E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Money Matters

Money Matters
Financial, Stock, Investment etc. posts here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
Shaban

My Ride: 2005 CBR600
IntelliPharmaCeutics International Inc. (IPCI)

"This Undiscovered low float Play awaiting 4 approvals .Cash burn is very low means they will profitable very soon .

A new big Partnership coming any day now .This is a real Goldmine.

I think $15++ is very realistic for 2011 .GL

Intellipharmaceutics (IPCI)

Market Cap: 31 M
Price: $2.85

Shares Out: 10.9 M ...( 6 M Shares held by CEO)

Monster Pipeline
http://www.intellipharmaceutics.com/pipe...

Intellipharmaceutics Submits 4th ANDA in 12 Months
http://www.pitchengine.com/proactivenews...

Great Article ..A must READ
http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/94668/20...

Another great Article
http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/643007..."

Lots of reviews are saying this is a strong buy, what are your thoughts?

I bought a few shares in this and in IVD (breakout real soon)
Shaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #2
Shaban

http://www.barchart.com/opinions/stocks/IPCI
Old 01-14-2011, 06:54 AM   #3
Wraisil

My Ride: 2010 Infiniti G37
I don't touch bio stocks. They either pop or drop and it's all on rumor or news. Technicals mean nothing on them (relatively) and fundamentals change unpredictably.
Wraisil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #4
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Nice call. Up 15 percent today.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #5
Shaban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
Nice call. Up 15 percent today.
yup, hitting new highs today
Old 01-18-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Shaban

Still going up

new all time high today

Last edited by Shaban; 01-18-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:54 AM   #7
Shaban

Not too late to still get in this, still moving up!!! up 13.5%

Last edited by Shaban; 01-19-2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
Shaban

Closed UP 18%
just broke $6/share
Old 01-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #9
Wraisil

The last news release for this was before xmas. It's doubled on no news or even rumors reported by any major news source for financial information. Can we stop getting multiple updates per day on an apparent pump and dump?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
Shaban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraisil View Post
The last news release for this was before xmas. It's doubled on no news or even rumors reported by any major news source for financial information. Can we stop getting multiple updates per day on an apparent pump and dump?
No news or rumors?
It's waiting on 4 FDA drug approvals... clearly not a p&d.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #11
Wraisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaban View Post
No news or rumors?
It's waiting on 4 FDA drug approvals... clearly not a p&d.
Waiting on FDA approval, seems like I've heard that before...

Oh wait, that's because that same logic is used to lure people into pump and dump bio-stocks all the time. Here's a link to a post of mine about another one of these that was "waiting on FDA approval (my username there is jlcnuke, just like on steam or xboxlive and many other sites). FTR, that one is currently back at $0.16

http://www.onlinetradersforum.com/sh...615#post530615

Waiting on approval from the FDA means jack fundamentally but it's really good at luring people in to a stock that can have it's price raised significantly by one or two people. This entire thread mimics the one I'm linking with the exception of length and number of people participating...
Old 01-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #12
Shaban

Quote:
Waiting on FDA approval, seems like I've heard that before...

Oh wait, that's because that same logic is used to lure people into pump and dump bio-stocks all the time. Here's a link to a post of mine about another one of these that was "waiting on FDA approval (my username there is jlcnuke, just like on steam or xboxlive and many other sites). FTR, that one is currently back at $0.16

http://www.onlinetradersforum.com/sh...615#post530615

Waiting on approval from the FDA means jack fundamentally but it's really good at luring people in to a stock that can have it's price raised significantly by one or two people. This entire thread mimics the one I'm linking with the exception of length and number of people participating...
Thanks for your input/advice, but I'm going to ride it out see what happens and hope for the best.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #13
Wraisil

Quote:
Thanks for your input/advice, but I'm going to ride it out see what happens and hope for the best.
That's your choice and I wish you luck with it. I do hope if it does get high enough to double your money that you'll take your initial investment out so you can't lose anything though, just as a cautionary measure. Sure you'll make half as much that way (if it does double and continue to go up) but at least you'll be risking nothing. This is of course assuming that your investment in this one is a sum of money you wouldn't mind placing on a roulette table in Vegas.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
Shaban

Quote:
That's your choice and I wish you luck with it. I do hope if it does get high enough to double your money that you'll take your initial investment out so you can't lose anything though, just as a cautionary measure. Sure you'll make half as much that way (if it does double and continue to go up) but at least you'll be risking nothing. This is of course assuming that your investment in this one is a sum of money you wouldn't mind placing on a roulette table in Vegas.
Coming to you again, teach me please, I've seen this happen with a few stocks. They will be steady at a set price let's say... 0.70, then every day the stock will go down maybe 0.10-0.15 making it worth 0.55-0.60, then a few minutes before closing it goes back to 0.70. I don't get why that happens and it has happened for a few days straight with a company I invested in (IVD), but then today it went up 23%, closing at 0.95 and after hours pushed it up to $1.00...

As I have stated before, I am new to the stock market, and I know penny stocks aren't what you guys do. I just want to start small until I get how things work and then move on to the bigger things.
TIA
Old 01-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
Raymond42262

My Ride: Is German
Quote:
Coming to you again, teach me please, I've seen this happen with a few stocks. They will be steady at a set price let's say... 0.70, then every day the stock will go down maybe 0.10-0.15 making it worth 0.55-0.60, then a few minutes before closing it goes back to 0.70. I don't get why that happens and it has happened for a few days straight with a company I invested in (IVD), but then today it went up 23%, closing at 0.95 and after hours pushed it up to $1.00...

As I have stated before, I am new to the stock market, and I know penny stocks aren't what you guys do. I just want to start small until I get how things work and then move on to the bigger things.
TIA
A stock moves up and down all day long and it is based on supply and demand. Every time a sale is made, a seller is convinced it is the right time to sell and you have a buyer that is convinced that it is the perfect time to buy. And they are both right for their circumstances.

The problem with IVD is that it is a penny stock. It only has 23M shares outstanding and 92 percent are held by insiders or institutions. That means that only 8 percent or roughly 1.7 million shares are available in the open market. This creates a situation where wild price fluctuations may exist.

Compare this to the MSFT link I posted. They have hundreds of millions of shares outstanding and they are held by millions of people around the world. Not so for IVD.

The average volume for IVD is 30k shares traded a day. On Friday, 170k were traded. There are a number of reasons why this may have occurred but you would have to research it. It could even be recent interest from daytraders or just a 'pump and dump' scheme that management is not even aware of.

Something else to know is that generally speaking, there is greater volume traded during the first 20,30 minutes of the day and during the last 20,30 minutes of the day. There are always spikes in trading , but there are greater activities during these times. Traders are making buys for people that request them from the day prior and they are making trades for institutions and people that want to settle their positions and make last minute decisions to buy.

Another reason that a stock may move frm .55 to .70 so quickly is because of the 'spread'. A thinly traded stock may have a greater spread on the buy and sell (bid and asked) because there are fewer shares floated. There are fewer shares available for sale so they can get the price they are asking. Look at it this way....if you want a new 2011 Camaro, they might be 50 on a large Chevy lot. You can expect a discount from the sticker price. But the sales price is predictable and all of the sales prices will probably be similar. But if you want a Red 1969 SS Camaro, there might be one in the whole city and you might have to pay what the the seller wants because it is the only one available. The fair market value for the car might be 30k, but if the seller is asking 35k and it is the only one in town, that is what you will have to pay if you want it. And that skews the market price for Camaros just like it does for thinly traded stocks.

But if you want some shares of MSFT, there are millions of buyers and sellers at any given moment and the spread between the bid and asked is much smaller than what you find in penny stocks. Make sense ?

Check out the links and read as much as you can. It's a lot of fun to learn about.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=MSFT...l&q=l&p=&a=&c=

http://www.investopedia.com/

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ivd&ql=1

Last edited by Raymond42262; 01-21-2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: typo
Raymond42262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:48 AM   #16
Shaban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond42262 View Post
A stock moves up and down all day long and it is based on supply and demand. Every time a sale is made, a seller is convinced it is the right time to sell and you have a buyer that is convinced that it is the perfect time to buy. And they are both right for their circumstances.

The problem with IVD is that it is a penny stock. It only has 23M shares outstanding and 92 percent are held by insiders or institutions. That means that only 8 percent or roughly 1.7 million shares are available in the open market. This creates a situation where wild price fluctuations may exist.

Compare this to the MSFT link I posted. They have hundreds of millions of shares outstanding and they are held by millions of people around the world. Not so for IVD.

The average volume for IVD is 30k shares traded a day. On Friday, 170k were traded. There are a number of reasons why this may have occurred but you would have to research it. It could even be recent interest from daytraders or just a 'pump and dump' scheme that management is not even aware of.

Something else to know is that generally speaking, there is greater volume traded during the first 20,30 minutes of the day and during the last 20,30 minutes of the day. There are always spikes in trading , but there are greater activities during these times. Traders are making buys for people that request them from the day prior and they are making trades for institutions and people that want to settle their positions and make last minute decisions to buy.

Another reason that a stock may move frm .55 to .70 so quickly is because of the 'spread'. A thinly traded stock may have a greater spread on the buy and sell (bid and asked) because there are fewer shares floated. There are fewer shares available for sale so they can get the price they are asking. Look at it this way....if you want a new 2011 Camaro, they might be 50 on a large Chevy lot. You can expect a discount from the sticker price. But the sales price is predictable and all of the sales prices will probably be similar. But if you want a Red 1969 SS Camaro, there might be one in the whole city and you might have to pay what the the seller wants because it is the only one available. The fair market value for the car might be 30k, but if the seller is asking 35k and it is the only one in town, that is what you will have to pay if you want it. And that skews the market price for Camaros just like it does for thinly traded stocks.

But if you want some shares of MSFT, there are millions of buyers and sellers at any given moment and the spread between the bid and asked is much smaller than what you find in penny stocks. Make sense ?

Check out the links and read as much as you can. It's a lot of fun to learn about.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ta?s=MSFT...l&q=l&p=&a=&c=

http://www.investopedia.com/

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ivd&ql=1
Great post, thanks for the info!
Old 01-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #17
Shaban

Just to update everyone on this stock:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Intell....html?x=0&.v=1
http://seekingalpha.com/article/2478...s?source=yahoo
http://www.smallcapnetwork.com/Share.../mid/5/id/155/
Old 01-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #18
Shaban

Quote:

TIA
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/IVAX-D....html?x=0&.v=1 FDA Approval
Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #19
Shaban

I don't know if anyone keeps up with penny stocks, and if you don't then this doesn't matter to you. Ivax Diagnostics (IVD) received FDA approval last week, had a pullback and waiting on news to go back up. Up 8% today, lots of buying, not much selling. Over 17MM in revenue, this stock should go up very soon!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:17 AM   #20
sjbraunlich

My Ride: 2006 F150
Shaban are you still holding onto IVD? What do you see it reaching?
sjbraunlich is offline   Reply With Quote