E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Rawyzf

My Ride: Pontiac G8 GT
Question Regarding a Recent Deal on E46

Hey Everyone, I need some opinions on this.

Here is my recent FS Thread: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=815929

The buyer and I came to agreement on a Price on Friday 1/14. He sent a $50 deposit on that day via paypal. He told me he'd pay the rest of the funds on Sunday or Monday.

So, Monday comes around and he paypals me the remainder of the balance. However, it's an eCheck in Paypal, so the funds don't clear until 1/20. Paypal advises me not to ship until they have cleared.

So, I inform the guy that we have to wait for them to clear. He is clearly upset, but says whatever, just let him know the tracking info once they ship.

I said, sorry, but that's all I can do and I'll get you the tracking info ASAP.

Now, today, just a little bit ago, I get an email saying please refund me once the payment clears, I found some that are a better deal.

What do I do here?

In the mean time, this weekend , I commited to buy a set of Wheels from another guy, and I don't wanna back out on him....and I don't really have the money to have both sets. Only reason I commited the ones from this other guys was that I thought I had mine sold.

I think the deal is done, and the guy who bought mine should stick to the deal, but I want to make sure I'm in the right on this.

Thanks,
Ryan
Rawyzf is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
Rawyzf

Also, if this is in the wrong section I apologize. Mods, feel free to move it.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
simsima325
'a certain moderator'

My Ride: Honda Civic
Don't ship the wheels whatever you do. Easier to get paypal to revert payment, than it is to get someone to send you wheels back.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #4
SDKmann

My Ride: 01 Cherokee
Give the first guy his set of wheels and continue as planned, you have no obligation to refund him his money.
SDKmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
330CK

My Ride: > your ride
From a business standpoint, this is entirely your call. You can be a really nice person and give him the refund, but you are in no way obligated.

It was definitely the right call to not ship until the payment clears. It's just bad luck for the buyer that a better deal came along, but that is the buyer's fault, not yours.

If it were me in the same situation, I would not refund the money. Apologize to the buyer for the situation, but there is nothing you can do. The deal was done, agreed upon, and that's it.
330CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #6
04yfz

My Ride: A car
It's the buyers fault for using a payment method that took so long to clear. If you do go through with the deal, just make sure you document everything including shipping the wheels and tracking numbers and insurance incase he does file a paypal claim. How much cheaper did he find the wheels? Maybe work with him and give him a partial refund?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #7
Rawyzf

Thank you guys for the replies so far.

Seems like majority agree with me that the deal is done as we agreed to this and the payment is in process. I have all the PM's and Emails with history, so I will be covered.

What upsets me about this deal is that the guy was really cool the whole time until he found out that he sent the echeck. I didn't expect an echeck, but was fine with whatever, and these woulda shipped asap if it wasn't an echeck. However, I can't control on how he sends the payment other than the requested paypal.

As for working something out with him, I haven't replied to his email. It was just sent a little while ago, and I wanted to see what others opinions were. Also, I don't know what kinda deal, if any, that he got on another set, I didn't reply or ask for details yet.

Thanks again,
Ryan

PS - I am fairly new on here, but I do have over 500 feedback on ebay. (Rawyzf44)

I even told him I'd cover the fees via paypal, but he could pay some if he wanted. He kindly paid some of the fees, but it wasn't necessary.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
SDKmann

Just shoot him a short email saying that the deal is done and you will be shipping the wheels when the money clears. If he emails you back ignore it until you send the wheels off and reply to whatever he said by giving him the tracking number.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #9
DarkM3

My Ride: bmw
What will you do if he refuses the package...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwhype View Post
just override the website's BIOS and enter the binary system code to decompile the kernel firewall.
DarkM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
monkeyjuice5150

My Ride: ///M3 droptop
Send a message via AIM to monkeyjuice5150
Ship the wheel or keep 50 and refund the 2nd payment.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
Rawyzf

Just an update: We traded a few emails last night. Nothing got resolved. I offered to work a *little* on price, he wasn't interested in that. So, I guess I'll just ship the wheels off once the echeck clears.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
farmdog

My Ride: Acura TL
Done deal.....buyer should realize once the money is sent, he now has a set of new wheels.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #13
Rawyzf

eMail trail:

1/17
HIM: I'm Sending the rest Ryan thanks again

ME: Great, thanks!

HIM: email me once you send them and if there's a tracking number that be great too thanks again Ryan, check your paypal

ME: Isee the funds have been initiated, but says it won't clear until 1/20 or 21 since its an echeck. You cool with me waiting for that to clear into my paypal account?

HIM: it went as a echeck!!!! >:( Ryan I'm sorry man, that really sucks

ME: Yeah, sorry....not sure why it did.

HIM: so how long do I have to wait..

ME: I'll ship them as soon as it clears.

HIM: Ryan, I didn't send the money as a gift so even if it doesn't clear, which it won't, paypall will still take the money from my creditcard because it's my backup funding

ME: Ok, glad to know the funds will arrive one way or another :).> Once they're here, I'll ship them out. Fedex Home Delivery is typically 3 days. I'll email you tracking info and you'll get an email from Fedex for status updates.>

HIM: Ryan your missing the point, yes your going to get the money either way and I even put more in to help you cover the paypal fees. it's to late today to send them out. so tomorrow can you send them.

ME: Sorry, I can't ship until it clears. You seem like a great honest person, but I have to wait. That's the standard, and even paypal says that next to the payment. Sorry, its only a 3 day delay, you'll have them soon!

HIM: if I seem like a great and honest guy witch I am Ryan, you not shipping them is saying you don't trust me, we went through paypal for a reason. that reasons is so that if I screw you paypal has all my info and you'll get your money back plus what there worth. I have to get them powder coated. so your making me wait 3 days, then there going to sit on a truck for 3-4 days then another 2-3 days powder coating them and then finay getting to me. it's going to clear 100% it is going to clear! please Ryan can you send them tomorrow.

ME: I hear you and totally understand, but you have to understand from my point. I asked around a few places earlier today and everyone said never ship without funds. I hope you understand, and hope that 3 days really won't be too harsh.

HIM: whatever man, I do understand and if i was in your place, knowing how paypal works they would have been sent, it's not a scam. I wouldn't just give you $50 for nothing, I'm in great standings with the fourm and 100% on eBay. your going to get your money it's really disapointing to see you think I'm trying to cheat you. you seem like a great guy and really cool but if you knew how paypal worked we wouldn't be having this long drawn out conversation. email whenever you send it i guess

ME: Sorry Josh. I buy and sell tons of bats via paypal, I know how it works. This is how I make my MOD money for my cars. I've been hosed a few times via paypal, there are ways around paying. So, the rule is to play it safe until you have the money in hand. You'll have them soon enough and you'll be happy with them. Sorry again.

HIM: ok ryan the more these emails keep going the more pissed off i get so just email me whenever you sent it. I even sent you extra to help you with some of the 3.5%, screw me for being nice I guess

ME: Will do.

1/18

HIM: hey ryan I'm sorry to say but I found a better deal with a e46 offset where I don't need to buy a spacer for the wheels, and they come powder coated. if you could refund me my $657 + the $50 I gave you, that would be great. there is a reason for everything and i guess it's a good reason that you didn't send them cause then I would be stuck. thanks for the refund Ryan email me when you refund the full $707

ME: Hey Josh, I'm sorry, but our deal is done. I already committed to a new set of wheels from another guy, and I will not back out on him. I have put a deposit down on them and will send him the rest of the funds once our deal clears. I can't afford to keep both sets of wheels. I only bought them because you already paid for mine. I asked a few guys one the forum and majority are in agreement with me that the deal is done. You commited to buy them on Friday when you put the deposit down and then sealed the deal when you finished the payment on Monday. Can I ask why you sent it as an echeck? If you sent it via regular paypal payment, these would already be on the way to you and you wouldn't even have sent any of these emails.

HIM: I'm calling paypal right now and stopping it or making to echeck not go thought

HIM: no ryan give me your number.

ME: If price is the issue, we can work out a small refund. LIke I said, I commited to new wheels, I need the money like we agreed to.

ME: Sorry Josh, once the payment is initiated, you can't stop it from your end....for my safety.

HIM: that's your fault for buy new wheels when my money didn't even clear. I'm calling paypal sorry

ME: Sorry you see it this way. Some day maybe you'll grow up and learn how to do things the right way and stick to your word.

HIM: save the school lesson and just refund my money, you can not do what deal I found. if your refusing to refund me that's awhole new set a problems.

ME: Sorry Josh, I told you it's pretty much spent. I don't want to be threatened, so I think we're done with this conversation via email.

HIM: ok Ryan once it clears I want me money back thank you
Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #14
e46JAB

My Ride: Titan over Tannin
You definitely did the right thing, he sounds really childish.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:52 PM   #15
SDKmann

You have gone above and beyond for this guy if you were willing to renegotiate the price just because he found a better deal somewhere, I would have never done that and considering how he is acting I would take that off the table as an option. You are 100% in the right. Don't let him bully you, if you have to present your side to Paypal it will not even be an issue.

I would also suggest that you post this guy's username and the content of your emails in the feedback section to protect other buyers on this site from this guy. If he is a regular user on this site its something the community should be aware of.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
genuity

My Ride: '1 E46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04yfz View Post
It's the buyers fault for using a payment method that took so long to clear.
+1 tough noogies for the buyer. eCheck? Didn't know paypal did things like that. I have only seen it as bank transfers and credit card. Why bother doing eChecks when they can directly ACH debit from a checking account? :hmm:

Just make sure you document, document, and document some more.
genuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
Au2bahn

My Ride: 05 330i ZHP,09 HCHII
Done deal. Its his own lesson he has to learn in regards to claiming he found another one for a better price. Too bad and too late. The world does not operate the way he thinks it does

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

ESS TS2 - VMR V710 19" wheels - KW Coilovers - 3.46 Diff - Macht Schnell 5mm Rear Spacers - BMW Performance BBK w/ floating rotors -
BMW Performance Strut Brace - BMW Performance Air Intake - BMW Performance SSK/DSSR - Hawk HPS Brake Pads - SS Brake Lines -
OEM M3 RTAB w/ Vorshlag Limiters - Meyle HD FCAB - TMS Sway Bars w/ adjustable links - AEM Digital Boost Gauge -
Stewart w/p - 6K HID Fogs - Swain Coated Magnaflow headers
Au2bahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #18
kuksul08

My Ride: M3
lol... he can't change his mind at this point. I can't remember how many times I've ordered something online, but changed my mind after it was in the 'packing' stage, and they couldn't do anything about it. It's just the way it works.

Look at that subtle jet-black coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a 6mt.
S54 Valve Adjustment Spreadsheet & Info: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/28231781/S54...ent%20info.zip
S54 VANOS DIY Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SkT2j3jsU0
kuksul08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #19
Glissco27

My Ride: is a smoked Xi
Send a message via AIM to Glissco27
your in the clear man, and its been said several times by the guys above me but a deal is a deal and once he sends payment thats it...wouldnt be right of him to send the funds and then after you using it for other wheels and he (initially) wanting them, taking the money back. i dont think you will have any problems with paypal. as far as im concerned its buyer beware. dont refund the money- his loss he found a better deal after the fact he found your wheels- your not a retail store lol
Khoalty Black Matte Grill | Khoalty Smoked Turn Sig w/ LEDs | Khoalty Smoked Side Markers w/LEDs | Silver CF Vinyl Interior Trim | Khoalty LED Interior Kit | CF/White Roundels | Khoalty Smoked Tail Lights | Khoalty Angel Eyes | Aftermarket Pioneer sound system

***Wants***
M-tech II front Tiag
Glissco27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 PM   #20
mistrzmiasta

My Ride: GLK350,ML63
tell him you had buyers while this whole thing was happening and you had to turn them down so if anything it's him that screwed with that e-check.
mistrzmiasta is offline   Reply With Quote