E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Suspension & Braking

Suspension & Braking
Have some questions about suspension or brake setups for your E46 BMW? Get all your answers here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 AM   #1
al0513

My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
Looking for a smoother ride.

I've been browsing the suspension section of this forum for awhile now. I've read plenty of threads on suspensions and what to get.

From what I gather, v1, v2, v3, coilover kits are more for the track- you will feel the bumps on the road- am I right?

What I'm looking for is a better ride, Im starting to feel the bumps a little more ( it could be just in my head, because Ive been eyeing a new suspension setup for awhile now). Also, I wouldn't mind lowering the car, and spring would accomplish that. My 330ci has 108k miles and will probably be a DD- no tracking in the near future. I've replaced the shocks and also had meyle control arms put on her about a year ago.

EDIT: ECS- I know I bought the meyle kit from y'all a year ago, I would say September to early October and I'm pretty sure I bought the stage 1 suspension rebuild.
Here

I'm pretty unknowledgable about suspensions, but I have read up on it. I only ask you guys because many of you are well schooled on suspensions.

Now what should I get? I have been eyeing the cut kit for awhile now, the one with the sports springs. Is that a good choice for what I'm trying to accomplish? What else should I change out at the same time for a better ride?

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays!

Last edited by al0513; 12-22-2010 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Adding url
al0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #2
ari00

My Ride: 04 330ci
I've had the Bilstein PSS9 kit (they have the PSS10 now) and am very happy. they're easy to adjust, and the higher settings (6 and above) would give you a nice ride close to stock while still lowering the car for you. Doesn't sound like you're into "slamming" your car down too the ground.

Good luck!
ari00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
al0513

My Ride: 04 Silver Gray 330CI
thanks man!! any other inputs?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
If you are in TX, you'll be OK with coilovers. Might not find them quite as comfortable in other places in the US.

I have PSS and lived in Killeen with them for a year. They felt great. Now I am in Korea and I get a back punishing ride on the horrible korean roads.

With that said, I'm inclined to recommend Bilstein sports and some nice lowering springs (I like UUCs which drop the car just right).
bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote