E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-07-2011, 02:53 PM   #81
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

My Ride: CLS55 AMG
lookin good man, love the center console. planning on any suspension mods, that would set it off imo.
Boosted_TiAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #82
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJR4884 View Post
don't you have an OEM CSL trunk on your coupe?

lol i know whats going on.....
hehe, yep trunk done and pictures are up now. what you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrittyM3 View Post
i have a quesstion about the aa tune. do you tune it yourself or did u take it to one of their authorized dealers?
I got the tune done at AutoTalent. They send your ecu info to AA over the internet and then they custom tune it for you and then download it on your ecu. They are an authorized dealer. Very good guys there. Frobie was there, place had some excitement that day. I was very surprised how much the tune helped, wasn't expecting such improvements. I would absolutely do it again on the M3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhp43867 View Post
It looks great!
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_TiAg View Post
lookin good man, love the center console. planning on any suspension mods, that would set it off imo.
I have a set of Bilstein PSS9s coil-overs in my garage. Just need to find time to install. Although the days of dropping my cars low are gone, just a subtle drop of like maybe 1"-1.5" is all I plan.
But yes the car appears to be sitting rather high, especially in the rear now. This might be due in some part to less wieight from trunk and I'm surre from the higher duck bill.

Last edited by Alex323Ci; 05-09-2011 at 12:16 PM.
Alex323Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:10 AM   #83
Alex323Ci

Some people have been asking me about the wheels and tires. No these aren't the ZCP wheel set, but the OEM CSL wheels which the fronts are wider. Here are the markings again in detail. 8.5 x 19.
The Roundel centercaps may look different because I updated them to the E9X series "domed cap" which I like better. So that's why they may look different.

And the Tires are Michelin Pilot Sports in 255/35/19 fronts

and yes, a very large 285/30/19 rear

Here is the rear stance from behind with the larger rubber
Old 05-11-2011, 09:07 AM   #84
aggieE46
Keep it clean

My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Looks really good!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:18 AM   #85
spencers

My Ride: 2006 330i sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
The Roundel centercaps may look different because I updated them to the E9X series "domed cap" which I like better. So that's why they may look different.
Nice. I've been thinking about picking up a set
Old 05-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #86
PrittyM3

My Ride: E46 M3
how was fitment with the 285's?
Old 05-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #87
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
Looks really good!
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post
Nice. I've been thinking about picking up a set
Yes, these Roundel caps don't have that plastic edge that can get faded and the cap looks better on the dished wheels imho. I noticed the price on these has gone up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrittyM3 View Post
how was fitment with the 285's?
Surprisingly very good, I'll try and get some photos of the clearance. But then again my car is stock height right now until the Bilstein PSS9s go on, so it's hard to tell how flush.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #88
Jessa

My Ride: 1
flawless
Jessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #89
Alex323Ci

Carbon Fiber CSL RACE LIP 5-12

OK, well I decided to mount the Race Lip. It's a 1x1 weave to go with the other BMW weave. 1x1 I feel is a little more subtle than the 2x2 and I'm not trying to go to loud. Infact I'm not sure if this CSL Race bumper is now too loud. I'll see how I like it/how long it lasts. Here it is. Also body colored front reflectors done. And you can see the bodycolored kidney surrounds too with everything on the front end. What do you guys think??

Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #90
aggieE46
Keep it clean

I love body-colored surrounds. One of the first (and only) exterior mods I did.

If you ever sell your hood, give me a shout. I want it.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #91
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
I love body-colored surrounds. One of the first (and only) exterior mods I did.

If you ever sell your hood, give me a shout. I want it.
Yep, I like the bodycolored surrounds too. Just enough of a change and yet not obvious what was done.

(im sure you'd be better off finding a hood around your area, shipping is a hassle)
Old 05-15-2011, 03:00 PM   #92
Boosted_TiAg
Modded

My Ride: CLS55 AMG
looks good
Boosted_TiAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 03:09 PM   #93
djnekkon

My Ride: MB3ci Regensburg Bav
excellent
djnekkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #94
Alex323Ci

May 21 Navigation Headunit

Finally had the time to install the Navigation Unit. I was told that my previous individual button strip relocation center/console could just be cut to make room for the single row strip of the new M3. Tried that and found out it could work if one needed it to in a bind and didn't mind it not fitting well, but don't do it. Just get the correct one. So here it is installed. Looks good, missed having it.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:01 PM   #95
Alex323Ci

May 21 Reverse Camera Install

Well I had this HU before but never got around to wiring up the Reverse Camera feature. Well, this time I did it all at once. Bit of a pain to feed wires through the trunk loom but needed if you want it not to leak or get pinched. Wish I had done this sooner, it really does work great and visibility at night just as clear.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:05 PM   #96
sgplayer69

My Ride: 2003 CB M3 Coupe
can we get some pics of the actual cameras outside? Is this an option or custom work?
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM   #97
brandonwish

My Ride: 02 325i 5MT
So tastefully modded. I love every single mod but the front lip and center console are my favorites. Rarity of the center console and how amazing that front lip makes the entire front end look. Bravo sub'd

|||2002 325i 5MT|||

Last edited by brandonwish; 05-25-2011 at 02:20 PM.
brandonwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #98
Alex323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgplayer69 View Post
can we get some pics of the actual cameras outside? Is this an option or custom work?
it's just a license plate light camera, replaces the existing LP light on the right side. On this euro CSL trunk it's an exact fit. had i known it would be the only black on that side of the trunk i would have had it color matched. next time i get something painted i think i'll have them do the camera too. you can see it above the red registration tag on my license plate here. but all in all it's very hidden, had to point it out to my friends who have been in my car after seeing the reverse camera in operation.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:20 PM   #99
Steven747

My Ride: 05 330ci
zhp knob yet? and were you taking the 55south to the 5 south yesterday.. i might have saw you with a buddy
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 03:22 PM   #100
aggieE46
Keep it clean

I've been looking for one forever. Texas is barren. I can set up shipping, I schedule freight shipments daily Just PM me if it's ever an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex323Ci View Post
Yep, I like the bodycolored surrounds too. Just enough of a change and yet not obvious what was done.

(im sure you'd be better off finding a hood around your area, shipping is a hassle)