E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Aftermarket headers + o2 sensor help needed...

I am getting sick of my service engine soon light being constantly on so in an effort to get it to turn off I bought a new post cat Bosch oxygen sensor from Napa autoparts. They said it is the OEM sensor but for some reason i am still having issues.
I was able to remove one of the original o2 sensors from the stock cats and that sensor has been perfectly fine, the new one however is giving me a code saying o2 sensor heater circuit intermittent. At first I thought there was something wrong with the ECU so I swapped sensors to see if the code would follow the sensor, and it did. It went from Bank 2 Sensor 2 to Bank 1 Sensor 2.
On my new o2 sensor I did not cut up the wire and hook it up to the o2 simulator just in case I would have to return it, but I don't think it should matter since I am getting a heater circuit error.

Any one have any thoughts on this?
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
yeah aa cover code so no cel simple as that dont needa worry aboutt o2 sensors and if they work or not.. its worth it
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
TrickTizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
yeah aa cover code so no cel simple as that dont needa worry aboutt o2 sensors and if they work or not.. its worth it
AA tune doesn't resolve the o2 sensor heater issue.
You still need o2 sensors, otherwise the car will throw a code.
My friend got a AA tune and still had a CEL.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
4dr05zhp6mt

My Ride: e66 Monaco Blue
Send a message via AIM to 4dr05zhp6mt
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
AA tune doesn't resolve the o2 sensor heater issue.
You still need o2 sensors, otherwise the car will throw a code.
My friend got a AA tune and still had a CEL.
The AA software build I am using does prevent CEL's stemming from the Secondary 02 sensors, I don't even have secondaries plugged in.

Do you have 1 secondary 02 with a sim and 1 secondary 02 without?

SOLD05 330i 4dr zhp 6MT Jet Black | AA C38-81 S/C, 80mm pulley, water/meth injection | AA headers | Vac Motorsport 248/256 FI cams |

https://www.4shared.com/account/home...edir=105531274 (link to INPA v5, GTv44, EDIABAS, EasyDIS
4dr05zhp6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:56 PM   #5
TrickTizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dr05zhp6mt View Post
The AA software build I am using does prevent CEL's stemming from the Secondary 02 sensors, I don't even have secondaries plugged in.

Do you have 1 secondary 02 with a sim and 1 secondary 02 without?
One sim, two sensors.
The simulator is a dual output.
Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
lucianoromero

My Ride: 2005 330ci
Eliminate post-O2 sensors entirely?

I have recently installed aftermarket headers. I am about to apply the O2 simulator. Could I unplug the post O2 sensors entirely while hooking up the simulator to the ECU?
THANKS!