E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #2221
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Anybody have an str stock they want to sell in black?

Are they on backorder?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #2222
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
Are they on backorder?
Haven't really looked just didn't know if anybody had a used one they wanted to dump. No rush i have an extra imod laying around

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #2223
flashmeow
Banned User

My Ride: E30-E46-E90-E90M-F30
I have an upper m4 with 1/9 twist that I want to.trade for any 1/7 twist.

The upper was a gift from years back. Don't know.about the company but it has HC M1S stamps by the front sight post

If no one wants to.trade.the. can u help me Id the manufacturer of my upper?

sent from my HTC EVO+ using Bimmer App

Last edited by flashmeow; 01-01-2013 at 08:14 PM.
flashmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #2224
flashmeow
Banned User

Here is a pix.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1357092890593.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	484245  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #2225
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree with you. DD is indeed a solid company, but definitely not the top. My buddy said he had many DD rifles come into his shop for custom work done. He stated some were out of specification; even military spec. I'm sure DD would've replaced the parts no question asked.

bummer

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #2226
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree with you. DD is indeed a solid company, but definitely not the top. My buddy said he had many DD rifles come into his shop for custom work done. He stated some were out of specification; even military spec. I'm sure DD would've replaced the parts no question asked.
I honestly don't know enough to refute. Just been told by well qualified individuals and read about them. Reedo may have a better opinion.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #2227
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Who needs an ar somebody jump on it. Complete bcm/mega built ar with bcm bcg only $1200

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_21/10...area_only.html
Old 01-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #2228
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashtwosix View Post
I have an upper m4 with 1/9 twist that I want to.trade for any 1/7 twist.

The upper was a gift from years back. Don't know.about the company but it has HC M1S stamps by the front sight post

If no one wants to.trade.the. can u help me Id the manufacturer of my upper?

It's likely a Model 1 Sales. Looks like a variant of their EM-4 CAR upper.
http://model1sales.com/

Not that I disagree with going to a 1:7 twist (because I don't), but what is motivating your decision to switch twist rates?

Quote:
DD is definitely a top tier company, and there will always be abberations with any machined component from any company. Would I classify them as the best? No, but I'd throw them in the Top 7 for DI rifles. I don't think I would ever be able to list one rifle company as being the supreme best without exception.
The question is not about whether they have a flawless track record, but what is their consistency overall, and how do they handle the issue when there is a problem. Problems with DD seem to be abberations and not the norm. I have used their components extensively with builds and had no problems. One division of our SWAT team uses DD Mk18s and they run like Swiss watches.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-01-2013 at 11:46 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #2229
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post

Not that I disagree with going to a 1:7 twist (because I don't), but what is motivating your decision to switch twist rates?

DD is definitely a top tier company, and there will always be abberations with any machined component from any company. Would I classify them as the best? No, but I'd throw them in the Top 7 for DI rifles. I don't think I would ever be able to list one rifle company as being the supreme best without exception.
The question is not about whether they have a flawless track record, but what is their consistency overall, and how do they handle the issue when there is a problem. Problems with DD seem to be abberations and not the norm. I have used their components extensively with builds and had no problems. One division of our SWAT team uses DD Mk18s and they run like Swiss watches.
In no order what do you consider the top 7?
Noveske
Larue
Kac
Dd
Bcm
Colt
Lmt

Am I close?
Old 01-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #2230
CollinsE90

Reedo, any experience with Predator Arms AR's? They're based in my city.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #2231
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Noveske
Larue
Kac
Dd
Bcm
Colt
Lmt

Am I close?
KAC makes nice stuff, but overpriced IMO. As much as I hate to say it, and I know they're way overpriced, I'd stick HK in there to replace KAC. The rest seems accurate to me

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #2232
david05111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post

bummer
Chase, cheer up bro, it's definitely top tier. You scored an absolutely awesome rifle, nicer than alot of equipment on this and other boards. Be proud of it

Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #2233
Reedo302

Quote:
Noveske
Larue
Kac
Dd
Bcm
Colt
Lmt

Am I close?
Yeppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Reedo, any experience with Predator Arms AR's? They're based in my city.
Oddly enough there are a couple Predator Arms out there. Just slight variations to what they actually list their name as. Is this it?

http://www.predatorcustomshop.com/index.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
KAC makes nice stuff, but overpriced IMO. As much as I hate to say it, and I know they're way overpriced, I'd stick HK in there to replace KAC. The rest seems accurate to me
I intentionally left HK out. I put HK in the same arena as rifles like the SCAR and FS2000 and whatnot. HK is definitely the king of the piston rifles, though.

And yeah, KAC is expensive, but they're more of a specialty manufacturer. About the same as LaRue for pricing and also for accuracy and capability.

Glock Armorer

Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 AM   #2234
CollinsE90

Yea, that's them.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #2235
Reedo302

Never heard of em

Glock Armorer

Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #2236
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Chase, cheer up bro, it's definitely top tier. You scored an absolutely awesome rifle, nicer than alot of equipment on this and other boards. Be proud of it
So excited to pick it up and take it out to my cousins farm. Any suggestions for fun targets on a non-range site? They're farm has like 400 acres so I'm sure we could do some long range targeting.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #2237
david05111

Quote:
I intentionally left HK out. I put HK in the same arena as rifles like the SCAR and FS2000 and whatnot. HK is definitely the king of the piston rifles, though.

And yeah, KAC is expensive, but they're more of a specialty manufacturer. About the same as LaRue for pricing and also for accuracy and capability.
See, nothing would make me happier than to own a Knights product, considering they're made on my doorstep in Titusville. I know they're quality as well.

But, when I look at some of their pricing, I think it's nuts. Complete lowers for like $900 (before the crazyness), suppressors priced double that of AAC, Gemtech, etc., and complete rifles at higher price points than most of the other manufacturers.

I do agree on reflection that HK does fit better into that other category, though I feel that the 416 platform alone probably merits mention or inclusion into the list. Bottom line is that I like and respect Knights, but I think all their stuff is several hundred dollars too high compared to competitors with little or no advantage gained.
Quote:
So excited to pick it up and take it out to my cousins farm. Any suggestions for fun targets on a non-range site? They're farm has like 400 acres so I'm sure we could do some long range targeting.
Tannerite haha...coolest targets out there. Other than that, I've shot almost everything. Empty paint cans are ok because you can kinda hear than when they get hit, watermellons or pumpkins, etc. Just get something fun and make sure you are aware of what is between you and your target and what is beyond it.

Old 01-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #2238
flashmeow
Banned User

Cool. Thanks Mr Reedo.

I keep getting conflicting statements about the company that makes my upper but your explanation makes sense. I just browsed the Model1sales and it seems similiar to what I have.

as for 1/7 twist, this is just a perference. I already have a rock river and bushmaster 1/9 twist rifle and wanted 1/7. I shot plenty of 1/7 twist 5.56 rifle and it seems like it can handle a more range of bullets (especially the heavier grain).

Quote:

Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #2239
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Noveske
Larue
Kac
Dd
Bcm
Colt
Lmt

Am I close?
I would break that list into two parts; boutique builders (Noveske, LaRue, and Knights and mass market builders (Colt, Daniel Defense, BCM, LMT). I think all of them are high quality, but you are really going to pay through the nose and have a longer wait for the boutique builders. I think the oddball in there is LaRue. You can't deny that the quality is there, but I think that they are more of a niche offering.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #2240
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Quote:
Pop cans are fun. They go flying when hit...

I've also purchased some of the "spinning" targets that I hope are fun to shoot. Obviously still have some paper targets too.

I know it sounds silly that I'm bringing it up - but if you're not at a range, just make sure that land has something to use as a backstop. If you're just shooting towards trees/woods, you'd be surprised at how far a bullet can still travel. Someone shot over top a dirt pile backstop where I hunt - found multiple rounds that had gone 150+ yards back into the woods even after hitting several trees.