E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
josephm

My Ride: 2000 bmw 328i
Looking for a M3 Replica Bumper for my Pre-Facelift E46 Sedan

Hey guys,

I have a 2000 328i sedan and was in the market for a M3 Replica Bumper. I know that many many many people probably posted with this same question but, unfortunately, the search feature on the site is less than optimal. I've been searching for 4 hours so far without much useful information. Again, I know this question may be repetitive but it would save me a ton of time and I'd really really appreciate your help.

My primary concerns are: fitment and cost. I've heard that Euro-Spec, Umnitza, and Modbargains have good bumpers but will they be direct replacements? I just don't want to get stuck with a bumper that's essentially glued onto my front end.

I'd love your feedback, especially from those of you that have m3 replica bumpers on pre-facelift sedans. Thanks for all your help guys.

Best,

Joe
josephm is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
ix3mybmw

My Ride: Orient Blue 330i
all aftermarket parts aren't going to fit perfectly. they're gonna need some modification.
ix3mybmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:05 PM   #3
josephm

Some modification, I can live with. I just don't want a bumper that's being held on with glue. From my understanding, the sedan is a bit narrower than the coupe and I keep seeing these companies selling the same bumper for both which simply baffles me. From all of your experiences, what is the BEST fit for a pre-facelift sedan while also taking into consideration cost?
Old 01-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
zeroyon

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Good question, I want to know this too.
zeroyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #5
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
You didn't search. Don't lie. Now go back and search.
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
josephm

Don't tell me what I did or didn't do... I did do a search but there is nothing out there that I've seen regarding fitment on a pre-facelift sedan.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
Evap

My Ride: rubs tires
Why don't you look at reviews on sites? They're pretty helpful, at least to me. I'm planning on picking up my m3 rep from JleviSW, but that's just because I like their site and customer service. Always make sure to do a test fitment on the bumper as soon as you receive it, too. If it's too off, you should talk to the company and have them correct the issue.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM   #8
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
We offer the lowest overall priced bumper shipped with all the parts you will need to make it work (unless you need new brackets, in which case that will come from the dealer).

Most all of these bumpers are the same, we've got a long track record of lots of bumpers installed, just search for "umnitza + bumper"
Old 01-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
thefrog1394

My Ride: e46- 1999 323i
All the m3 replica bumpers are pretty much the same. I think they make the bumper somewhere in between the sedan and coupe size so that it fits both? Fitment isn't great, and is, as you say, "pretty much glued on there. Although you can put some screws into the reenforcement bracket from the bottom where its not visible. They do have the brackets on the side so it's not ONLY glue.

Now on the upside, I paid around $130 I believe? at DDM tuning. You can't really beat that price. Now I got a good deal on the paint as well from a local guy in SoCal, so it ended up being less than $300 for everything which is pretty hard to beat. (Search "For those who ask me about my paint jobs" or something like that to find the guy's thread on here if you are in the SoCal area). If I was paying more for paint I may have considered paying more for the bumper as well, but with the cheap price for both I couldn't beat it.

Oh and it looks great I think. Not perfect, but compared to the bumper on the car previously (all rock chipped up and granda-looking 1999 323i style) its not even a comparison. I'd make the same decision over again. But if you are anal about everything being absolutely perfect on your car then I wouldn't get a replica bumper.

Photo in Cleveland, Ohio
1999 323i - 210,000 miles and counting.
Rear Wheel Bearing Tool (SitTools B90) Rental, ~$60
thefrog1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #10
Jahnnie

My Ride: 2001 325xi
i just ordered mine for my sedan from ddmtuning. its going on once my taxes get back
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #11
jayx2

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephm View Post
Don't tell me what I did or didn't do... I did do a search but there is nothing out there that I've seen regarding fitment on a pre-facelift sedan.
woo someone is tight

trick trizzle is right thou if you actually looked/just search or clicked a sticky
you would have had your anwsers, bust looking through threads is a challenge for people these days

Big Gulps Aye? ... Welp See Ya Lata

www.eemilitia.com
jayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #12
TrickTizzle

My Ride: 325i
Send a message via AIM to TrickTizzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephm View Post
You mad I caught your lie?
TrickTizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
bigjae1976

My Ride: A car
Send a message via MSN to bigjae1976
If really searched...you'd find the answer. These bumpers will give you a 90% fitment. The other 10% just takes effort and some expertise.

I got my bumper from Euro Spec. My biggest complaint was the fender well liners didn't necessarily fit to well so they would pop out along the wheel arch.

The reason I went back to an MtechII was the sides on EVERY M3 bumper (at least the ones I've seen) that line up with the front fender have a weird bulge. I didn't like it. Search Euro Spec and M3 bumper. You'll find it.
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #14
328isawesome

My Ride: Batmobile
Question to the Umnitza Rep. I was looking at the bumper on your website and could not see a shipping price, does this mean that because they ship greyhound the rate is flat and is already included in the price? Thanks in advance for the reply.
328isawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #15
Gheybe

My Ride: C6 Z06
hahahaa you fuccking serious?
Gheybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
328isawesome

Go look for yourself Gay-be.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #17
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328isawesome View Post
Question to the Umnitza Rep. I was looking at the bumper on your website and could not see a shipping price, does this mean that because they ship greyhound the rate is flat and is already included in the price? Thanks in advance for the reply.
No.
Shipping is calculated on the site, flat rate, when you check out.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #18
328isawesome

Sneaky.

Tags
m3 replica bumper, prefacelift, sedan