E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM   #41
sea6speed

My Ride: 2011 135i 6MT
East coast thread. West coast, who cares?
Old 01-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #42
Charmander

My Ride: 04 325i
so bring it to the police station, explain to them the deal and have a dog sniff it.
Charmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:13 AM   #43
KILLAJON

My Ride: 2004 bmw 325ci
stop being a pusc and keep it
KILLAJON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:06 AM   #44
kcult

My Ride: 99 323i, 04 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonshmoe View Post
The day after my mom got her 540I, we found condoms(loads!!!) and this it the car
And you say she only had the car one day?
kcult is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 AM   #45
sgplayer69

My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
still wondering what you found
Old 01-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #46
eurorush86

My Ride: 2000 BMW 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare5336 View Post
Your 323 went 140+

.......Did you take any of those drugs by an chance.
I've done 140 yes, that is what my car is electronically limited to. Its not that hard really. Everyone hates on the 323i but all i need to do is 70 down i19fl and it weaves through traffic just fine. If i was on a track... well duh i would run a 330i/m3.... since i dont need to do 160mph on the streets, Ill stick with my great insurance, good fuel mileage, and a car that looks just like yours with a different engine.

Rokkor Coilovers-All Meyle HD Under the Car-Hotchkis Sways
Angel Eyes- Smoked lights-18" wheels with Falken Tires
Shaved Trunk-Tint-Exhaust/Intake-Europlate
Sparco + Suede Interior- Heavy Foot...
eurorush86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #47
eurorush86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
still wondering what you found
Two bags of pot, one small bag of coke.. so far. waiting on k9 unit.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:15 AM   #48
eurorush86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoddard View Post
I bought a 1988 528e a long time ago from a used car dealership. The next day when I was going through the car I found a teenth sack of coke under the ash tray. I called the state police to ask them what to do about it. They had no problem sending a couple cops and a K-9 unit and went through the car for me. Not sure if they reported the dealership or not.
Thanks! This is what I'm going to do, lol they don't mess (rip) up seats or anything do they?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #49
JordanBMW

My Ride: 320i 2002 steel blue
Send a message via MSN to JordanBMW Send a message via Skype™ to JordanBMW
I'm sure from the sounds of it that "paraphernalia" you found is probably worth more then the car itself.
-edit just a small bag of coke and pot? well if you can get something out of reporting it id do it too. if not id just smoke the sack and give the coke to a friend or something lol

Last edited by JordanBMW; 01-27-2011 at 11:04 AM.
JordanBMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #50
eurorush86

^smart...
Old 01-27-2011, 11:25 AM   #51
xavi330i

My Ride: 2004 330i smg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcpro View Post
If this happened out here the way these dealers are they would tell you to shove it.. I am surprised the dealer doesn't just pay to have the car inspected.. maybe you could turn the drugs you found into the local police and explain what happened they can get the previous owner's information and maybe they will let you use the drug sniffing dog to check the rest of you're car..?

Ha! I wouldn't recommend that. They'll arrest the current owner. So many people say it is not theirs when they get busted. You are guilty until proven innocent. Your car will be ripped apart.

Last edited by xavi330i; 01-27-2011 at 11:28 AM.
xavi330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:43 AM   #52
secono330ci

My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanBMW View Post
I'm sure from the sounds of it that "paraphernalia" you found is probably worth more then the car itself.
-edit just a small bag of coke and pot? well if you can get something out of reporting it id do it too. if not id just smoke the sack and give the coke to a friend or something lol
This is the most legit one so far
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:38 PM   #53
cmpcpro

My Ride: 2000 Mercedes S430
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi330i View Post
Ha! I wouldn't recommend that. They'll arrest the current owner. So many people say it is not theirs when they get busted. You are guilty until proven innocent. Your car will be ripped apart.
If you bring the drugs in with the paperwork showing you just bought the car I highly doubt they will arrest you.. You could walk a machine gun into the police station.. if you found it they will be happy you turned it in and shake you're hand..
cmpcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #54
xavi330i

My Ride: 2004 330i smg
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmpcpro View Post
If you bring the drugs in with the paperwork showing you just bought the car I highly doubt they will arrest you.. You could walk a machine gun into the police station.. if you found it they will be happy you turned it in and shake you're hand..
I'm latino. I wouldn't expect you to understand. lol
Old 01-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #55
Shalaylea

My Ride: 2005 3301 zhp
OP, I would consider the S4.
My 2001 A4 1.8T Quattro Manual was bulletproof. I put 120K on it and sold it for 8K. Always lusted after the S4.
I can't say the same for my 05 330. If I didn't have CPO warrantee, I would have probably tried to trade it by now.
IMO, the Audi/VAG chassis have more to offer in terms of low cost mods (the ECU is easy to crack, the car responds well to increased boost, etc.)
I like my E46, but if someone wanted to throw me an S4, I'd really consider it.
Shalaylea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #56
cmpcpro

My Ride: 2000 Mercedes S430
Quote:
Yeah I have a friend who is hispanic and hes a great guy into radio control cars and works a full time job supporting his mom and sister. He has a nice lifted F-150 an 06 I think.. when the Burbank cops pull him over they search him all the time, rip his truck apart.. the whole works and he's got a completely clean record.. this guy hasn't even smoked pot or tried anything..
cmpcpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #57
OrientBlau

My Ride: 2003 330i
Quote:

LOL

Many cops are very prejudice. I went to high school with one and he used to really bad mouth minorities. He would always talk about how he was gona show this one a lesson, etc. Kinda sad to think this is who protects us.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:04 PM   #58
Bartacus

My Ride: 2002 320i Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurorush86 View Post
I've done 140 yes, that is what my car is electronically limited to. Its not that hard really. Everyone hates on the 323i but all i need to do is 70 down i19fl and it weaves through traffic just fine. If i was on a track... well duh i would run a 330i/m3.... since i dont need to do 160mph on the streets, Ill stick with my great insurance, good fuel mileage, and a car that looks just like yours with a different engine.
I can vouch for this. I've done 200KM/h in my 320 until I hit the limiter, and my engine is worse than a 323i. The car handles eerily well at those speeds.
Bartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #59
Zyaltr

My Ride: 01-325cic,08-750Li
ok, he drives 140 and this is what he is so freaked out about?
Zyaltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #60
dmax

My Ride: '99 328i 1.04646 mu
Seems like the dogs would find a lot of hits in that car...if you've searched the thread entitled something like "where do you hide drugs' or something like that, OP, you could find all the hiding spots maybe almost as well as a dog...but without the footprints...

Lift up e-brake boot, shift boot, overhead in anything that pulls out, some have made false bottoms for the 'drug bin' itself...under ashtray.

Don't worry OP, I've got it mostly under control now, but learned of all the great spots we have just from being a fanatic...not from being a drug addict...just in case you were wondering.

I sure hope the cops know how to remove trim pieces without breaking them, but I'm sure they send out the K-9 units with cops specially trained in bmws.

Anyway, have a back up plan...maybe before they start ripping things apart, you ask if they mind if you learn how to remove stuff properly and just search yourself...and that you promise you'll report what you've found.

Make sure they have good trim tools with them!

But hidden drug smell must be in every nook and cranny of your car, and I think the dogs would pick up on that. Too bad you don't know anyone who gets high...(unless, of course, this thread is to provide you a cover, and you've really found 4 bags of pot and 10 of coke...hope you hid it where dogs won't search...and bet they'll ask if you mind if they search your home...hope you don't have anything illegal hidden there from prior tenants! )

Oh, and if you find anything before the dogs, I think you should host a fanatic meet...bet you'll get a lot of interest in your regional forum.

Performing at the Comedy Cove--595 Morris Ave. Springfield NJ reservations 973 376-3840

A recent set Skip to 1:30
dmax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
330i, dealer, new car, r32, rx8