E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:20 AM   #1
spooled951

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Quick question about dynavin navigation...mph and also 12 hour clock???

So I have everything set up and love the system but have two quick questions.

How do you change the clock so it is in 12 hour time and not 24?
How do you change from meters/kilometers to feet/mph?

Thank you and a response is appreciated

Chris
spooled951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
FeelingLucky

My Ride: //M3
Don't quote me on this, but if you're referring to the time display on the Dynavin itself, I don't think you can change it. I have to admit, I like that because I'm a bit of 24hour clock advocate and think the whole world should adopt it...........

The time format and units of measurements are individually set in whatever nav program you're using, I assume iGo 8, I think they should be in "Settings"
FeelingLucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #3
Tho///a5

My Ride: 2k M5
I think Igo8 has a wizard that you can change all the settings at once for. Check it out in the menu options.
Tho///a5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 01:32 AM   #4
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Just what we all wished for this new year, another Dynavin thread with basic questions already answered a thousand times.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:54 AM   #5
Dan Rodriguez

My Ride: 02 SMG M3 Vert
Well maybe it's about time that individual Dynavin questions/issues have their own threads. It would be a lot more helpful for people who actually use the "search" function. Do you really expect new owners to wade through a thread that has over 1000 replies in it? And that's just the V5 thread! I did read through every Dynavin thread before I bought mine back in September. But I don't expect everybody else to, especially given the amount of discussions that have popped up recently.
Dan Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
Evap

My Ride: rubs tires
The v5 thread has its own search function.
Evap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:26 AM   #7
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Not specific to the OP here but just a reminder to anyone who is reading through here later....

The Dynavin FAQ: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=803437
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:20 PM   #8
harticus5

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
the dynavin FAQ does not list any answer to the 12hr clock question.......but is listed as question number 20.
03 BMW M3 Coupe,Titan. Silver,Black Leather Interier,6 SPD,Prem Pkg,Cold Weather Pkg,Harman Kardon, Xenon Lights,Alum. Interier Trim,Alarm,Black Side grills,15% Tint,Dynavin v5 w/ rvserse camera,Clear Side markers,MS54,M3 emblem trunk mat/floor mats,Painted front reflectors,Driver KeyHole delete,Blue/White LED inter.LED exter/tail/turn,Allum.Pedals,M3 Illum. door sills"==///M3==",Painted Fog LGT Insrt,Sirius Sprt5 hardwired,Chrome license plate
harticus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 05:54 PM   #9
J&T Distributing

hahaha....thats because I was adding it.....it has an answer now....
Old 01-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #10
Darkoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Rodriguez View Post
Well maybe it's about time that individual Dynavin questions/issues have their own threads. It would be a lot more helpful for people who actually use the "search" function. Do you really expect new owners to wade through a thread that has over 1000 replies in it? And that's just the V5 thread! I did read through every Dynavin thread before I bought mine back in September. But I don't expect everybody else to, especially given the amount of discussions that have popped up recently.
Yes, a thousand individual Dynavin threads would be so much easier wouldn't it, that way you'd only have to read a few words at a time and not tax your brain to have to read a whole paragraph or God forbid more than a single page.
Have they stopped teaching how to read or have IQs dropped sharply in recent years ??
Old 01-01-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
J&T Distributing

^^^My evil twin strikes again....
Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #12
Darkoz

Still telling it like it is ....Mwahahahaha.......!!

By the way Jeff, do you know anyone that sells these Dynavin thingies???

Last edited by Darkoz; 01-01-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 04:00 AM   #13
Dan Rodriguez

My Ride: 02 SMG M3 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Yes, a thousand individual Dynavin threads would be so much easier wouldn't it, that way you'd only have to read a few words at a time and not tax your brain to have to read a whole paragraph or God forbid more than a single page.
Have they stopped teaching how to read or have IQs dropped sharply in recent years ??
Like I said, _I_ did read every page before I purchased my Dynavin. I wanted to be sure I was making the right decision and spent the better part of an evening reading everything. But there is significantly more information now and I do think it's getting to be too much to expect everybody to read everything. The V5 thread is now 58 pages long and a lot of it is crap that should be PMs instead of posts. Like the recent post about somebody's LOC not working and asking Jeff if he could get a replacement. (No offense to the poster, just a recent example of some of the clutter in that thread.)

Jeff has done a great job with the FAQs and I'm sure it has been useful to many people. But as this thread illustrates, not every question is answered there.

The Dynavin is a complex system with many different parts and functions. This has been acknowledged several times, even by Jeff himself. You could have entire threads dedicated to the Ipod interface, the installation, the Bluetooth interface, the back up camera, the GPS, the different navi programs, the radio, etc. Granted it is much more complex but when I have a problem with my engine, I don't go to the "Official S54 engine thread". I look for or initiate a thread discussing the individual component/function.

The current organization of information obviously works for you. It works fine for me too. But it helps that we have stayed on top of the information for longer than somebody who may have just learned about the Dynavin today. I just don't think the "newbies" deserve to be ripped a new one for asking a question that was already answered in a thread with over a thousand replies.
Dan Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 AM   #14
Darkoz

All the information that's needed is contained in only two threads, (three if you count the Primo info thread) the current Dynavin V5 part 2 thread and the Dynavin FAQ thread.
All of which you could go through in less than a couple of hours at the most, not to mention you could use the Search function within the thread itself.
So if someone is spending $700 on a Dynavin surely they could be bothered spending a couple hours of their time to learn about it and to help themselves.
Not to mention that while reading the official thread they just might actually learn other things which they otherwise may have missed therefore saving the need to ask a question for every query they may have.

The Dynavin discussion has been going for long enough now that pretty much everything has been answered ten times over and it gets fairly frustrating when the most basic questions keep being asked such as the one in this thread which has already been discussed and answered repeatedly both when the V5 was initially released and also only just recently.
So yes I think the "newbies" should be ripped a new one for their laziness and their expectaion that others are here to spoon feed them and do the work for them.
The fact is that they don't bother to read or to search or to use some common sense.

Last edited by Darkoz; 01-02-2011 at 05:08 AM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote