E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:57 AM   #321
TGHTBMR

My Ride: rolls on HREs
My parents sold me their 81 Buick Regal for 500.00 when I was 16. You rich kids are lucky! I worked my ass off to get where I'm at today.

21 I bought it, too piss rich kids off. HHHAAAAAA
TGHTBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 02:55 AM   #322
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

My Ride: CLS55 AMG
wow this is a long ass thread...

im 19 and i bought it myself and pay for my own insurance...
Boosted_TiAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 03:57 AM   #323
charz1130
is your best friend

My Ride: M-AZING e90
Send a message via AIM to charz1130
first bmw (senior year in highschool ) 17 - parents bought
i payed for all the mods myself though.

even though my parents are pretty well off, even I dont believe that i should be driving this type of car at such a young age. I'm still driving it ( almost 18 ) in college ( UC Riverside ) ... and i'm very thankful because I dont deserve this car at all.

if you think about it.. UC riverside isnt the best school, but my parents still bought it for me, and it just showed me how much they want to see me happy, and try my best.

yea..i think i got a little bit too much into it
Old 10-09-2003, 08:09 AM   #324
Evidence

My Ride: sold
Send a message via AIM to Evidence
Well I'm 18 years old, and i dont have a BMW Yet.......
I'm a Pharmacy Technician and i work at Martin Luther King Hospital(for those of you who are from LA}.....ive been saving and am hoping to buy my bmw by the end of this year on my own

I just have a comment I have to make cause this just is really getting to me

To Everyone who had there parent get them a BMW for getting good grades, or Graduating High (I Just Graduated in june}and are acting like you desever a 30,000 car just because of this.....

I'd like to point out that:

Getting good grade is something your suppose to do regradless of the type of reward you are going to receive, Nobody owes you anything for doing something you should be doing in the first place

Graduating High School is something your suppose to do, dont act like "oh, i just graduated my parents owe me"

And those of you who are " I pay for all the mods myself"
I mean, are you proud of yourself that you are able to pay maybe 5,000 in mods tops?......i mean whats up with that, ok, so your parents drop 35,000$ and you drop 5,000......congrats[sarcasm]

There were a few more comments i saw that really got to me, but imma let most of then go

Oh, and for those of you who said "if your parents threw you the keys to a bmw, you wouldnt throw them back"

I dont know how many of you will agree on me with this, im gonna assume most of the older members will

My parents have offered to pay for the car of my choice(which was a 00 330} since i was a junior in highschool..... but I said no, instead i went and got me a job, 2 weeks after i turned 16 and bought myself a 1985 nissian 200 sx, which is that im driving now, senior year, went to a vocational school and got my technicians license and am now working as a Technician

I was not about to have my parents buy my car, and be able to hang that over my head
EX: I do something wrong and get grounded, they take away my car

Everything has a price.....Nothing is Truely Free......Buy working for something yourself, you now have something no one in the world can take away from you, because its yours and no ones elses......And besides that, you have the Right to be able to look at something you have worked hard for and say "this is mine" and have that sence of pride and accomplishment which i think is extremely meaningful

Just my 2 cents

I'd like to apologize to anyone who is humble about there things and took offence to anything i may have said

Last edited by Evidence; 10-09-2003 at 08:19 AM.
Evidence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 09:17 AM   #325
quest330ci

My Ride: M3
24 for my first, a 330 and paid for by yours truly. I waited until I bought my own house before I bought the car though. I gues that is one thing I have on most of these 16 year olds. I have my own place : )
quest330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:10 AM   #326
bimmaboy23

My Ride: R.I.P 03 IR ZHP
Talking well

i was 16 when i got my first bmw...BUT, that is a little deceiving...

see, it was my family's 1984 318i...im 21 and a senior in college now, but i drove that baby from sophomore-senior year in high school...still sitting in the garage at home, it's one of a kind in my heart:tongue:
bimmaboy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 10:20 AM   #327
CarFreak

My Ride: Audi A6 3.0T
23- bought myself.
My 1st BMW
Old 10-09-2003, 11:02 AM   #328
Zamorskii

My Ride: 1991 M5
Evidence,
gold words :thumup:
Old 10-09-2003, 11:04 AM   #329
m32
Got Jesus?

My Ride: 66, 88, 00, 01, 06
Send a message via AIM to m32 Send a message via MSN to m32
Quote:
Originally posted by Evidence
Well I'm 18 years old, and i dont have a BMW Yet.......
I'm a Pharmacy Technician and i work at Martin Luther King Hospital(for those of you who are from LA}.....ive been saving and am hoping to buy my bmw by the end of this year on my own

I just have a comment I have to make cause this just is really getting to me

To Everyone who had there parent get them a BMW for getting good grades, or Graduating High (I Just Graduated in june}and are acting like you desever a 30,000 car just because of this.....

I'd like to point out that:

Getting good grade is something your suppose to do regradless of the type of reward you are going to receive, Nobody owes you anything for doing something you should be doing in the first place

Graduating High School is something your suppose to do, dont act like "oh, i just graduated my parents owe me"

And those of you who are " I pay for all the mods myself"
I mean, are you proud of yourself that you are able to pay maybe 5,000 in mods tops?......i mean whats up with that, ok, so your parents drop 35,000$ and you drop 5,000......congrats[sarcasm]

There were a few more comments i saw that really got to me, but imma let most of then go

Oh, and for those of you who said "if your parents threw you the keys to a bmw, you wouldnt throw them back"

I dont know how many of you will agree on me with this, im gonna assume most of the older members will

My parents have offered to pay for the car of my choice(which was a 00 330} since i was a junior in highschool..... but I said no, instead i went and got me a job, 2 weeks after i turned 16 and bought myself a 1985 nissian 200 sx, which is that im driving now, senior year, went to a vocational school and got my technicians license and am now working as a Technician

I was not about to have my parents buy my car, and be able to hang that over my head
EX: I do something wrong and get grounded, they take away my car

Everything has a price.....Nothing is Truely Free......Buy working for something yourself, you now have something no one in the world can take away from you, because its yours and no ones elses......And besides that, you have the Right to be able to look at something you have worked hard for and say "this is mine" and have that sence of pride and accomplishment which i think is extremely meaningful

Just my 2 cents

I'd like to apologize to anyone who is humble about there things and took offence to anything i may have said
well put sir... hang in there... the BMW will come one day. But the truth is... it really is just a car...there are WAY more important things in life (ie family, friends, etc)
m32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 11:08 AM   #330
slkman99

My Ride: '02 BMW 325i ZPP
19....Of course, I'm making the payments all by myself. My aunt is an insurance agent so she's hooking me up w/ low insurance premiums.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:22 AM   #331
96TL
Italian Pimp

My Ride: ///M Power
18 years old - 1996 Acura 3.2TL. Financed for 5 years under my name with a crazy high interest rate. No help from parents ever, not even to co-sign the loan. I paid it myself for 3-1/2 years. I let my mom take it over when I leased the 330 since she needed a new car anyway. I always paid the insurance.

21 years old - 2004 330ci coupe. Leased for 3 years. Mom co-signed the lease for me. I pay the lease payments and the insurance (Insurance is $3600 per year alone!).

Next at 24 years old, M3 hopefully. Well, if my insurance gets cheaper.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:57 PM   #332
Drew

My Ride: 325CI/PY M3
20, 325 Ci E46 2001 Model

22, Yellow M3, 2003

All Self Buy
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:23 PM   #333
94cc0rd

My Ride: .
I totally agree with Evidence about the paying for the mods yourself part. If anyone has the balls to ask their parents to pay for their mods after they bought them the car should be taught a good lesson (and i'll leave it at that).

but for the graduating part, i might understand certain instances.
For instance, say the parents had a tough childhood and never graduated high school, but somehow became successful. I would then understand the parents being proud of their children graduating high school. Or if their child was the first in their family to graduate high school. but many of these instances are usually not the case.

but damn.. props to Evidence for turning down a 330 from his parents. Honestly, if my parents offered to buy me a car, even if it was a civic, i would accept it graciously. My parents can afford to buy me a new car right now (not sure about a $40k 330) but my dad tells me that i need to learn the importance of saving money and buying only what you need, although i am the stingiest (sp) person that i know.

well enough on this... for those who have been lucky enough to be born into a rich family, enjoy it, but don't forget where it all came from.
94cc0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:47 PM   #334
mpowerbmw2002

My Ride: 2002 330i
Send a message via AIM to mpowerbmw2002
Whats up guys nwe to the site. I have a 2002 330i with a sport package, xenons, nav, heated seats. Got it when I was 20, Lease it and pay for it myself.
mpowerbmw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:54 PM   #335
JoeyGoodfella

My Ride: 330i 03'
Send a message via AIM to JoeyGoodfella
Quote:
Originally posted by mpowerbmw2002
Whats up guys nwe to the site. I have a 2002 330i with a sport package, xenons, nav, heated seats. Got it when I was 20, Lease it and pay for it myself.
and what exactly do you do to get your cash flow from? If you don't mind me askin... just curio us.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:25 PM   #336
SDpnoy

My Ride: 330Ci and M3
Talking

24 - Bought my 330ci after buying a brand new house. Hard work does payoff.
SDpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:42 PM   #337
Concept
14.9@93 mph 1/4...Not bad!

My Ride: is faster than yours
Send a message via AIM to Concept Send a message via MSN to Concept Send a message via Yahoo to Concept
25- when I first bought my 330i
Old 10-11-2003, 04:37 PM   #338
alxsk8

My Ride: 2003, 325Ci
18... 325Ci new rims interior and tuned all up
Old 10-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #339
E46ElitistPrick
Never Follow.

My Ride: 2006 Honda Ridgeline
16 with a 3-yr old 1995 318is

then this year at 20:
1992 325i daily driver
sold both cars, bought a 2000 323Ci
traded in a month later for a STEAL on a 2001 M3

Im 21 right now writing this.. but be known, I'm living at home so I can afford the M3 payments so :finger: to the haters
Old 10-11-2003, 05:50 PM   #340

My Ride: '04 Or. Blue 330i
Quote:
Originally posted by E46ElitistPrick

Im 21 right now writing this.. but be known, I'm living at home so I can afford the M3 payments so :finger: to the haters
Wait... you're living at home so that you can afford your M3?

Or am I misunderstanding?