E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
toddkageals

My Ride: 2008 335i sport/prem
Help with Dynavin and Igo Primo

For all you Dynavin users out there. I installed my Dynavin a couple of weeks ago. I am slowly getting this thing setup the way I want it. I got IGo Primo on a card from a member here and then downloaded the latest Navteq Maps. I am MUCH happier with the Dynavin in general as I get everything the way I want it (wish it had shipped like this). Anyway....when I go into the settings menu in the Nav., it brings up 6 voices to choose from. I want to use the female American voice that says it announces street names. It allows me to select that option but when I exit the menu it goes back to "British James" which does NOT announce street names. How do I fix this? Also, in map view, it keeps zooming way out at certain times and then down to street level on its own. How do I keep it at street level? I also can't figure out how to get my clock to be a 12 hour clock instead of military time. I know there are a few Dynavin threads going but they are so LONG I can't read all of them!

Thanks for the help.

Todd
toddkageals is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
SC328i

My Ride: 03 330ci
Hey Todd,

I had those same questions on the IGO that I finally figured out. For the zooming out, go into settings and then I believe it's the overview settings menu. You will see a couple of boxes; Route / speed mode and speed mode without route. Uncheck those. I realized that it was switching to the overview mode when I was passing 40 mph.

Also, if you want more of a drivers view, look in the system settings. Play with the min and max tilt. I kept playing in the 3D mode etc. and kept the bird's eye view. I kept thinking it had to be some type of view mode.
SC328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
Flybot

My Ride: E39 528
There is already a whole thread devoted to these type of questions and that have probably already answered these same questions. Yes, they are long, but you can search within a thread. No need to start another.
Flybot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
toddkageals

My Ride: 2008 335i sport/prem
SC,

Thanks for the help. Know anything about getting the TTS voices to work?

Fly,

You could have answered my questions and actually been helpful using fewer words than it took you to tell me what I obviously already know. So what's your point?
toddkageals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
SC328i

My Ride: 03 330ci
Np Todd. I'm not really good at this stuff, I actually got my version formatted from Chase, a member here. Read throught the Primo thread and even the V5 thread. I've read in both how to do it but couldn't repeat it for you.

Don't worry about the attitude, it's why I don't ever post. Sad thing is, his answer was wrong because I asked the same question and never got a answer on how to fix it.
SC328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
harticus5

My Ride: 2003 M3 Coupe
im told there is no way as of now to have 12hr time format.
03 BMW M3 Coupe,Titan. Silver,Black Leather Interier,6 SPD,Prem Pkg,Cold Weather Pkg,Harman Kardon, Xenon Lights,Alum. Interier Trim,Alarm,Black Side grills,15% Tint,Dynavin v5 w/ rvserse camera,Clear Side markers,MS54,M3 emblem trunk mat/floor mats,Painted front reflectors,Driver KeyHole delete,Blue/White LED inter.LED exter/tail/turn,Allum.Pedals,M3 Illum. door sills"==///M3==",Painted Fog LGT Insrt,Sirius Sprt5 hardwired,Chrome license plate
harticus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:06 AM   #7
officer140

My Ride: 01 330xi, 99 TLR
Quote:
Originally Posted by harticus5 View Post
im told there is no way as of now to have 12hr time format.
+1 I spoke with Jeff about this and he says that there is no way around the military time for now. I know you can change it in the Navi settings though.
officer140 is offline   Reply With Quote