E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #1
zeroyon

My Ride: 2001 BMW 325i
Angel Eye - I cant find out which ones to order?

I know that this might be in the wrong section, but I am about to order some Angel eyes off umnitaz.com There are so many different ones and sizes on there. Which ones do I get for my car. I have a 2001 325i Sedan just like the picture.

The options that are on there are that Im not sure it might be:
2002-2005 3-series sedans
2000-2006 E46 M3
2000-2003 E46 coupe 3-series

Which one do I get?

zeroyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:38 PM   #2
zeroyon

Im trying to order them right now, anyone know?
Old 01-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
You should get Aurora's or something else, Umnitza is a horrible company known for lying and garbage customer service. Search if you don't believe me; the only reason people will come in and say get Orions is because they're sheep just like everyone else that says get them... and that's only because that's just what they have.
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:44 PM   #4
zeroyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by N89 View Post
You should get Aurora's or something else, Umnitza is a horrible company known for lying and garbage customer service. Search if you don't believe me; the only reason people will come in and say get Orions is because they're sheep just like everyone else that says get them... and that's only because that's just what they have.
I really have no idea what those are, but I really like the angel eyes and I really dont have too much money to spend. I already got new replacement lenses and all, so while Im there wanted to do these
Old 01-10-2011, 11:50 PM   #5
N89

You should've gotten the replacement lenses from Khoalty, cheapest.

http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/light...ment-%28oem%29

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/3-Se...duct_info.html

Auroras (although you said you're on a budget so IDK... they are expensive)

http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1883

Khoalty even sells some $50 rings that I would buy before I ever dealt with Umnitza just because of their reputation, they're banned from sponsoring on other forums, what does that tell you, plus their Orions have gaps in them.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
zeroyon

Quote:
You should've gotten the replacement lenses from Khoalty, cheapest.

http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/light...ment-%28oem%29

http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/3-Se...duct_info.html

Auroras (although you said you're on a budget so IDK... they are expensive)

http://www.europeanautosource.com/pr...oducts_id=1883

Khoalty even sells some $50 rings that I would buy before I ever dealt with Umnitza just because of their reputation, they're banned from sponsoring on other forums, what does that tell you, plus their Orions have gaps in them.
Thanks man, I actually did order the lenses off Khoalty for $72, best price out there, The reason why I looked at umnitza for the angel eyes is because the $15 life time warranty. so you think Khoalty is the place to still go for them? Are they the same product?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:01 AM   #7
N89

The best angel eye kit out there when taking everything into consideration is the kit from EAS (aurora), I'm not going to lie however because the kit from Umnitza is better than what Khoalty offers and might even be better than the Weisslicht kit Bimmian and JleviSW sells, it's just I can't get past their repuation, they've been known to leave things out of the box and won't even piss on you after you've handed over your money so it's up to you to take the gamble... here's a thread that reviews all of the major kits...

http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthr...gel+eye+review

I think you really have to look at a collection of pictures from each one to form your OWN consensus, and don't trust any of the photos posted by sponsors since they obviously just try and make their own product look better... through doing that though I've found that they aurora's are the most consistent looking and the closest to OEM and have no visible gaps. Remember that brighter is not always better, but it's personal opinion on what look you want... I think too bright means Rice... it's supposed to be an elegant yet subtle trademark, you can't even define the ring in some pictures and it looks way too aftermarket with the Orions in my opinion.

Damn, you'd think I'm an employee or something.

P.S. there's so many threads out there out there and debates... it can be overwhelming, there will even be people in here saying they love their Orions and what not... and it may be true (some people like riced out civics), but if you take the time to make up your own mind and not be a sheep and follow the heard you may be better off.

Last edited by N89; 01-11-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #8
zeroyon

Quote:
The best angel eye kit out there when taking everything into consideration is the kit from EAS (aurora), I'm not going to lie however because the kit from Umnitza is better than what Khoalty offers and might even be better than the Weisslicht kit Bimmian and JleviSW sells, it's just I can't get past their repuation, they've been known to leave things out of the box and won't even piss on you after you've handed over your money so it's up to you to take the gamble... here's a thread that reviews all of the major kits...

http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showthr...gel+eye+review

I think you really have to look at a collection of pictures from each one to form your OWN consensus, and don't trust any of the photos posted by sponsors since they obviously just try and make their own product look better... through doing that though I've found that they aurora's are the most consistent looking and the closest to OEM and have no visible gaps. Remember that brighter is not always better, but it's personal opinion on what look you want... I think too bright means Rice... it's supposed to be an elegant yet subtle trademark, you can't even define the ring in some pictures and it looks way too aftermarket with the Orions in my opinion.
Damn, you'd think I'm an employee or something.
You def do sound like a salesperson, But I still dont know which ones to order if I do get them from umnitza, I heard that they are better quality and all, but now that everyone is saying that they are bad to deal with I am a little worried, I am deployed and come home next month, I want to make sure it is the right part when I get home so I can just put it all togehter, anyone know which options to choose, either from Umnitza or Khoalty, I really cant afford the other ones though
Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 AM   #9
N89

Khoalty offers a lifetime warranty on their $50 angel eyes... (for $15 or $40), just saying. Sorry to throw you off, I just figured I'd help out a fellow enthusiast by reminding you about other options, and make it known the reputation of the company you want to buy from... any consumer should know, I'm not trying to bash them but they've brought it upon themselves through the years, you can look up reviews on them still, most threads have been locked though a lot more deleted.

Not just on BMW forums either:
http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&h...4cbf0e6669eee9

Last edited by N89; 01-11-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:18 AM   #10
e46pauler

My Ride: '05 330i ZHP
I just ordered from umntza.

I'll be honest about my experience...

he's helpful, he responds right away, isn't much of a talker but tells you what you need to know if you PM him. I got everything from him in one piece, as expected, undamaged, and I live in Canada. I researched what I wanted and ordered, if you're informed there will be no surprises. I was a bit surprised at the color initially, but once I mounted them in and hooked them up they look perfect, so I guess no complaints. They look to be quality too, the only thing I'd expect is for $200 some wireloom, zipties and maybe a small container of silicone would be a nice addition, otherwise it's a good kit (I had all that stuff lying around anyways, I'm just nitpicking I guess).
e46pauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #11
ICONIKE46

My Ride: Horse & Buggy
Quote:
Khoalty offers a lifetime warranty on their $50 angel eyes... (for $15 or $40), just saying. Sorry to throw you off, I just figured I'd help out a fellow enthusiast by reminding you about other options, and make it known the reputation of the company you want to buy from... any consumer should know, I'm not trying to bash them but they've brought it upon themselves through the years, you can look up reviews on them still, most threads have been locked though a lot more deleted.

You also gotta realize that Khoalty's $50 AEs, along with the other $50 AEs are all cheap and horrible. There have been COUNTLESS threads about these Angel Eyes not working. I'm pretty sure Umnitza has lifetime warentee on their angel eyes, not sure if Auroras do or not. BOTH of them are AMAZING angel eyes do not be mistaken OP.

If I were you, I would look at pictures from both angel eyes and see which ones you actually like the most. I wouldn't go with the $50 ones only because they tend to not work properly a lot of the time. I'm tellin you man, go with umnitza Orion v2s, or the Auroras. Yeah they're costly BUT they are 100% worth it. Runnin Orion v2s on my car and I can't be any more happy.
ICONIKE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:21 AM   #12
zeroyon

Quote:

I understand man, I wish had more money for the other ones though, but army doesnt pay enought.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 AM   #13
kpeng
Banned User

My Ride: E46 330 and E30 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICONIKE46 View Post
You also gotta realize that Khoalty's $50 AEs, along with the other $50 AEs are all cheap and horrible. There have been COUNTLESS threads about these Angel Eyes not working. I'm pretty sure Umnitza has lifetime warentee on their angel eyes, not sure if Auroras do or not. BOTH of them are AMAZING angel eyes do not be mistaken OP.

If I were you, I would look at pictures from both angel eyes and see which ones you actually like the most. I wouldn't go with the $50 ones only because they tend to not work properly a lot of the time. I'm tellin you man, go with umnitza Orion v2s, or the Auroras. Yeah they're costly BUT they are 100% worth it. Runnin Orion v2s on my car and I can't be any more happy.
Wrong.

All LED angel eyes are essentially the same. CCFLs were too when they were the popular item. I used to sell angel eyes and brought down the entire market price when they were being pushed for $150 to $200. My cost on them was $20 a set.

Khoa sells the same stuff that DDM sells, which is the same stuff that Umnitza sells, which is the same stuff that JLevi sells. Same stuff, different name. They too have a lifetime warranty on them. They all come from the same factories in Taiwan, they're all essentially the same. You have an equal chance of them failing if you buy from any vendor. Buy the cheapest.
kpeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:16 AM   #14
dreyo27

My Ride: 2001 325ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Wrong.

All LED angel eyes are essentially the same. CCFLs were too when they were the popular item. I used to sell angel eyes and brought down the entire market price when they were being pushed for $150 to $200. My cost on them was $20 a set.

Khoa sells the same stuff that DDM sells, which is the same stuff that Umnitza sells, which is the same stuff that JLevi sells. Same stuff, different name. They too have a lifetime warranty on them. They all come from the same factories in Taiwan, they're all essentially the same. You have an equal chance of them failing if you buy from any vendor. Buy the cheapest.
my ccfl ballast failed after 3 years, not bad for a 40 dollar kit.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #15
afstud

My Ride: 02 & 04 325xi sports
i have some from umnitza and they screwed up the whole order, they sent me ones for halogen headlights and sent me white, and my order clearly states i have xenons and i wanted amber, amazingly they told me they were sold out on amber but there website doesn't state that at all, so if you order amber you'll get white just so you know... go with khoalty, Ive never had a problem with them and i wish i would have ordered through them in the first place, stick with what you know i guess is my saying.
afstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #16
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Get the Umnitza V2s, best angel eyes out there. I had two friends with Auroras and went to V2s and have been much happier.

If you're looking for budget get the Umnitza orion lite or the khoalty ones. Jlevisw is a rip off, same thing as the two mentioned for three times the price

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #17
jaycard73

My Ride: '02 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeng View Post
Wrong.

i agree, when it comes down to it, they're all the same sh*t...i ordered my Ultra HD's from DDM and couldn't be happier.
jaycard73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #18
vander

My Ride: 03 330ci
I also have orion v2's and I get a lot of compliments on them. They are definitely the brightest, I would say about the same brightness as the new Audi led's.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #19
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by vander View Post
I also have orion v2's and I get a lot of compliments on them. They are definitely the brightest, I would say about the same brightness as the new Audi led's.
But they don't turn off when your turn signal is on!

Youtube - Electric Fan Swap - Projector Retrofit - Bulb Guide - NY to LA cross country
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #20
Alexotronic

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
Solidjake's car is on the umniza website! (scroll down) He is a true e46fanatics celebrity ;-)

http://umnitza.com/umnitza-predator-...te-p-1198.html

Going to be getting some AEs soon.. definitely leaning towards Umnitza because of their superior brightness. Maybe solidjake can get me a discount with his "connects" ;-p