E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
SUHLeen

My Ride: 2005 Saleen Mustang
Bad experience from Umnitza

I'm quite a bit irritated. Let me start with some bg info. My saleen is my track car and it has been in the shop. I drive it whenever I can though because its streetable. That leaves me with the 330 for a daily. The 330 was in the shop for about two weeks getting preventative maintenance done and the last parts of the suspension installed. I was happy to finally get it back.

Well start of the new year, I hit a racoon. Second time on the same road, except this time I had to get my car towed. Anyway, I'm furious. On 1/3 I call umnitza to order my bumper and I chose them because of the deal they had and because I wanted a new rear and they had the mtech ii rear. The guy I talked to promised me multiple times it would go out that week so I was happy about that. Well my insurance only pays for a rental car for a certain amount of time and my other car is in the shop, so I took the rental. Well I never got a tracking number from umnitza but I figured greyhound just didn't have any. The guy have me a number to call and a lady to ask for to get my shipment details. Well looks like I need a tracking number. I email them on Monday to see what it is so I can check if my bumpers are in, and they apologize for it not being sent out yet! They said I'd have the tracking by tomorrow (1/11) and that they would email it to me. I emailed them yesterday again asking for it because it was getting late and I still didn't have it...

So basically its been more than a week and my bumpers haven't shipped out yet. I went through umnitza to save a few dollars because I'm already in the hole and now because of this stupid situation I have to wait longer for my car. The shop isn't happy because my car is sitting there taking up space AND worst of all, I have to pay OUT OF POCKET to extend my rental since I have nothing to drive.

This happened last time with DDM tuning and that's why I didn't order from them. What the fvck is up with sellers and companies these days? When the economy is struggling and people are doing whatever they can to make a sale, great customer service should be a top priority. All umnitza wanted was my money from the sale. Never again will I order from them. I mean I ever ordered over the phone yo avoid any confusion and make sure my **** got sent out on time! WHAT THE FVCK?!?

- Phil
11 335is - TT 7 spd DCT daily :)
05 Saleen Mustang - forged, stroked, blown,... and on some juice
01 BMW 330ci - Totaled by some bish!
Financial Help
SUHLeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Phil,

I'm really sorry for the delay on your bumpers, but they definitely have shipped and should be there on Friday.
Your bumpers were definitely shipped out and packaged up the same day as your order, however the lady Pat as it turns out was on vacation for a week and the guy filling in for her was a bit...clueless.

We were there yesterday on your behalf and only just then discovered this.

Again, I'm sorry for your trouble and delay and we will certainly follow up with you once you receive the bumpers to make sure you got everything and are satisfied.

PS: also, check your email (sent before we saw this) so that you could get your trace number.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
SUHLeen

Well I still don't have my bumpers, and its Sunday. Greyhound runs 24/7... and the lady, pat, was on vacation for the week that ended yesterday. If you guys had in fact dropped it off to be shipped on the Tuesday now almost two weeks ago, then pat would have been working because she was not on vacation that week. You guys don't have to make up excuses for being slow on the shipping.

I'm not very happy right now... A little pissed off to be more exact. I should've had my car back a while ago. More money to spend on a rental too. Thanks

- Phil
Financial Help
Old 01-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
SUHLeen

Tuesday and nothing from Greyhound and now no response from Umnitza. Thanks guys, you did me a solid.

- Phil
Financial Help
Old 01-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
umnitza

Today is the first day back in the office and already we have a call into Pat and she's researching the location of the bumper.
As soon as we hear from her, you will be notified.
We are available by phone any time you want to give us a call to get a status but we are already actively tracking this issue for you.

EDIT:
Just got off the phone with Pat, 510 832 5082 - you can call her to verify...
The bumpers have been sitting there since Jan 15th based on Pat's tracing computer, they arrived on priority shipping as we expected. They just said they could not reach you by phone.

Please call: 614 228 2267 ask for Arlice at the Columbus OH station, it is available for pick up.

Last edited by umnitza; 01-18-2011 at 01:58 PM.
umnitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:24 AM   #6
SUHLeen

We got them today but I can assure you they were not there on the 15th. We went by on Sunday the 16th and they did not have them

- Phil
Financial Help
Old 02-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #7
SUHLeen

Fitment is not "like oem" either. One side sticks out further and there is a big gap between the body and the top of the bumper.

Thanks guys, for causing me to pay extra out of pocket for a rental, wait longer to get my car, and then not even have a quality product. I COULD HAVE BOUGHT AN OEM BUMPER AFTER ALL THIS HASSLE.

- Phil
Financial Help
Old 02-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #8
umnitza

Fitment really does depend on the quality of the shop doing the work. We've installed these bumpers on many local cars and our 'next door' body shop seems to never have any issues (we have 3 of them). Most shops will say they are reputable and most shops work on "high end cars" and have been doing it for years, but it comes down to who is the employee that they choose to do the work at that time.

What you describe sounds like the shop didn't do the best job. Did they pre-fit the bumper before painting? If they did, then they would have discovered this prior to paint and made the necessary changes and mods to improve fitment.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:21 PM   #9
SUHLeen

In your post, it said fitment was perfect and that you could not tell a difference between OEM and the rep bumper, so I did not tell them to prefit the bumper. I'm not that picky, and how one side sticks out doesn't bug me that much, but it is the fact that there is a gap, you can tell the bumper is not OEM because you can see the 'wavy-ness'.

I'll get pics later so you can see.

Oh and the shop has been in business for over 60 years. They are one of the biggest body shops in Columbus, so I highly doubt they had issues installing it. The have TV ads and radio ads, not like its a small back yard body shop.

- Phil
Financial Help

Last edited by SUHLeen; 02-08-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
SUHLeen

Well another great fact I discovered today.

When I got the car, it came back to me with the front plate adapter installed. I was quite angry as I never have them put the plate adapters on my bumpers. Well I never said anything to the body shop because I didn't feel like dealing with it. I needed a front plate so this gave me a reason to put one on. When I talked to the guy on the phone, he told me it is the same bumper that all the other retailers sell. Well that is not true. I previously had one from DDM tuning, and I asked if it is like theirs and he said exactly the same. Come to find out, the bumper comes with some type of pressed mold where the plate adapter "bolts" on to. Well that adapter fell off, and I lost my plate. Now I have a shitty looking front bumper. I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere about the front plate adapter being mandatory on the bumper. The adapter doesn't even really bolt on. I'll be getting pics, of both the front bumper and the rear bumper, so you guys can all see the **** quality products that Umnitza sold me. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for, I should've known. I will never buy there anymore and Ive been steering my friends clear of you guys.

- Phil
Financial Help
Old 04-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #11
SUHLeen

I just wanted to bump this up, since I keep seeing other people with bad experiences with Umnitza. Hopefully people will learn. May be too late now, but Umnitza really should have found better employees or done something by now with all these problems.

Still running their shitty front bumper (that they also told me they never once sold, so basically Santa sold me this bumper) but hopefully here as soon as the warm weather is good to stay I will be giving Modbargains my business.

- Phil
Financial Help