E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Anyone have headers with a ZHP exhaust?

Hey all,
Anyone running this setup? a stock ZHP exhaust with catless headers (BB, AA, SS, or Ebay) just wondering how it would sound...I've also heard cutting out a resonator or putting in an x pipe will make a difference when you run that setup. I've only seen one video of a ZHP with headers, but it sounded retarded and I refuse to believe that's the way all ZHPs will sound...

Thanks!
Nick
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #2
Blocked Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,490
My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
Hey all,
Anyone running this setup? a stock ZHP exhaust with catless headers (BB, AA, SS, or Ebay) just wondering how it would sound...I've also heard cutting out a resonator or putting in an x pipe will make a difference when you run that setup. I've only seen one video of a ZHP with headers, but it sounded retarded and I refuse to believe that's the way all ZHPs will sound...

Thanks!
Nick
Are you talking about my car by any chance?

If not then this is my video

If yes, then dont view it.

__________________
Original BMW Teile ///



====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #3
Len013091
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,956
My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091


Awful
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 PM   #4
Blocked Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,490
My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
What were the numbers ^
__________________
Original BMW Teile ///



====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #5
Len013091
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,956
My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091
220whp and 214wtq
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
SalM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Long Island,NY
Posts: 6,530
My Ride: Shhh
Nick!
__________________


SalMPhotography
SalM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
Blocked Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,490
My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len013091 View Post
220whp and 214wtq
Good numbers.

Any Tune?
__________________
Original BMW Teile ///



====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
Top_Bunk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cbus!
Posts: 1,432
My Ride: Ram-Air Nylon
Blocked Out's sounds pretty good, but that video posted by Len sounds horrible. I was planning on headers with stock exhaust until right now.
Top_Bunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #9
Len013091
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,956
My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091
No tune, just the headers and intake. It was on a dynojet, and about 70F outside. As far as the sound, you couldn't hear the rasp from in the drivers seat, but from outside the car, it was really bad.
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
Are you talking about my car by any chance?

If not then this is my video

If yes, then dont view it.

nah it wasn't! I don't think it's a member on here. Do you happen to have a video from the rear, maybe even acceleration? I just want to hear less engine and more exhaust if possible! what's your setup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Len013091 View Post


Awful
lotta rasp
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM   #11
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalM View Post
Nick!
hahaha sup Sal...possible next mod...?
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #12
Len013091
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,956
My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
nah it wasn't! I don't think it's a member on here. Do you happen to have a video from the rear, maybe even acceleration? I just want to hear less engine and more exhaust if possible! what's your setup?



lotta rasp
That's an understatement lol. I have since fixed the issue by going to a 3" single exhaust with a large center resonator.
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #13
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len013091 View Post
That's an understatement lol. I have since fixed the issue by going to a 3" single exhaust with a large center resonator.
can you explain that a little further? sorry I don't know much about exhausts haha just how they sound. Do you have any clips of that?

You were running a borla system at some point right? Which sounded fuuucking awesome in that video!
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #14
Blocked Out
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 5,490
My Ride: Imola 330i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
nah it wasn't! I don't think it's a member on here. Do you happen to have a video from the rear, maybe even acceleration? I just want to hear less engine and more exhaust if possible! what's your setup?
I dont have any vids from rear or driving by. I think I can make one, when I do I'll post it here.

I have SS headers and the rest is stock, even stock intake.
__________________
Original BMW Teile ///



====>>> E46 Coupe Airbags
IMG_1725
Blocked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #15
Penguin Koolaid
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chitown
Posts: 6,701
My Ride: Inline Six
You'll do 0-100dB faster than anyone else.
Penguin Koolaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 PM   #16
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocked Out View Post
I dont have any vids from rear or driving by. I think I can make one, when I do I'll post it here.

I have SS headers and the rest is stock, even stock intake.
ok sweet, and ZHP exhaust correct? and just to clarify you mean Supersprint or Stainless Steel? both SS sorry should've made that clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Koolaid View Post
You'll do 0-100dB faster than anyone else.
haha that I will
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:21 PM   #17
Len013091
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,956
My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
can you explain that a little further? sorry I don't know much about exhausts haha just how they sound. Do you have any clips of that?

You were running a borla system at some point right? Which sounded fuuucking awesome in that video!
I have one clip of it, rolling only, but it'll give you an idea. Yes, at one point I had a borla exhaust, I feel it, along with the headers, was the best sounding setup this car has had. However, finding catalytic converters to fit it was a bit of a challenge, so I had to sell it. Now, my city has gone to OBD2 emissions testing, and no longer do a sniffer test, so I may switch back to the borla.


Last edited by Len013091; 01-04-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 PM   #18
Len013091
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,956
My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091
Oh, and for a more stationary approach.
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 PM   #19
sgplayer69
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NY
Posts: 3,887
My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Len013091 View Post
I have one clip of it, rolling only, but it'll give you an idea. Yes, at one point I had a borla exhaust, I feel it, along with the headers, was the best sounding setup this car has had. However, finding catalytic converters to fit it was a bit of a challenge, so I had to sell it. Now, my city has gone to OBD2 emissions testing, and no longer do a sniffer test, so I may switch back to the borla.

wow so that's with the ZHP or borla?
__________________
Coming Soon...?
sgplayer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #20
Len013091
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 3,956
My Ride: S52 E30, 330i
Send a message via AIM to Len013091
Both videos I posted are with the 3" system. The one you saw where I was on the bridge was with the borla. The rolling video is mistitled. (Friend uploaded it on his account)
Len013091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use