E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #21
StingLikeABimmer

My Ride: '02 325i Sd Facelift
Hopefully I get lucky with mine. I ordered some new lights from Kholty and UPS says they are out for delivery with them as we speak. I have a co-worker friend who bought the EE from kholty for his M3 and hasn't had any problems with them. I will be installing mine in an '02 325i sedan (facelift). I will let you know how they turn out.

2002 325i Facelift Sedan in Alpine White in the Denver Metro Area
MODS --> USASpec iPod Interface /// Lighted Shift Knob with M Emblem /// Clear DEPO Corner Turn Signals with LED Bulbs /// Clear Side Markers with LED Bulbs /// Eagle Eye LED Tail Light Assembly /// Matte Black Grill
StingLikeABimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 10:57 PM   #22
mujjuman

My Ride: not an E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingLikeABimmer View Post
Hopefully I get lucky with mine. I ordered some new lights from Kholty and UPS says they are out for delivery with them as we speak. I have a co-worker friend who bought the EE from kholty for his M3 and hasn't had any problems with them. I will be installing mine in an '02 325i sedan (facelift). I will let you know how they turn out.

Word, keep us updated... I haven't installed them yet because my car is in the shop lol

2003 325xi 5MT
Jet Black, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, OEM Xenon ^^RIP
sig by Solidjake
mujjuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:00 AM   #23
StingLikeABimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujjuman View Post
Word, keep us updated... I haven't installed them yet because my car is in the shop lol
Sounds good, I have a thread already started on this install as well as my experience with khoalty if you want to check it out. Here is the link.

MODS --> USASpec iPod Interface /// Lighted Shift Knob with M Emblem /// Clear DEPO Corner Turn Signals with LED Bulbs /// Clear Side Markers with LED Bulbs /// Eagle Eye LED Tail Light Assembly /// Matte Black Grill
Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 PM   #24
StingLikeABimmer

No Bulb outs from the install this morning. I think they look great!

Old 03-10-2011, 10:27 PM   #25
mujjuman

thanks for the update!!!! i hvent installed them yet lol

2003 325xi 5MT
sig by Solidjake
Old 03-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #26
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc
Sponsor

My Ride: BMWs
the best part about the LED tails is standing 20 feet back from your car with them on and seeing the LEDs and how modern they look compared to the factory halogen ambers

especially if you do it with one of each on, truly a night and day difference!

glad you like them!mujjuman, get them put on!
Dean | KHOALTY, Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:51 PM   #27
mujjuman

haha i cant wait... my car is in the shop tho

2003 325xi 5MT
sig by Solidjake
Old 03-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
StingLikeABimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujjuman
damn. the way you describe it makes me think i have the older version. can u post a pic? i'm guessing u already installed it.

im mad because no one told me where i can get the new version and what the new version even looks like.

I believe that the lights that Khoalty sells are the newer version (correct me if I'm wrong Dean). In some other posts I have seen on E46 fanatics I have seen pictures from the trunk that really show the difference from the two versions. The old version had a not at all OEM look from the trunk, and as you can see from this picture that I borrowed from ventura 328ci here on E46 fanatics you can see the capacitors and resistors that run the panels are much smaller on the new version.

As you can see on this picture there are two larger boxes, and a smaller capacitor box, in the newer version they were able consolidate the resistors into one box about the same size as the larger black box in the picture above, and the capacitors stayed the same.

My setup is shown below, the black capacitor box is hidden by some of the trunk framing, but it is roughly the same size from what I can tell in this other guys picture.

The second MAJOR improvement in my opinion was the appearance of the unit from the trunk.

You can see the first picture in this post that the view from the trunk isn't horrible but it certainly is not anything I would care for with the non OEM look and I have heard some posts that the lights for the trunk are a strange placement in the clear box and don't provide as much light as the OEM setup. Honestly I didn't need to get into my trunk at all last night, so I can't speak to the brightness of the trunk lights but they sure are a lot more visually appealing!

Hope this helps! I am so happy with my purchase that I am already shopping Khoalty again for more stuff! Ha!

BTW if you want to check out the thread that I found that picture in, the guy has a lot of good other pictures in this thread if you want to check it out!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=772431
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1893
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	396203   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Tails- 01.jpg
Views:	1577
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	396205   Click image for larger version

Name:	LED Tails- 02.jpg
Views:	1600
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	396206  

Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #29
mujjuman

hey, thanks for the link and the pics!! those were really helpful.

2003 325xi 5MT
sig by Solidjake
Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 PM   #30
ogsk8r

My Ride: 325ci Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto325 View Post
I got mine from Jlevis. Pretty sure there EE. There great no bulb out warning light. No burnt out LED's had them for like 8 months now. I had to pay like 275 because of the vert fitment
I just bought mine for my convertible & I really dont get what the cost difference is for. I mean I understand that the 2 door, the 4 door & the vert are all different sizes & all but I cant understand why the 2 door & 4 door versions are the same price & the vert ones like 100.00 more. Its still made the same way with the same amount of materials. I tried asking like 3 different places who sold them & not one could ****ing give me a straight answer. But I love mine & they do change the appearance dramatically.
ogsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:30 AM   #31
mujjuman

i love the shape of the 2door LED tails

2003 325xi 5MT
sig by Solidjake
Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #32
Alex Pappas

My Ride: 1999 328i
I have the EE's from KOHA, been on my rig for 2 years-no problems what so ever!
VMR 18 staggered 710, Eagle Eyes led smoked tails, smoked Depo corners and sides with amber led, dual bulb carrier for trunk lid lights, H&R sport cup kit, M3 trunk lid spoiler, AC Schnitzer roof spoiler, black out grilles, license plate delete, 03' 3 spoke sport wheel, m3 strut bar, shadowline trim, p46 head lights, LED amber 3000k Angel Eyes, custom painted engine covers, BSW speakers, AFE stage 1 CAI-oiled filter.
Alex Pappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #33
TaRuX

My Ride: BMW E46 320ci
hello all,

can you tell mee please where a can buy the resistors, only the resistors, it's for my Led tails for my E46 coupe , thanks
TaRuX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #34
illogik

My Ride: 325i, A3
Does Depo even make LED tails for sedans?
illogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 08:23 AM   #35
StingLikeABimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogik View Post
Does Depo even make LED tails for sedans?
I never saw them while I was shopping for my tail lights?? In fact I was 99% sold on the R/C/R halogen set DEPO made because I was under the impression that no LED tails were made for an '02 facelifted sedan, until my buddy told me that just because the LED had the Coupe style layout didn't mean they wouldn't fit my car, so I started checking it out and the Eagle Eyes is all I found?

As far as your concern about having resistors attached to the tails in an earlier post, Because LED bulbs draw less power, I am pretty sure that EVERY tail light assembly with LED's that would replace your halogens SHOULD have resistors. Otherwise your dash will be riddled with bulb out errors because the CPU will think that the tail lights are dead since LED's use so much less power than halogens. So I think that even if you can find another manufacturer of LED tails for sedans, it will probably also have a bundle of resistors attached to it, have a bunch of resistors built into the LED display, or you will end up needing to install one after you install the product...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaRuX View Post
hello all,

can you tell mee please where a can buy the resistors, only the resistors, it's for my Led tails for my E46 coupe , thanks
I am not sure where to get just the resistors for the tails, I know that Jelwski or however you spell their name and Khoalty just resistors for people who replace Halogens with LED assemblies (for both corner markers interior LED's and reverse light LED's- which now I wish I bought the Reverse LED - Look pretty Sweet) that just screw into the Halogen fixtures... But I have no idea where you would get the big box of resistors attached to the LED Tails???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pappas View Post
I have the EE's from KOHA, been on my rig for 2 years-no problems what so ever!
Awesome, I like to hear from people who have been happy with their products. From working in retail type setting my whole life I know that people are MUCH more likely to complain than to offer compliments on a product or a service. It's just human nature! Good to hear (for my own sake as well since I just installed mine this week!).

Old 03-13-2011, 10:44 AM   #36
mujjuman

resistors for LED tails if yours didnt come with them:

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/p217...duct_info.html

out of stock though....

2003 325xi 5MT
sig by Solidjake
Old 05-16-2011, 12:51 AM   #37
grandcarrera

My Ride: 330xi 2003
So how many people have problem with EE tail light?

too bad depo they don't have it for sedan.
grandcarrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #38
homeryen88

My Ride: 2002 325i sedan
Hello...

Please see my thread on this Depo LED Sedan lighting product for insight:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=843428
Old 05-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #39
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
We have both Smoked and White E46 LED tails below...

Click HERE for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:03 AM   #40
mujjuman

thanks for updates.

2003 325xi 5MT
sig by Solidjake