he really is cowardly who need lot of helps to win and so afraid to lose.
mrlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:02 AM   #3
eee4666

My Ride: '02 325i / '07 600RR
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlover View Post
that's because he really is cowardly who need lot of helps to win and so afraid to lose.
My head just exploded trying to decode that.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #4
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlover View Post
yes, because jordan did it alone without the help of two hall of fame players along side of him, the show time lakers were a bunch of cowards, kareem, james worthy, and magic johnson were all cowards. joe dumars, bill lambier, john salley, and dennis rodman of the 89 pistons were all cowards as well.

bottom line, everyone who has talked **** about the heat and lebron have all been homers of other teams who are scared shitless that the heat are going to stomp the **** out of your team all season long.

i wish you and morons like you would just shut the **** up and realize how stupid you sound why you cry about reasons why lebron is a "coward", do yourself a favor and educate yourself on some NBA history before you make yourself look like an even bigger idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 03:55 PM   #5
Jroo

My Ride: hooptie
I have to disagree. It is true that every championship team had many pieces and role players. Jordan never went out to assemble a team that he thought would win out of the gate, he put players on his back. Scottie Pippen was never considered more than a role player in Chigago. Could Scottie have been swapped with 10 other guys in the league and had the same results? Jordans bulls were nothing more than Jordan and a bunch of role players. Here is the beef with Lebron. He is the face of the NBA, calls himself the king. I could care less that he left Cleveland, I would have left myself. It was how it was done. When I listened to Jordan and watched the espn special with Bird and Magic, it was confirmed for me. Those guys wanted to beat the best. Magic wanted to beat Bird. Jordan wanted to kill everyone, especially the Knicks. I could never imagine Bird calling up Magic after a loss in the championship and saying can I come over and play with you next year. He would have looked at his team, swapped out the players that were weak and took them back for a second go at whoever had the ring. Lebron is even willing to play second fiddle to DWade. Miami is DWades and everyone and their brother knows that. When they had the meeting, they went to DWades further showing us Lebron is now Scottie Pippen. If you are the King, people come to see you not the other way around.
Jroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #6
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
not even worth typing. i can go on and on about both sides of the coin really

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #7
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroo View Post
I have to disagree. It is true that every championship team had many pieces and role players. Jordan never went out to assemble a team that he thought would win out of the gate, he put players on his back. Scottie Pippen was never considered more than a role player in Chigago. Could Scottie have been swapped with 10 other guys in the league and had the same results? Jordans bulls were nothing more than Jordan and a bunch of role players. Here is the beef with Lebron. He is the face of the NBA, calls himself the king. I could care less that he left Cleveland, I would have left myself. It was how it was done. When I listened to Jordan and watched the espn special with Bird and Magic, it was confirmed for me. Those guys wanted to beat the best. Magic wanted to beat Bird. Jordan wanted to kill everyone, especially the Knicks. I could never imagine Bird calling up Magic after a loss in the championship and saying can I come over and play with you next year. He would have looked at his team, swapped out the players that were weak and took them back for a second go at whoever had the ring. Lebron is even willing to play second fiddle to DWade. Miami is DWades and everyone and their brother knows that. When they had the meeting, they went to DWades further showing us Lebron is now Scottie Pippen. If you are the King, people come to see you not the other way around.

his sh!ts weak, plain n simple. Nobody in the past has joined forces like this is some Captain planet cartoon. Even Brandon Jennings clowned the situation

Brandon Jennings: "I guess in three years, me, Tyreke Evans, and Stephen Curry should team up, too."

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...eam-up-too.php
Old 09-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #8
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
The only people on Lebron's nuts are the ones from Florida. They havent won shiit. Non Heat fans think that Lebron's move was super weak. I couldnt believe it either. I was hoping he'd go to the Bulls. Also, Brandon Jennings sux. He doesnt have the right to say those things.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Eric View Post
The only people on Lebron's nuts are the ones from Florida. They havent won shiit. Non Heat fans think that Lebron's move was super weak. I couldnt believe it either. I was hoping he'd go to the Bulls. Also, Brandon Jennings sux. He doesnt have the right to say those things.
That's my point Not that he sucks, but he is too new to speak on that already. I just found it funny that he would make a point to say something negative like that

I was hoping Lebron went to Chicago too...that would've made the Bulls the powerhouse they used to be. Oh well
Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
iwannagofast

like i said i can agree with and understand both sides of the coin really..... but maybe there was a little more to lebron choosing the heat than to win.... (an article i just red)

Much has been made about LeBron James' less-than-satisfying manner of handling his free agency situation. A large majority of the nation's sports fans and the media have been quick to lambast his TV special and subsequent behavior while working themselves into fervor over matters that make little difference on the court but serve to satisfy the insatiable appetite for hoops during the long offseason.

Make no mistake, after the last few years of hype about what many believed was the greatest free agency class ever this summer there was no way people were going to see red after the Heat swiped the three biggest prizes with commitments in a 24-hour span.

There is no need to repeat the vicious insults hurled LeBron's way but those who now curse his name do so because they judge his actions to be those of someone arrogant and ego-driven (and/or he didn't choose their team).

Seems a bit odd to criticize someone for being self-important after having showered him with praise and worship since he's been a teenager all the way up to the point where he uttered the words "South Beach". The same media who have profited from using his image to feed this hype machine that now has its tentacles on an emerging Kevin Durant, the latest product of unconditional love, who can seemingly do no wrong while playing for a smaller-market team.

But to understand the next chapter in LeBron's life in Miami it's important to look back on LeBron's existence before basketball when he was just another anonymous little boy in Akron.

From his GQ interview this month:

As the only child of a single mother-Gloria, who gave birth at 16-James grew up poor, alone, never knowing his father. At first he and his mother lived with his grandmother in a big, roomy house, but when James was almost 3, his grandmother died. Heart attack. Christmas Day. (When I ask him later to pick the angriest he's ever been, he picks that day.)

With little education and scant work, Gloria couldn't hang on to the house. She and James hit the streets, moving constantly, and when James was in the fourth grade he essentially stopped attending school. He also spent many nights by himself, praying for his mother to come home. Sometimes she disappeared for days. "I became afraid that one day I would wake up and she would be gone forever," James says. "It's all I really cared about when I was growing up, waking up and knowing that my mom was still alive and still by my side."

While LeBron and his mother fight off a paternity lawsuit and as New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie struggles to keep track of how many children he has and what their names are, it's been a relevant topic lately.

"How in the world do gangbangers control a neighborhood?" Jim Brown asks in a recent Dan LeBatard article inspired by Cromartie in the Miami Herald. "Twelve- and 13-year-olds, these babies with guns in their hands? They control a community because there are no families there, no fathers there. The biggest problem in the black community is that fathers aren't taking care of their responsibilities. It is one of the biggest contributors to our disorganization and discord. It has turned everything backward. The social effect can't even be measured. It's totally devastating."

LeBron and his mother managed to eventually find some stability together under one roof and he became close friends with his basketball teammates as a young teenager and decided to attend the same private school together in Akron. Fast forward to present time and it's easy now to see how Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh could have convinced LeBron to join them with that same sense of brotherly love.

But just how did LeBron perceive Pat Riley when the Miami Heat contingency visited him days after this summer's free agency period began?

"I think the one thing we tried to get across as an organization, when we met with all of the free agents, is I introduced Andy and Nick, Micky, I didn't introduce myself. Coach and Alonzo was there. And I spoke about how long they've been with us and what we're about," Riley said after the Heat's welcome party in the AA Arena.

"And everybody in this organization, Andy started as an intern in the PR department. He started in the video room. Zo was the anchor. He's the anchor and he's the image of what The Heat are about. He's a warrior. He's got a great heart. And he extends beyond that into the community. Micky has simply been an incredible owner for all of us.

It's his attention, I think, to detail and the discipline. After all, he does have a day job and it's a pretty successful business. And he brings that into the culture. Nick Arison, when I came here in 1995, he was 14 years old. And he was not the team attendant. He was basically running the whole show down in the locker room. He's heard more speeches by me that he reminds me of on a regular basis that he wants to forget.

And I think (LeBron) understood that this is a group. This really is stability and it's about a family."

The Heat were wise to put the emphasis they are a rock-solid, loyal and stable organization which was in sharp contrast to other teams like the Bulls, Nets and the Cavs with all their recent managerial upheaval with new coaches, GMs and/or owner.

As impressive as Riley's professional track record is, perhaps LeBron consciously or unconsciously saw him as a father figure who could mentor him at this stage of his career and help him grow as a man.

Indeed, LeBron only had to look around the room during the Heat presentation to see a perfect example of this in the form of Alonzo Mourning.

After seeing how the Cavs coddled him his entire time in Cleveland and how his inner circle bungled his image this summer it could be his smartest move yet.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #11
howie

I'm not reading all that. He's a traitor, a coward, and he still won't win!

GO LAKERS

GO BULLS
Old 09-02-2010, 09:32 PM   #12
iwannagofast

good for you sir.... your ignorance and arrogance shines through with every post

Old 09-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #13
King of Chicago

My Ride: '09 & '12 Acura MDX
you can judge a man by his tattoos:

chosen 1
witness
gifted child

all are on the deuchebag. mix in the fact he hasn't won a championship since he was 16, and sprinkle the 1st person b.s. on top and you have the leagues #1 tool.

Lebron = LeFail
King of Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannagofast View Post
good for you sir.... your ignorance and arrogance shines through with every post
kinda like Lebron, huh!? Maybe you should cheer for me too

Old 09-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #15
juslookin

My Ride: 05 330ci ZHP
kobe had 3 rings when he was lebrons age
juslookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #16
juslookin

lebron shouldve went to chicago or ny . he wouldve been the star player in either city but he went to d wades team and is now a lap dog. i think heat will do good regular season and wont make it to the finals.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
lebron shouldve went to chicago or ny . He wouldve been the star player in either city but he went to d wades team and is now a lap dog. I think heat will do good regular season and wont make it to the finals.
this
Old 09-30-2010, 04:26 PM   #18
shockin330i

My Ride: '13 AW F10 535i
Send a message via AIM to shockin330i
Lebron says we don't like him cuz he's black...
2013 535i AW F10 "Lola" [retired]
2013 5.0 "alessandra" [retired]
2014 5.0 "jessica" [retired]
2011 135i JB E82 "Latoya"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay330Ci View Post
:drool:
i'd cosign loans for that ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Thanks dude. I knew she was a keeper when she blew me during a game of cod. I didn't do too well that game
shockin330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #19
juslookin

^ saw that lol. i like him alot less since he doesnt wanna lead a team like mj and kobe did/do. miami seemed like a easy way out for him. on paper they should win it all but when they dont he wont get all the blame so he prolly feels good about that.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #20
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juslookin View Post
^ saw that lol. i like him alot less since he doesnt wanna lead a team like mj and kobe did/do. miami seemed like a easy way out for him. on paper they should win it all but when they dont he wont get all the blame so he prolly feels good about that.
I honestly think the Celtics still have a better shot eventho the odds have the Heat winning it all at 3-2 and the Lakers only at 9-5