E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2011, 05:41 PM   #1
cmpcpro

My Ride: 2000 Mercedes S430
Quick questions installing Dynavin

Hi all, two quick questions.. noticed people still take off the trim above the glove box but it looks like the piece by the stereo is seperate so can I just remove that? Also, are the vents really that hard to remove? I don't want to break them if I am doing something wrong.. Thanks!
cmpcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Darkoz

My Ride: E46 325Ci
Whatever you do don't take out that trim piece above the head unit, it's the only thing holding your dash together and the vents are far too hard to remove so don't even bother trying to take them out.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
TRBOVNM

My Ride: 04 330 CI/04 Cobra
Send a message via AIM to TRBOVNM
ROTFLMAO @ darkoz.

OP, who did you buy the unit from?
TRBOVNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #4
Darkoz

Silly boy bought it from Umnitza
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
cmpcpro

Wow thank you guys so much for those three informative posts..
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #6
Darkoz

You're welcome
Old 01-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
TRBOVNM

LOL, dude, I asked a question. You opted not to answer it. No need to respond like that.

But yeah, my response would be contact your dealer or search. Have you not seen all the other threads about the dynavin? Have you bothered opening any of them? If so, your questions would have already been answered. Based on the information on the first page of this forum in the dynavin threads, these questions come across similar to how do you pop your hood? How do you remove a wheel?

So, why not do a little reading?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM   #8
Darkoz

Come on TRBOVNM you can't expect the poor boy to use his eyes to figure these things out or to actually read anything
By the way TRBOVNM, i got a flat yesterday, have you got a link to a DIY on how to remove the wheel or do I have to pop the hood first, you got a link for that too??
Thanks in advance

Last edited by Darkoz; 01-07-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:34 PM   #9
TRBOVNM

Sorry I don't. I pay people to change my wheels. I don't like getting dirt under my nails.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:39 PM   #10
Darkoz

Yes I understand completely, you got a link for where I can get the wheel changed with detailed directions (preferably with pictures) on how to get there?

Last edited by Darkoz; 01-07-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Darkoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:45 PM   #11
TRBOVNM

Not sure, wiki maybe?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:47 PM   #12
Darkoz

wiki ?
does it involve any reading??
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #13
TRBOVNM

lol, dude, your killing me over hear. My wife is looking at me like I am crazy for laughing so hard at the internet.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #14
Darkoz

Nevermind, I think I figured it out but it mentions a Jack, I don't know anyone called Jack but I have a neighbour called Fred, can I use him?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
Darkoz

Thankya thankya very much, I'm here till next Thursday
Old 01-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #16
cmpcpro

Yes I have read them all, but doing the install myself I have noticed they left alot of things out.. So glad this post could be a source of youre enjoyment.. Glad you could have fun at what you thought was my expense but fortunately for me I don't really care either way.. I have done my share of auto repairs including a couple engine rebuilds, if you find it funny that I don't want to pull to hard on my vents and break something I don't have to break then all the more power to you.. but I have worked on other German cars where there are screws in the vents..
Old 01-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #17
cmpcpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRBOVNM View Post
LOL, dude, I asked a question. You opted not to answer it. No need to respond like that.

But yeah, my response would be contact your dealer or search. Have you not seen all the other threads about the dynavin? Have you bothered opening any of them? If so, your questions would have already been answered. Based on the information on the first page of this forum in the dynavin threads, these questions come across similar to how do you pop your hood? How do you remove a wheel?

So, why not do a little reading?
I've read almost all of them and they are very vague on many small sections of the install..
Old 01-07-2011, 11:41 PM   #18
Darkoz

Mate you haven't read a single thing judging from all the other numerous threads you started elsewhere today asking the most basic of questions, therefore I doubt you'd have the knowledge to do an oil change let alone an engine re-build.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #19
cmpcpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
Mate you haven't read a single thing judging from all the other numerous threads you started elsewhere today asking the most basic of questions, therefore I doubt you'd have the knowledge to do an oil change let alone an engine re-build.
Well you can think whatever you'd like.. Those posts skip alot of valuable information and when you're in the middle of an install you can't go back to every single one and read thru every post hoping you find what you need.. I can tell by your original posts you are either a jerk or just like to talk trash so I won't get into a pissing match, but I've changed oil more times then I'd like to have.. I've rebuilt a few Ford small blocks, nothing like these newer motors.. and I've lifted a couple trucks.. I am not claiming to be the worlds best mechanic but I get along.. this is my first BMW and I didn't feel like breaking things I didn't have to break.. thank you for being a jerk when I really needed you..
Old 01-07-2011, 11:57 PM   #20
Darkoz

You didn't need me or anyone else, what you needed was some common sense, there are some simple things that really need no explaining to work out for yourself once you start doing it.
Most others would have done a little research before receiving their Dynavin so when it comes time to install they are ready to go rather than being stuck on the very first step of "do I need to remove the dash trim?"
Anyway, I'll stop being a jerk now in case you get upset.