E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
alpine325coupe

My Ride: 2004 M3 SG/IR
Mr. Wheel Deal made me laugh, thought i'd share

I'm looking for Beyern Mesh rims for my 325ci. Checked a few sites and found Mr. Wheel Deal. He claims to be able to beat any price for wheels. I asked him to find me 19" Beyern Mesh in black. He offered me $1249 + $89 shipping. I wrote him back saying I found them for $1098 on another site. He them replied saying that the price I found is LOWER than what he would pay for them.

So this guy, whos business is finding wheel deals for people, can't find them for under $1100, and me, who scanned the internet for 5 mins, found a better deal.

Something to lol at

Anyone else have experiences with him?
alpine325coupe is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
browniesong

My Ride: a car
hahahaha
wow what a fail lol
browniesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
socalbeast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Yeah, I found tons of parts for cheaper prices at different sites- I found springs for $85 less then the next cheapest seller. Just search and you will find a deal. Can you pm me where you found the rims at that price?
socalbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #4
BoogetyBoogety

My Ride: 2010 SL550
You do understand, don't you, that "we will beat/match any deal" really means, "we will cheat/overcharge you, unless you catch us at it..."
BoogetyBoogety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:13 AM   #5
Scott87

My Ride: 325ci 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogetyBoogety View Post
You do understand, don't you, that "we will beat/match any deal" really means, "we will cheat/overcharge you, unless you catch us at it..."
This
Scott87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:31 AM   #6
alpine325coupe

Just got an email from Mr. Wheel Deal saying he saw my post. He said that he does not have a good relationship with the Beyern brand and therefore was not able to find a highly competitive price. He seemed genuine and I'd like to apologize for bashing him. Just want everyone to know that they should do their own research before trusting anyone to find the best price. I'm going to try to ask him to find a few other brands to see what he comes up with. Will update with my future experiences.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
BoogetyBoogety

You are to be commended for your last post, but in no way were you bashing a gentleman or a company making a claim that it can't back up. Ultimately, it's caveat emptor, you must always, as the consumer, make the ultimate due-diligence when it comes to your hard-earned money, and which vendor will earn it. Not everyone does...

Anytime I see the trite "we'll beat any price" BS, that's one company I'm quite leery of patronizing. Especially one that doesn't honor their pledge without any reservations (and not one that would say, "yeah, I'll beat or meet any price, except when I take a loss"). As a retailer, I'd rather have taken the loss on that one sale (and kept my integrity intact) than have someone point out the obvious to the world: You can not stay in business as a lowest-price vendor. Your business model should be predicated on service and value, never on price.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #8
vinyltek323i

My Ride: 323i
Hey OP. Youre an ass! So what if he cant get a deal on those wheels. Thats great that you found the wheels cheaper elsewhere, but you shouldnt slam Mr. Wheel Deal. I am a business owner doing vinyl graphics and I would hate to talk to a customer like you.
EASY

Peter

Pete
vinyltek323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
nathancarter

My Ride: 02 330i
Oh boy, here we go.
I don't need evidence, I just know.
nathancarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #10
wat3rbug

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325 xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyltek323i View Post
Hey OP. Youre an ass! So what if he cant get a deal on those wheels. Thats great that you found the wheels cheaper elsewhere, but you shouldnt slam Mr. Wheel Deal. I am a business owner doing vinyl graphics and I would hate to talk to a customer like you.
EASY

Peter

Oh wait I remember you bashing a body shop in another thread without any kind of insight on how that business is ran and mechanics in general. Don't hate on the OP calling out the obvious misrepresentation. He wasn't thrashing the business just informing folks. Furthermore he was a stand up guy for making a retraction because the business owner called to explain why he couldn't do it.

You might want to rethink how you respond to folks if you're trying to run a vinyl graphics business that they might want. Because you've made it known that you're in business it is piss poor behavior to be name calling future customers as they will remember the insult. Just sayin...

/flamesuit on
Old 01-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #11
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
OP, here

http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthr...621&highlight=
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #12
browniesong

My Ride: a car
Quote:
Originally Posted by wat3rbug View Post

Oh wait I remember you bashing a body shop in another thread without any kind of insight on how that business is ran and mechanics in general. Don't hate on the OP calling out the obvious misrepresentation. He wasn't thrashing the business just informing folks. Furthermore he was a stand up guy for making a retraction because the business owner called to explain why he couldn't do it.

You might want to rethink how you respond to folks if you're trying to run a vinyl graphics business that they might want. Because you've made it known that you're in business it is piss poor behavior to be name calling future customers as they will remember the insult. Just sayin...

/flamesuit on
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! omg i love dumbasses who comment on posts telling people not to do something that they do... hypocrites are the best hahaha
browniesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:05 PM   #13
juanmurillo

My Ride: Bavarian Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowskateskate View Post
OH...and you didn't knock on wood.....you're in for a world of sh*t. Better be prepared to bust out the mastercard and bend over in front of a mechanic.
juanmurillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 PM   #14
ThE GrEAt OnE

My Ride: has a 3 pointed star
they dont have bbs wheels? lame, they've lost my business

ThE GrEAt OnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:38 PM   #15
M1992

My Ride: 02' E46 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesong View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! omg i love dumbasses who comment on posts telling people not to do something that they do... hypocrites are the best hahaha
Woah buddy watch your language, I dont wanna see you get banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captjones
my dad used to pat me on the head when i had very short hair & said:
"son, u'd make a fine toilet brush"
M1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #16
Kubica

My Ride: 2003 325xi
Tell him you don't care what he pays for them- either he backs up his statement and takes a loss or you continue to bash him on the interweb.
Kubica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #17
vinyltek323i

My Ride: 323i
Ive never bashed any body shop through this forum. Thank you.
Let me put it this way - just because the vinyl guy down the street can wrap a 22' truck for less than me doesnt mean im ripping people off.
It all depends on the customer, competition, suppliers, etc.

Run a business for a few years or ask.

Perhaps it would be better to resolve any dispute with a supplier before posting your complaints on this forum.
If youre under 20 years old .....you really dont know anything about anything.

Pete
vinyltek323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #18
beeotch

My Ride: riced out M3
Its really not that hard to understand "able to beat any price for wheels". If they cant do it, why claim it? If a competitor does vinyl wrap a truck less than you do then your clearly ripping them off lmao. If you claim that you do a better job then they do and prove it then thats another story. And it IS a good idea to post these kinds of things of forums. Without us you are nothing(customers). So be good to us.

Last edited by beeotch; 01-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.
beeotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
BoogetyBoogety

Quote:
Let me put it this way - just because the vinyl guy down the street can wrap a 22' truck for less than me doesnt mean im ripping people off.
It all depends on the customer, competition, suppliers, etc.
There's quite a difference between what you do and a specific item (or set) for sale. So, no, apples and oranges, you can't compare a service and a product on pricing.

Quote:
Perhaps it would be better to resolve any dispute with a supplier before posting your complaints on this forum.
If youre under 20 years old .....you really dont know anything about anything.
But as a retailer... you need to work on your people skills...
Old 01-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #20
alpine325coupe

I tried to resolve the dispute. I responded to the retailers offer by telling him that I can get them cheaper elsewhere. I even provided a link so he could see for himself. And yea, I'm 19 and don't know much about anything, but I am smart enough to do a little bit of research before making a purchase. Just telling everyone to do the same

Tags
mr wheel deal, rims, wheels