E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
eurorush86

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Might be returning my car to the dealer because the previous owner was a dealer....

so I'm in the middle of changing out my LEDs in all the lights in the car, took the panel down with the sun roof switches in it, Undisclosed paraphernalia fell from the head liner. Now in a big dispute with the dealer, who might buy back the car or trade for a different one. I'm mad about the thousands i have dumped into the car. so i guess... I'm looking for a new car. what should i get for 10-20k? I was offered an S4. I was thinking: Rx8, R32, 330i, GTI, or Mini S.

We will see what happens. This dealer is a pita, always has been, prob will try anything to get out of this....

Rokkor Coilovers-All Meyle HD Under the Car-Hotchkis Sways
Angel Eyes- Smoked lights-18" wheels with Falken Tires
Shaved Trunk-Tint-Exhaust/Intake-Europlate
Sparco + Suede Interior- Heavy Foot...
eurorush86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
Broach><330

My Ride: 330CI -E30 325 (S52)
haha if they offer an S4 Iwould not turn it down they are pretty slick rides my man. But sorry to hear about your car.
Broach><330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Now this is a story you don't hear every day!! What kind of crap was hidden in there?
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
eurorush86

The reason I want to return it rather than let it go is, if i was ever in an accident and it looked like it was snowing, or i just mowed my lawn into my car, i dont want to go to jail. (that should give you a clue lol) The only problem with an s4 is $$$, i had an a4 and was always replacing axles, control arms, exhaust...and now your throwing two turbos in the the mess? lol I would love to have an s4 but the cash needed to maintain them actually makes me feel better about the **** i have to pay for a beamer lol!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:15 AM   #5
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
i once road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos
Old 01-25-2011, 11:16 AM   #6
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
but srsly, any of those cars is a huge step up from a 323
Old 01-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #7
tcphoto

My Ride: '01 325Cic TiAg
Can you be more specific? There are a lot of options with a budget of $10-20K. Besides, if you take off a couple more body panels your budget might grow BTW, do you use hydroponic lights in your garage?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
kcult

My Ride: 99 323i, 99 328i
Would the "car" dealer have any obligation to do anything? I'm curious why he would care outside of losing a potential repeat customer.
kcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
alwaysbored786

My Ride: Noble|M3|XJ
you found coke in your headliner?

*NO F-BOMBS IN SIGS*
How to refinish rims
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldintake View Post
I am proposing opening up a Paypal fund for OP. The funds will directly be used in purchasing a farm so that OP can grow some balls.
alwaysbored786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
welcher330xi

My Ride: 2001 330xi
Get a m3!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attaus View Post
Twice as much profit? Yeah, maybe in Canadian dollars.
welcher330xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:09 PM   #11
Broach><330

My Ride: 330CI -E30 325 (S52)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurorush86 View Post
The reason I want to return it rather than let it go is, if i was ever in an accident and it looked like it was snowing, or i just mowed my lawn into my car, i dont want to go to jail. (that should give you a clue lol) The only problem with an s4 is $$$, i had an a4 and was always replacing axles, control arms, exhaust...and now your throwing two turbos in the the mess? lol I would love to have an s4 but the cash needed to maintain them actually makes me feel better about the **** i have to pay for a beamer lol!
haha yeah you're right man, that was the only thing that kept me from getting an M3 vs my 330 was insurance and maintainence
Broach><330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #12
Lemonsqr

My Ride: 2001 TiAg 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcult View Post
Would the "car" dealer have any obligation to do anything? I'm curious why he would care outside of losing a potential repeat customer.
^This. Its only "undisclosed" if the car dealer knew about it. If i were the car dealer, the only reason I would even entertain buying back the car or letting you trade is for your potential future business. He really is under no legal obligation to even talk to you......
Lemonsqr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #13
destroyeerr

My Ride: e46 ///M3 6spd
m3 for 20k
destroyeerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #14
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
i once road in my buddies with 350hp and he switched highways at wot scared tge piss out of me felt as fast other bodies 500hp supra awesome car they are rare hopefully they will bring them back rx8s r ok but I don't like tge rear doors and odd shape and lackbof turbos
bahahhaha i was waiting for this as soon as i seen rx8 in op's post
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #15
cmpcpro

My Ride: 2000 Mercedes S430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonsqr View Post
^This. Its only "undisclosed" if the car dealer knew about it. If i were the car dealer, the only reason I would even entertain buying back the car or letting you trade is for your potential future business. He really is under no legal obligation to even talk to you......
If this happened out here the way these dealers are they would tell you to shove it.. I am surprised the dealer doesn't just pay to have the car inspected.. maybe you could turn the drugs you found into the local police and explain what happened they can get the previous owner's information and maybe they will let you use the drug sniffing dog to check the rest of you're car..?
cmpcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:19 PM   #16
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
OrientBlau says: Take a freeze...
Old 01-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #17
MachRc
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 2003 Technik S1 M3
I doubt it was any cocaine, no coke head will let any amount of cocaine sit somewhere without having plans to sniff it later.

I bet it was marijuna, I bet some guy smoked so much and stashed his baggies and totally forgot about it.

"We've come a long long way together, through the hard times and the good. I have to celebrate you baby, I have to praise you like I should...
I have to praise you like I should.."
MachRc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #18
G-Hots

My Ride: ///M3 & 328ci & X3
Send a message via AIM to G-Hots Send a message via MSN to G-Hots
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcpro View Post
If this happened out here the way these dealers are they would tell you to shove it.. I am surprised the dealer doesn't just pay to have the car inspected.. maybe you could turn the drugs you found into the local police and explain what happened they can get the previous owner's information and maybe they will let you use the drug sniffing dog to check the rest of you're car..?
dude wtf u guys talking about? strip the car, take the drugs, sell the drugs, keep the car. as simple as it gets
G-Hots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #19
01330cifirstbmw

My Ride: 2001 330ci
he must have been a crappy dealer if he's rolling in a 323...just saying
Old 01-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #20
eurorush86

Dealer went to jail. My car dealer bought the car. The searched the car and "didn't find anything." I don't want anything to do with the drugs in the car, nor look for anymore. I need to change my door regulator and afraid to pop the door panel off lol. I just think that if I can bring the car back, start over with a car with lower miles and more factory hp. 323 is a great car for what I need. Its not super fast but it does do 140. I also drive 30mi to work so getting 26mpg even with a heavy foot is nice =D. Nothing has been decided yet. Most likely.. I'll be enjoying my bmw for years to come.

Tags
330i, dealer, new car, r32, rx8