E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:21 AM   #121
m3dragon

My Ride: CSL M3 / 1M
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by dsifer
i was 24 and paid myself, but the real post should be who bought it on their own
That would eliminate about 1/2 of the people on this post
m3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 11:23 AM   #122
michelito

My Ride: 2003 325ci SP
at 27 - old Jetta GLI (yes, the first car that was "mine")
at 30 - new Jetta VR6 (stolen on the 3rd attempt )
at 33 - new 323i
now 36 - new 325ci

My father always said "BMWs are for men who earn a living", especially when my brother and I wanted to borrow his ride :sad:
He probably could have bought me a car when I was 16 (hey, I had good grades too! ), but instead just let me ride in an old station wagon (and sometimes his 3series) ... man, sometimes I still can't believe that I'm riding in my *own* BMW now ... and if you guys think your rides are expensive down in the US, try $49K+15% tax for a 325ci here in Canada, after paying 46% income taxes... if you think that a similar job here as in the US will get you a similar salary, but in CAN$...

Oh well, I still love Montreal above every other place I've been
so I'm staying right here
michelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 11:28 AM   #123
jafo

My Ride: Not a BMW
Let's see. Had to get married, get a house, buy property, get a divorce, sell property, sell house, get a condo, get married, get the M3, get another house, next -> get a X5 to compliment M3. What next? Well, I was 35 when I got the M and paying for it myself (with wife). No help from anyone. Worked hard to afford the things I now have in life. To the young people who were given the chance to own a BMW from their parents - more power to you guys. I don't begrudge others of what they got. The only thing that I get pissed at are those who have been given things in life and then turn around and act like they are better than everyone else. To all of those (not saying anyone here is like that), learn what it means to earn things for yourself. I don't treat people who make less than me any different than people who make the same or more than me.

Just my opinon, for what its worth.

JAFO
Old 05-02-2003, 11:34 AM   #124
BigRain
^_^

My Ride: 316i
26 - self paid

+ I supported all my expenses and tuitions since 2nd yr of U + my grad school.

'02 Ti Ag 4dr : 99% stock
BigRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:11 PM   #125
sanman10535

My Ride: 02 325I, sport TB
Send a message via Yahoo to sanman10535
18 when i got the bimmer, now 20yrs old. The strangest thing about me is that i'm black and when cops see me there like . "Better pull him over to see if its stolen" Pulled over 6 times within the last year for no apparent reason.
Old 05-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #126
TheFallen
Flying Low

My Ride: 03 SMG II
Send a message via AIM to TheFallen
someone PMed me and asked how i paid for my 330ci at 19.. he got a 3 page reply lol ..

of every job i had since i was 14 lol summer, and part time, and fast food, haha

for anyone who had it handed to them, more power to you, but when u whine to the board when your parents take it away for some dumb**** thing u do, you dont' deserve to drive at all, regardless of your grades
Old 05-02-2003, 12:30 PM   #127
He and his
name's PHIL

My Ride: is not my sig
Send a message via AIM to He and his Send a message via MSN to He and his
Quote:
Originally posted by sanman10535
18 when i got the bimmer, now 20yrs old. The strangest thing about me is that i'm black and when cops see me there like . "Better pull him over to see if its stolen" Pulled over 6 times within the last year for no apparent reason.
r u serious dude.......fukin racist P.I.G.S

Drive me biach
He and his is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:45 PM   #128
ReNNeN.CaRL
Team ReNNeN

My Ride: SOLD SOLD SOLD
Send a message via ICQ to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via AIM to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via MSN to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via Yahoo to ReNNeN.CaRL
Quote:
Originally posted by TheFallen
someone PMed me and asked how i paid for my 330ci at 19.. he got a 3 page reply lol ..

of every job i had since i was 14 lol summer, and part time, and fast food, haha

for anyone who had it handed to them, more power to you, but when u whine to the board when your parents take it away for some dumb**** thing u do, you dont' deserve to drive at all, regardless of your grades
Good job man!!
ReNNeN.CaRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:46 PM   #129
ReNNeN.CaRL
Team ReNNeN

My Ride: SOLD SOLD SOLD
Send a message via ICQ to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via AIM to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via MSN to ReNNeN.CaRL Send a message via Yahoo to ReNNeN.CaRL
Quote:
Originally posted by sanman10535
OMG!! That sux...
ReNNeN.CaRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:53 PM   #130
BMWMANIAC

My Ride: 2002 745i
Well what does it matter if you bought it yourself or not

I am 24 and i bought it myself. But some of you who brag about bying it yourself live rent free (parents left you a house, or still living with your MAMA)....rent cost $$$ So, it really doesnt matter.......One person could be making $25,000 and still drive an M3 cause he is not paying RENT.

And I forgot to mention my PARKING is $430 a month. I am paying $140 a month for a garage half a block from my apartment, and $290 for a garage in Manhattan.
BEAT THAT....( i know some of you are going to say TAKE A TRAIN AND GET AN M3, but I hate NYC subways.......)
BMWMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 12:56 PM   #131
phat///M3
Formerly know as phatbimma

My Ride: 03.5 ///M3 Coupe
I was 20 (Im 21 now) and paid for it myself, a friend of mine has a garage so that feeds my mod bug...All of my mods are bought in different countries where tax is lower (e.g. import stuff from belgium and not pay any tax at all )

A big up to everyone who has a BMW and that loves it, I love my ride Bimma s are the best...cant get enough of it....

Take care everyone Steve
H&R OEM Aero Kit JCW Chrome Mirrors 17" Split Rims Black Front grills & side grills Recaro child seat

- OEM CSL BABY -
phat///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:13 PM   #132
jcoop

My Ride: 03 M3 SMGll
My cars since age 18 have all been purchased/paid for by myself like jafo above things happen in life than can have a way of shifting your priorities..............stating @18 used 72 ford mustang, new 86 gmc s15 truck, new 87 honda crx si, new 89 honda crx si, new 90 honda accord coupe ex, new 90 300zx, new 91 300 zx twin turbo.........here comes life events............. used 78 280z, used 83 280zx, new 96 toyota tacoma ext cab sr5, new 97 acura integra gsr, new 99 honda accord v6 sedan, new 2001 acura tl type s sedan, (@age 35) new 2002 bmw 330i 5sp, sp, pp, bi,xen, hk up........................and the icing on the cake (@age36) my new sept 02 build 2003 M3 Coupe, CB&Cinn, PP, SMGll, Bi-Xen, HK Upgrade Hey I think the most important thing is do you really love cars or do you just drive a BMW because you think it makes you look cool or important......................as you can see I have had quite the variety of cars and love cars but plan on breaking my trend and keeping this one for a long time!!! And for those of you that did not have to go through 13 cars and 18 years after 18 to get to a BMW I hope you can truly appreciate that you truly are driving a remarkable automobile and can appreciate it as such
jcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:27 PM   #133
ACS02330i

My Ride: 2002 330i
i dont know how anyone that is still in school can afford a BMW

i know ppl that says that paid for it them self but their parents help them out with the down payment??

but they are getting $2000 for allowance per month so if they dont go to bubble tea or clubbing everyday they can pay for the monthly payment but its still your parents Money ... ??
ACS02330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #134
Jack_Smackus
Knight Rider

My Ride: 1993 BMW 320i
16 - 1987 535i (Hand me down)
22 - 1993 320i (Hand me down)
26 - 2001 330xi (IT Job)

Dream: Continue to afford BMW. Had some troubles so who knows right now. Starting family soon too.

Quote:
I also get pulled over ocasionally, since I got the windows tinted though no more hassles. Ironically, the tint is illegal 20%.

Real Programmers Don't Document - If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Jack_Smackus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 02:25 PM   #135
D.F.DUBB

My Ride: 330cic
Graduated from UCLA in 2000. Sold my 96 Accord and got a 01 325ci at 21. Sold the 325 after 6months and got my 330cic at 22. I get mad crazy stares in my convertible. I dont want to play the race card, but when cops see a young mexican guy driving a nice car here in Bakersfield they sweat 'em hard core. I got pulled over 5 times just to be asked to see registration. Its cool though, the last time i was rolln with the top down wearing black sunglasses and a wife beater. I must've tripped out the cop when I responded very calmly and intelligently to all his questions. I think he was wantn me to bugg out or somethin. Its all good though... oh yeah, im shootn for the e46 m3 before i turn 25 oh yea. bought em both omo

Last edited by D.F.DUBB; 05-02-2003 at 02:31 PM.
D.F.DUBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 02:36 PM   #136
m3dragon

My Ride: CSL M3 / 1M
Send a message via AIM to m3dragon
Quote:
Originally posted by BMWMANIAC
Well what does it matter if you bought it yourself or not

I am 24 and i bought it myself. But some of you who brag about bying it yourself live rent free (parents left you a house, or still living with your MAMA)....rent cost $$$ So, it really doesnt matter.......One person could be making $25,000 and still drive an M3 cause he is not paying RENT.

And I forgot to mention my PARKING is $430 a month. I am paying $140 a month for a garage half a block from my apartment, and $290 for a garage in Manhattan.
BEAT THAT....( i know some of you are going to say TAKE A TRAIN AND GET AN M3, but I hate NYC subways.......)
This post is just now turning into a whining post. Some people are fortunate to have parents that buy them anything they want. Good for them, which sucks for those who are not as fortunate but you, have to work with the hand you have been dealt. This of course now leads us into those who do not appreciate it as much as those who bought it themselves and what not. If your parents bought a BMW for you, then you are a lucky SOB. If you bought it yourself and pay for EVERYTHING yourself, than my hat is off to you.
m3dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:01 PM   #137
Bimmer150

My Ride: 2000 328i Steel Blue
Send a message via AIM to Bimmer150
How old were you when you got your first BMW?

16- Dads '88 535i
17- Moms Caddilac s/d '91
18-MY VERY OWN SUPRA TURBO '92 Bought and Paid For!!!
19-MY VERY OWN PATHFINDER '96 Bought and Paid For!!!
21-MY VERY OWN 328i ' 00*****Bought and Paid For!!!

2000 328i 5 Speed sp pp Xenons
Hamann Exhaust
Hamnn Front Sturt Bar
Dinan CF CAI
Dinan Stage1 2
H&R OEM Springs
Momo Shift Knob
Clears all around
RD Roof Spoiler
M3 Lip Spoiler
Bimmer150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #138
Jeremy152
No longer a worker bee!

My Ride: 2001 Ti AG 330i
all by my lonesome

2001 330i - 23 - Paid for it myself. :-)

--Accepting donations now--

Last edited by Jeremy152; 05-02-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Jeremy152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #139
Lucas
LinuxGeek

My Ride: 328CI
Send a message via ICQ to Lucas
27 - paid by mayself.

"Carputer" project progress meter [Completed]
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2003, 03:12 PM   #140
lixer

My Ride: 2003 TiSilver M3