E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
girlsc0utcookies

My Ride: '99 328i
Eonon D5150 "Launch.exe" Error

Before I start, I know there are lots of posts addressing this issue. However, there are also a lot of different suggestions in these posts, none of which have worked for me. A lot of people say that Carlos PM'd them and gave them instructions that worked perfectly and solved the "Launch.exe" error.

My issue is that I have not heard back from Carlos and I would really like to get my D5150 fixed so I don't have to keep driving in silence everyday due to this "Launch.exe" error. So, does anyone have a solution for this that doesn't involve PMing Carlos (maybe someone can post the feedback he gave them through PM) or going off and looking through the masses of comments on other threads?

Also, I was hoping not to be required to use my micro sd card since I do not have an adaptor for my laptop, but if I have to get one I guess there's no getting around it.

Thanks.
girlsc0utcookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #2
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlsc0utcookies View Post
Before I start, I know there are lots of posts addressing this issue. However, there are also a lot of different suggestions in these posts, none of which have worked for me. A lot of people say that Carlos PM'd them and gave them instructions that worked perfectly and solved the "Launch.exe" error.

My issue is that I have not heard back from Carlos and I would really like to get my D5150 fixed so I don't have to keep driving in silence everyday due to this "Launch.exe" error. So, does anyone have a solution for this that doesn't involve PMing Carlos (maybe someone can post the feedback he gave them through PM) or going off and looking through the masses of comments on other threads?

Also, I was hoping not to be required to use my micro sd card since I do not have an adaptor for my laptop, but if I have to get one I guess there's no getting around it.

Thanks.
Hi girlsc0utcookies, I've checked carefully just now, but haven't received any PM from you. That's weired.
Anyway, I'm glad to help you, would you like me to PM you the upgrade method? Or do you still want get it from others with their feedback? Thanks a lot!

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:13 AM   #3
daki_bmw

My Ride: 330Ci
Quote:

Thanks.
What solution have you tried, that didn't involve micro SD card usage? One and only solution that works is the one that involves uploading new firmware into the unit, and it does require usage of micro SD card.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #4
girlsc0utcookies

My Ride: '99 328i
^Just tried the update per Carlos's instructions. Unit updated, but the error didn't go away.

Last edited by girlsc0utcookies; 04-02-2014 at 10:29 PM.
girlsc0utcookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:00 AM   #5
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
^Just tried the update per Carlos's instructions. Unit updated, but the error didn't go away.
Hi mate, we have received your Email too, and have replied to you just now, please kindly check an communicating with us there for better record, thanks!

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:13 AM   #6
omhl

My Ride: E46 M3 6MT
Send a message via AIM to omhl
i am having this issue tooo. pls advise
Old 04-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #7
Ghantous

I am having the same issue as well as my unit won't recognize any sd card in the gps slot please advise
Ghantous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
Jayatakli

My Ride: 325ci e46 coupe
Does anyone know how to fix the launch exe who can help me
Jayatakli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #9
ac_2007

My Ride: E46 - M3 & 325i
redacted.

Last edited by ac_2007; 09-18-2014 at 01:31 AM.
ac_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #10
NyC35AV

My Ride: 99' 323i zsp
Grrr, I now need it also.
Carlos can you pm it to me.
NyC35AV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #11
JoshC7

My Ride: Bmw 330i
Hey guys,

My launch.exe error message has now came back after 4 months of my d5150 working perfectly. Im sure you could imagine just how irritated I am. For the past 2 days I have been contacting eonon and have since tried several updates with no luck. It seems to crash right after I complete 4 step, and screen calibration... It automatically returns to blue screen and crashes back to launch.exe error message after I press OK on screen calibration. Has anyone experienced this? Am I missing a step? I have tried this update over ten times now. If anyone could please help..
JoshC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:50 AM   #12
Tenoates

My Ride: 318i
I had this error a few times and it think it happens when the system runs out if resources. I observed it when I run the gps (igo primo 2.4) with all the raster and other image features on, and it keep switching between Gps and audio choices. What I do is eject the Sdcard and the system either runs ok or it reboots and starts where it left off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tenoates is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw, d5150, eonon, launch.exe, navigation