E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #21
speedcrazy1532

My Ride: is over
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post

Lack of understanding, negative media portrayal, false sense of security, dependency on others, projection of evil on inanimate objects instead of people, etc.

Sheep
Yup. Laws have done a decidedly terrible job at enforcing just about everything. Criminals break laws. This is what makes them criminals. The law will not protect you in the immediate. Who is everyone kidding? Sheep is right.
speedcrazy1532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #22
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by davematuska View Post
I believe that those people who are anti gun believe that if guns were illegal that the criminals wouldn't have them and thus the store owner wouldn't have needed them (correct me if that isn't your opinion //flash). But I think that anyone who believes that is failing to realize that this store owner was older and by himself in a fight with 4 thugs. They could have easily overpowered him and done anything they wanted to his wife and to him. The guns equalized this law abiding older store owner with four criminals the way a bat, pepper spray, telephone, alarm system, or butcher knife never could. Besides, even if they did make guns illega,l law enforcement would be powerless to keep them from the hands of criminals. Don't believe me? Look at cocaine. Illegal since 1914, millions of dollars spent on enforcement every month (US Army, Navy, Coast guard, DEA, Customs, Border Patrol, State and local law enforcement) and you can buy it in any high school for relatively cheap. What makes anyone think that guns would be any easier to stop from importation?
Yup... and let's not forget. Guns are illegal to own by convicted felons. Doesn't stop them from acquiring guns and committing crimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-17-2010 at 01:32 PM.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:26 PM   #23
davematuska

My Ride: 2005 330i ZHP -Imola
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEnder View Post
I think you're right. If a criminal is willing to conduct armed robbery, murder, rape, etc...why would the balk at purchasing a firearm illegally? And arguing that illegality halts availability is insane, see drugs.
Drugs are the perfect example. Firearms cannot be un-invented. They will be available. Another example would be the prohibition of alcohol. After it was made illegal only criminals made any money from it, no taxes were collected on it, and it became a catalyst for violence. The prohibition of firearms would work the same way. Only someone inclined to be a criminal would purchase one, no more sales tax or income tax collected on the sales, law abiding citizens would have to make do with much less effective self defense weapons, and criminal activity and violence would increase as illegal gun dealers fought over territory and fought with the police. Where is //flash and the other anti-gunners with their rebuttals. I would really like to hear the solutions that they have to the violence and what they think would happen if firearms were prohibited. Its no fun when its just us agreeing with each other!
davematuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:33 PM   #24
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

I'd love to hear anti-gunners answers to the following

Quote:
Are you anti-gun or anti-crime/violence?

If you are truly antigun, you should feel that even cops should not carry, our military shouldn't carry nor should hunters that catch their food carry?

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:22 PM   #25
davematuska

Where are these guys? I am not bull headed on this subject. I could completely have my mind changed and join them as an anti gunner if they could only simply explain the following to me: If guns were made illegal, 1. How does law enforcement go about removing them from the streets and preventing importation? (we failed with alcohol/drugs ect) 2. Once they are all gone and we have stopped importation, how does a store owner in his 50s, my 110 pound wife, disabled people, elderly people defend themselves against criminals? (or anyone else for that matter when the criminals out number you in a fight) 3. How are we going to prevent violence and crime increasing when less and less criminals are killed by law abiding citizens and when they are no longer fearful at all about victimizing people that they know are unarmed. (how many crimes do you think that store owner prevented by killing three violent criminals and scaring the crap out of another)? 4. Why is it that the places that firearms are prohibited or heavily controlled are the most dangerous (Washington DC, New York, Chicago, Prison, the planes used on 9/11.) Is it because the non violent people in these places cannot defend themselves effectively? Please //flash or another anti gunner please answer these questions so we can stop the violence.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:30 PM   #26
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davematuska View Post
Where are these guys? I am not bull headed on this subject. I could completely have my mind changed and join them as an anti gunner if they could only simply explain the following to me: If guns were made illegal, 1. How does law enforcement go about removing them from the streets and preventing importation? (we failed with alcohol/drugs ect) 2. Once they are all gone and we have stopped importation, how does a store owner in his 50s, my 110 pound wife, disabled people, elderly people defend themselves against criminals? (or anyone else for that matter when the criminals out number you in a fight) 3. How are we going to prevent violence and crime increasing when less and less criminals are killed by law abiding citizens and when they are no longer fearful at all about victimizing people that they know are unarmed. (how many crimes do you think that store owner prevented by killing three violent criminals and scaring the crap out of another)? 4. Why is it that the places that firearms are prohibited or heavily controlled are the most dangerous (Washington DC, New York, Chicago, Prison, the planes used on 9/11.) Is it because the non violent people in these places cannot defend themselves effectively? Please //flash or another anti gunner please answer these questions so we can stop the violence.
It's all they got. They simply regurgitate the non-sense they hear/see on TV, politicians, etc.

"Guns are bad!" "Guns kill people!" "No guns = Zero Crime!"

then they are asked to explain their position and justify their thoughts.

Crickets...Crickets...

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.
Old 12-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #27
davematuska

Quote:
It's all they got. They simply regurgitate the non-sense they hear/see on TV, politicians, etc.

"Guns are bad!" "Guns kill people!" "No guns = Zero Crime!"

then they are asked to explain their position and justify their thoughts.

Crickets...Crickets...
Crickets.....Crickets
Old 12-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #28
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwagon View Post
///Flash has really been trolling lately...
I second this notion.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:39 PM   #29
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 PM   #30
Master Po

My Ride: E46 no more
Quote:
Why is this a wrong story? Because it proves that the right to carry firearms is effective in defending ones life and stopping crime?
Wrong story for his soapbox. Read my post again.

I also recall a story of a home owner who shot a juvenile who invaded his home.
According to his story, he was protecting his home and his daughter.
The truth came out later... the juvenile was his daughter's boyfriend who has sneaked in at his daughter's request.

That's the kind of story he needed.
Or wait until the whole story on this one comes out... so, the guy set up his story as a trap, where he has to buzz people in and out... hmm... I'll withhold judgment until more is known.
Master Po is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 PM   #31
Master Po

Not the story I saw but makes the case just as well. LOL
http://www.kens5.com/news/local/Fath...-89341147.html

If there was no gun at the house, this violence would not have happened.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:33 PM   #32
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Po View Post

The truth came out later... the juvenile was his daughter's boyfriend who has sneaked in at his daughter's request.

Or wait until the whole story on this one comes out... so, the guy set up his story as a trap, where he has to buzz people in and out... hmm... I'll withhold judgment until more is known.
Quote:

Where do you anti-gun'ers get your thought process from?
I really want to understand how you think. Honest, I do and I hope we can have a civil debate.

"If there was no gun at the house, this violence would not have happened."
Was the gun in a bad mood that night?

You can't honestly believe yourself when you say stuff like that. Do fists, knives, baseball bats, hammers, rope, etc not have the capability to harm/kill? Those items have never been used in a crime/murder before?

Why do you continue to focus on the item used and not the person? Is it because guns are mis-understood and scary to you?

Quote:
I agree with JonJon.

Last edited by JonJon; 12-20-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #33
djetaine

My Ride: 2001 330CI
Quote:

My step dad beat the crap out of a guy he caught in my sisters bed when she was 15.
Guess what, there was a gun in the house. However, he didnt shoot him. He just gave him what for with the back of his hand.
The gun must have been in a good mood that night.
Just because you have a gun doesnt mean you are going to use it. Just because you have a fist doesnt mean you are going to fight. There are plenty of pussies out there who get beat instead of defending themselves.

Last edited by djetaine; 12-20-2010 at 11:47 PM.
djetaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #34
Reedo302

Quote:

I guess I'm going to have to say it.... The Juvenile sneaking in may not have deserved it, but he was certainly asking for it. You don't sneak into peoples' houses. Daughter should have known better that her dad had the gun ready to rock, and the juvi numb-nuts shouldn't have been out doing stupid sh*t.

Quote:

But look at the other perspective: what if the juvenile snuck in, then began to sexually assault the female at knife point with the steak knife he took from the girl's kitchen? Where's the trade-off? Guess it's time to ban steak knives...

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 12-21-2010 at 01:01 AM.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:15 AM   #35
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
You guys got suckered into this troll thread. Wtf? Why is the political aspect being debated in this forum? I don't need to justify the ownership of a gun within a gun forum to appease an anti. They don't like guns - no big deal but keep that sh*t out of the sub-forum. Let's go back to showing off pics of toys.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:02 AM   #36
Reedo302

From now on, all political questions are to be forwarded to Uncle Ted.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #37
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
don't mess wiff Texas

picked up a new "night stand decor" at the gun show this weekend, pics tonight

Last edited by Ghostie; 12-21-2010 at 08:16 AM.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #38
Master Po

Quote:
Where do you anti-gun'ers get your thought process from?
I really want to understand how you think. Honest, I do and I hope we can have a civil debate.

"If there was no gun at the house, this violence would not have happened."
Was the gun in a bad mood that night?

You can't honestly believe yourself when you say stuff like that. Do fists, knives, baseball bats, hammers, rope, etc not have the capability to harm/kill? Those items have never been used in a crime/murder before?

Why do you continue to focus on the item used and not the person? Is it because guns are mis-understood and scary to you?
In that story, do you seriously visualize grandpa going after the boyfriend with a rope?
Put another way, you have bats, knives, ropes... why do you need a gun?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:29 AM   #39
Master Po

Quote:
Originally Posted by djetaine View Post
My step dad beat the crap out of a guy he caught in my sisters bed when she was 15.
Guess what, there was a gun in the house. However, he didnt shoot him. He just gave him what for with the back of his hand.
The gun must have been in a good mood that night.
Just because you have a gun doesnt mean you are going to use it. Just because you have a fist doesnt mean you are going to fight. There are plenty of pussies out there who get beat instead of defending themselves.
That's exactly the point.
You are enraged for whatever reason. The decisions you make at that particular moment, with your body full of hormones, if very different from those you make with a cool head. The heck with society rules, morals, decency. Only biological instincts matter. (yeah, one can train responses, but that's beyond the scope).
All those other "ways" (bats, knives, ropes, whatever) require you to engage the opponent. You make an assessment: are you likely to get beat up? If yes, you don't engage. That's how it works in the wild with animals. The challenger may even engage for a while, but when it's clear that he's not going to win, he retreats and the challenge is over.
A bat tilts the field a bit to one side, but gives the other side a chance to retreat.
A gun escalates the entire situation and makes it so final. The worst part... if the guy with the gun gets beat up, the chances of him getting killed (by his own gun) is enormously higher, so there's a sense of urgency... shoot first, ask questions later.
That's exactly the thinking behind the "king of castle" law that was passed in TX.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #40
Master Po

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
I guess I'm going to have to say it.... The Juvenile sneaking in may not have deserved it, but he was certainly asking for it. You don't sneak into peoples' houses. Daughter should have known better that her dad had the gun ready to rock, and the juvi numb-nuts shouldn't have been out doing stupid sh*t.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if everybody did what they SHOULD have done? Wait... then you wouldn't need a gun. Then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
But look at the other perspective: what if the juvenile snuck in, then began to sexually assault the female at knife point with the steak knife he took from the girl's kitchen? Where's the trade-off? Guess it's time to ban steak knives...
That's the scenario that fuels you guys paranoia, isn't it? What ifs.
Hey, you don't have to what if anything. We were there. In the wild wild west, a few hundred years ago. Everybody carried guns.
Every little confrontation ended up with a corpse.
We evolved out of that situation. We as in the majority. Look at the entire world. Look at other civilized countries. There's a reason why your way of thinking is the minority. You just can't see it, that's all.