E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 10:07 PM   #121
auto180sx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lexvagas, KY
Posts: 549
My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
Hey guys, I'm going to be home for the weekend of Thunder, and was wondering if you guys want to get a meet together? Maybe that Friday the night before Thunder? Down at the Waterfront maybe, I know some of you guys will be camping out overnight to get good seats anyways!
__________________
Steel Blue FTMFW!!


OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186

Last edited by auto180sx; 03-17-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: GO CATS!!!
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 AM   #122
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
I'm trying to get some stuff together on the day of Thunder with friends, so I'm busy then, but if you are in town on the night before shoot me a PM when time gets closer and we can have a beer or two @ BDubs or something.

Anyone else interested?
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #123
K1rby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 159
My Ride: has no C pillars
I'm booked that weekend with family. Sorry.
__________________
sig courtesy of CSL323
K1rby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #124
NightRaider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: University of Kentucky
Posts: 1,315
My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
I'm too far away and she's still in the shop...
__________________
-Spencer

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #125
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Completely understand
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #126
auto180sx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Lexvagas, KY
Posts: 549
My Ride: '02 Steel Blue 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
I'm trying to get some stuff together on the day of Thunder with friends, so I'm busy then, but if you are in town on the night before shoot me a PM when time gets closer and we can have a beer or two @ BDubs or something.

Anyone else interested?
Sounds great, hopefully some more people will decide to go.
__________________
Steel Blue FTMFW!!


OKI BMW
BMW CCA Member #444186
auto180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #127
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Agreed!
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:57 PM   #128
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Is it wrong I'm starting to look at STIs? I've been focused on an M forever, but the allure of cheaper performance is getting to me =/
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 11:11 PM   #129
NightRaider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: University of Kentucky
Posts: 1,315
My Ride: 2007 Z4 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
Is it wrong I'm starting to look at STIs? I've been focused on an M forever, but the allure of cheaper performance is getting to me =/
STIs are sexy. I dont blame you.
__________________
-Spencer

NightRaider93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #130
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
My wife hates them so it may be no go. I personally think the Blue/gold rally look is awesome.

She did however hate BMWs for a long time too.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:46 PM   #131
ice2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 126
My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
Is it wrong I'm starting to look at STIs? I've been focused on an M forever, but the allure of cheaper performance is getting to me =/
Everything about them is good.......except for the looks lol.

I'm an idiot. I was thinking of the GTI.

Last edited by ice2003; 03-26-2011 at 11:11 AM.
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #132
ice2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 126
My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
Can someone with heated windshield nozzles ( I assume non heated would be the same ) snap some pics of them from both sides of the hood, as well as the tubing running to them? I'm trying to piece mine back together. Thanks!
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:04 AM   #133
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
I'm not gutsy enough to own a VW

My car has given me some serious headaches this weekend.

Alternator / battery took a sh1t on me. $331 down the tubes. Put it all back together and forgot to hook up the MAF sensor, so the car idled odd for a bit and threw a code. So I went back and checked and reconnected the MAF, disconnected the negative terminal for a few minutes and reconnected it. Car had the idle issue corrected for the most part, but the SES light is still on.

Also, when I sit at lights, the idle dips, but the car doesn't die. I'm going to check the ICV / DISA today along with the intake boots.

This doesn't even consider the $1k+ I need to spend to refresh my suspension. fuuuuuuuu

Honestly, I really am annoyed right now. I even brought up the idea to my wife on bailing on the E46 for the first time. However, I feel like I have put so much work into it, it'd be a disservice to bail on the car. I think I'm going to correct these issues and see how things look from there, but yesterday I sure didn't feel like that.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #134
ganicki
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: louisville
Posts: 93
My Ride: e46 325xi, e36 344ic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
I'm not gutsy enough to own a VW

My car has given me some serious headaches this weekend.

Alternator / battery took a sh1t on me. $331 down the tubes. Put it all back together and forgot to hook up the MAF sensor, so the car idled odd for a bit and threw a code. So I went back and checked and reconnected the MAF, disconnected the negative terminal for a few minutes and reconnected it. Car had the idle issue corrected for the most part, but the SES light is still on.

Also, when I sit at lights, the idle dips, but the car doesn't die. I'm going to check the ICV / DISA today along with the intake boots.

This doesn't even consider the $1k+ I need to spend to refresh my suspension. fuuuuuuuu

Honestly, I really am annoyed right now. I even brought up the idea to my wife on bailing on the E46 for the first time. However, I feel like I have put so much work into it, it'd be a disservice to bail on the car. I think I'm going to correct these issues and see how things look from there, but yesterday I sure didn't feel like that.
I've had those feelings before believe me -- then after its all washed & waxed and sitting in the sun looking all sexy i remember why I bought it--mines an 01 with 153K on it and I'm still happier than a pig in sh!t when a new part comes in to put on it. and believe me I have a load of stuff to do to it rt now--the car is 10 years old and the paint on it is amazing the interior has a little wear and tear nothing out of the norm-- and it still runs like a bat outta hell-- I love the all wheel drive too-- I guess what I'm getting at is I love the look of the car and thats what it boils down to--even when i'm driving the Lexus IS 250-- when a nice BMW goes by my eyes still wander----you've had a run of bad luck with the car as we all have had--but, if you where in a VW would your eyes still wander?
__________________
ganicki
2001 325xi
1994 344ic




if you don't believe go to: http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...cki/?start=all
ganicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #135
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Don't worry, no way I'm getting a VW outside of an Audi, but even then, I don't plan on getting an Audi because I don't want to take the front bumper off just to do certain maintenance.

Ironically, after posting all this stuff, it seems that my car has "corrected" itself. The SES light is off, and the idle has been corrected. The only thing now to fix is my front right turn signal, as the bulb keeps going out. Honestly, I'll take that over what I was dealing with.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #136
ice2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 126
My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CiJohn View Post
Don't worry, no way I'm getting a VW outside of an Audi, but even then, I don't plan on getting an Audi because I don't want to take the front bumper off just to do certain maintenance.

Ironically, after posting all this stuff, it seems that my car has "corrected" itself. The SES light is off, and the idle has been corrected. The only thing now to fix is my front right turn signal, as the bulb keeps going out. Honestly, I'll take that over what I was dealing with.

HAHA, at least your right, front turn signal works some off the time. I lost the socket housing in the wreck. I have the turn signal, but no way to plug it into the car. Know where I can get on of these? I'll have to splice it in.
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #137
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
Not sure, I'm gonna look around for a used one.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:47 PM   #138
srlehmkuhl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 182
My Ride: 2004 LSB M3 convert.
How many of ya'll are going to 4ngiefest this weekend?!
__________________
srlehmkuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:24 PM   #139
ice2003
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Louisville, Ky
Posts: 126
My Ride: 02 330ci ZSP,ZPP,ZCW
Quote:
Originally Posted by srlehmkuhl View Post
How many of ya'll are going to 4ngiefest this weekend?!
Where is the info about this!?

Edit: NVM, found it. Unfortunately can't make it!

Last edited by ice2003; 03-29-2011 at 11:34 PM.
ice2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #140
BimmerFerret
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cardinal Country, KY
Posts: 1,882
My Ride: 08 G37S, 07 Sky RL
Send a message via Skype™ to BimmerFerret
I will not unfortunately.
__________________
2008 Infiniti G37S - Big Brakes, Limited Slip, etc.
2007 Sky Redline
1998 Honda Civic EX Sedan


Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxlo View Post
Class of '03, yet you're still an idiot. Whats your point? Do you really think that you're somehow a god because you joined a site before someone else? ****ing nerd.
BimmerFerret is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use