E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2016, 09:07 PM   #1
DNTHATE

School me on semiauto 12 gauges

Been looking into getting one for a while and I've finally got the cash for basically whatever I want, but what's the "best" one to buy? I've pretty much ruled out a saiga or vepr because I hear they run like ****! Interested in opinions on a mossberg 930, benelli m4, and any other semi auto 12s you may know. I don't care about drum mags as long as it hold at least 8 rounds.

Last edited by DNTHATE; 01-01-2016 at 09:09 PM.
DNTHATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
m5killa

My Ride: Sperry's
Benelli m4

close thread.

http://www.westcoastspecialties.net/ <---- Best Body Shop in Sd
m5killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
mcr_driver
OEM ///Member

My Ride: my favorite two feet
No love for a remington 1100?
Old 01-03-2016, 08:52 PM   #4
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I mean, it depends on what you want to do with it. For instance, the M4 is a tank both functionally and physically...its heavy as fvck. Weight sucks when you're shooting competition or skeet/trap.

What's your intended use?

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:50 AM   #5
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Benelli owns the US Law Enforcement tactical semi-auto shotgun market, and for good reason. They've done more development with tactical shotguns than any other company hands-down, and the best part is that most of this is with their semi-autos. They have options abound with relation to stock choices, operating system selection, and barrels and sights. Benelli has this because of the durability and reliability of their inertia recoil system. The M4 recoil system is reliable, but it's more complicated than the inertia system of the M2 and Vinci. If you want a tactical shotgun, look at the M2 tactical with the comfortech stock (11029), as it will have to most recoil mitigation.

If you want gas operated, look at the Beretta 1301 Tactical. Beretta quality is excellent, and the 1301 is an exceptionally reliable shotgun.

FN makes good shotguns, and the SLP and SLP Mk1 are very highly regarded. FN builds quality reliable guns.

Avoid Remington. They have very poor quality control and their machining tolerances are variable, which leads to tolerance stacking. I have found new Remington shotguns from the factory with visible burrs and sharp unfinished edges, overly tight tolerances (due to stacking), and overly loose tolerances (again, due to stacking). Go look at the cost of a used pre-Freedom Group buyout 870 Wingmaster and you'll see some pretty telling information about confidence in the new stuff versus the old stuff. Remington adds another middle finger by screwing the commercial market with cheap components. LE guns get forged steel components, whereas commercial guns get MIM components.
Most custom gunsmith companies like Wilson Combat or Nighthawk Customs who offer custom Remington 870s don't offer Remingotn auto loaders. The demand is minimal and the expense and time to customize isn't really worth their time or effort.

Mossberg sucks. They have a lot of reliability issues and their quality control is atrocious. Every Mossberg M590 we had in my Army unit was essentially a one-shot gun because they couldn't reliably cycle without locking up. My first shotgun was a 500 20ga, which also won't cycle and I haven't used it 15 years because it won't function. Their rifles are not reliable and not accurate. They really don't have any redeeming qualities as a gun company.

All that being said, tactical shotguns are typically heavier than field shotguns and have a more limited use. If the gun is purely for home defense or range plinking or training, then a good tactical shotgun is a solid purchase. If you want sporting use for clays or trap, or for hunting, you want a sporting or field shotgun.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:28 PM   #6
Knight

My Ride: '05 330Ci | '01 325i
Thanks for the info, Reedo!
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:54 PM   #7
GasKing
OEM ///Member

My Ride: LP-580-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
I mean, it depends on what you want to do with it. For instance, the M4 is a tank both functionally and physically...its heavy as fvck. Weight sucks when you're shooting competition or skeet/trap.

What's your intended use?
Ive spoken to him outside of e46, and his intended use seems to be that he will buy it, never shoot it, take a few pics of it, and hold it once a month to make him feel better

Love you Rouballs.

Long Island and NYC members that need fuel oil hit me up! $15 discount to all members.
GasKing is offline   Reply With Quote