E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 05:37 PM   #1
offthehookah

My Ride: '04 330Ci w/SportPkg
Would heated seats from an e46 M3 CONVERTIBLE fit in a 330ci e46?

My car doesn't have heated seats, and it's not a convertible, and it's not an M3 lol, would it be too much of a hassle because I have some local for sale iwth less than 30k miles on them for 500 (i figured i could talk him down if thats a bad deal)

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-27-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
jdstrickland

My Ride: '94 325iC & '00 323i
There's no reason I can think of that they would not physically fit. You might need to do some custom wiring, but that should be easy.
jdstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
offthehookah

My Ride: '04 330Ci w/SportPkg
Oh okay, thanks. So coupes and convertibles have the same interior? (and it doesn't matter from 3 series to m3?)
Old 01-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Amhague

My Ride: 330xi
Aren't the seatbelt assemblies built right in on the vert seats? That might be a hindrance.
Amhague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
jdstrickland

Yes, they have the same interior. Well, the interiors might be different from the perspective of trim elements and cup holders, but the seats should be the same. The floors should be the same, and that's the important part because the holes have to fit.

You can look up the parts on www.realoem.com to confirm that the convertible donor will fit your coupe, but I can't see any reason why the seats would not be interchangable.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:23 PM   #6
Zyaltr

My Ride: 01-325cic,08-750Li
Verts have seat belt assembles that are all located on the seat...not attached to the post as with coupes.
Zyaltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
BillyJoelR

My Ride: Velvy B.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyaltr View Post
Verts have seat belt assembles that are all located on the seat...not attached to the post as with coupes.
Exactly this.

BillyJoelR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
jdstrickland

Good call. I forgot about the seat belts being built into the seats. But, putting seats with the belts built in to replace seats where the belts are a separate assembly should not cause a huge problem. Going the other way would be a huge problem... Of course, there are wiring issues associated with the location of the retractors.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM   #9
iansanderson

My Ride: 2001 330CiC
i wouldn't do it. The coupe and convertible do not share the same floorpan.

The convertible's floorpan is specially reinforced to withstand that added stress of the seatbelts being attached to the seats. In the event of a bad collision, that extra reinforcement will keep the seat secured to the floor. The coupes obviously are not reinforced in the same way since the seatbelts are attached to the B pillar.

besides, you would have two sets of seatbelts which would be kind of dumb.

Cheat Sheet:

GT1/ISIS/MoDiC = Factory authorized diagnostic system used by BMW dealerships across the world.

NCS Expert = BMW Factory R&D programming tool available on the internet (not intended for the public and not available to the dealership network)

OEM = Genuine BMW part only available from a franchised BMW dealership.

DME = Engine Management Computer

Last edited by iansanderson; 01-28-2011 at 10:33 PM.
iansanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
I think more than this they do not bolt in directly, at least my sedan doesn't have the same bolt layout for vert seats.

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote