E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #2461
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Damn!!!! Can't you get more on Gunbroker anyway?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #2462
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Any experience with Thermold? I have seen mixed reviews. Some online have said they were terrible and others have said the 30/45 round mag is awesome?
I have no experience with them, but I trust Reedo's opinion on this. I have used USGI, Pmag, and Troy without any issues at all.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...postcount=2044

Last edited by Serbonze; 01-09-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #2463
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Got an email from bcm saying bcg were in stock at 3:04 clicked the link within 10 seconds of getting the email and they were sold out, my clock hadn't even changed to 3:05.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #2464
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Got an email from bcm saying bcg were in stock at 3:04 clicked the link within 10 seconds of getting the email and they were sold out, my clock hadn't even changed to 3:05.
I didn't even get the email!

Off-topic - nice to meet you and the girlfriend yesterday. Did you see any alligators?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #2465
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Argh so i guess the thermold ones I got aren't going to be that nice.. oh well, they are selling for 50+ a piece on gunbroker so I'll just profit off them and consider the pmags I ordered free

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #2466
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Argh so i guess the thermold ones I got aren't going to be that nice.. oh well, they are selling for 50+ a piece on gunbroker so I'll just profit off them and consider the pmags I ordered free
Let me ask you a question, and I really mean no disrespect. But do you plan on doing anything other than taking your AR to the range? If not, then don't worry about buying Pmags. Buy whatever you want. If you go to the range and one doesn't work, then toss it in the bag and move on.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #2467
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Neither did I People must be siting w/ the website open and auto refresh

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #2468
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

I just got the email one minute ago.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #2469
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:

Off-topic - nice to meet you and the girlfriend yesterday. Did you see any alligators?
Nice to meet you as well. We went back the same way we went...i mapped out alligator alley and it added 1hr 30 min to the drive

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Old 01-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #2470
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Quote:
Let me ask you a question, and I really mean no disrespect. But do you plan on doing anything other than taking your AR to the range? If not, then don't worry about buying Pmags. Buy whatever you want. If you go to the range and one doesn't work, then toss it in the bag and move on.
If I had to guess, most people (myself included) aren't going to use their ARs outside of a range or for a SHTF situation. I bought it as a fun toy that I can also use in case society breaks down and I need to defend myself. Then again, I have a variety of tools in my gun safe which fit that criteria.

I could also use it for various types of hunting, but in reality, I don't go hunting all that often and when I do, I'm hunting deer or turkey, not coyotes.

In the end, I would prefer mags that I know will work in a SHTF situation.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #2471
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVR JDM View Post
If I had to guess, most people (myself included) aren't going to use their ARs outside of a range or for a SHTF situation. I bought it as a fun toy that I can also use in case society breaks down and I need to defend myself. Then again, I have a variety of tools in my gun safe which fit that criteria.

I could also use it for various types of hunting, but in reality, I don't go hunting all that often and when I do, I'm hunting deer or turkey, not coyotes.

In the end, I would prefer mags that I know will work in a SHTF situation.

Both my ARs will be primarily used for the range and one will be tailored to home defense but I will make both dependable enough to be relied on in a SHTF scenario. I hope I never need to rely on my guns for survival and protection but I am building my second AR with the scenario in mind. Affecting my decisions as to the quality of the parts, barrel length, optics, etc. After I build my second AR, I am going to start buying some survival gear in the case of some crazy emergency when I need to GTFO of whereever I am. I am not a paranoid person but I do want to be prepared for all possible scenarios.

Cliff notes, I don't plan to ever need to protect myself with these, but I want them to be damn reliable and efficient if I ever do need them. No expenses spared when it comes to protecting my loved ones and I.

BTW, anyone near New Orleans, LA and interested in going shooting in the near future?

Last edited by Tom5933; 01-09-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Tom5933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #2472
bigugly

My Ride: things that go fast.
i almost never bring my guns to the range.... only for load development or to sight in a scope or something. they are exclusively used hunting/outdoors. they get left in the jeep and bounced around for 40+ miles across the dirt/pastures. they get kicked around/knocked around- hit against the fenders, dropped in the dirt/ thrown in the boats- covered in brackish or sea water. they are NOT safe queens. they have hickies/scratches and marks all over them. tools more than guns.

that being said- save for maybe 1 aluminum GI magazine that was run over by the jeep and the follower got stuck.... the ONLY issues i have had is WITH p-mags. especially if you leave them loaded without the little "dust cover" (feed lip holder-together-er).....

so i stick with what works- aluminum mags. im sure P-mags work well too, but i sure havent had the experience others have had with them.

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #2473
IdahoToyo

My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
I just got the email one minute ago.
Got it too

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #2474
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5933 View Post
Both my ARs will be primarily used for the range and one will be tailored to home defense but I will make both dependable enough to be relied on in a SHTF scenario. I hope I never need to rely on my guns for survival and protection but I am building my second AR with the scenario in mind. Affecting my decisions as to the quality of the parts, barrel length, optics, etc. After I build my second AR, I am going to start buying some survival gear in the case of some crazy emergency when I need to GTFO of whereever I am. I am not a paranoid person but I do want to be prepared for all possible scenarios.

Cliff notes, I don't plan to ever need to protect myself with these, but I want them to be damn reliable and efficient if I ever do need them. No expenses spared when it comes to protecting my loved ones and I.

BTW, anyone near New Orleans, LA and interested in going shooting in the near future?
Ill be in new Orleans on "business" going out to eat and drink and gamble some while driving to meet some ppl during the day Jan 21-24th. Maybe if i have a free day i can meet up,i won't have any of my toys with me though

Old 01-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #2475
Tom5933
<3s Euro-Spec

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Ill be in new Orleans on "business" going out to eat and drink and gamble some while driving to meet some ppl during the day Jan 21-24th. Maybe if i have a free day i can meet up,i won't have any of my toys with me though

Yea man, let me know and we can definitely head out to the range. A few of my friends have been wanting to go also and their guns include a Kimber 1911, Desert Eagle, and AK so we'll for sure have a good day haha. I still haven't gotten around to trying out my AR so i'm itching to go and shoot. I'm sure you could teach me a lot also considering i've never shot an AR. I'll PM you my cell number.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #2476
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Unless zombies rise...

Old 01-09-2013, 05:58 PM   #2477
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Forgive my ignorance....I assume that PMAG is a brand of an AR magazine correct? Are they all impossible to get, or only 30 rounders? Are 10 rounders still easy to get?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #2478
NFRs2000nyc

Edit, nevermind, I see they don't produce a 10 round from factory.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #2479
NFRs2000nyc

Stupid NJ with their 15 round limit. Why couldn't they make it 20 so that I don't need to buy modified magazines, but get ones straight from the factory?
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...20-round-pmag/
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #2480
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Forgive my ignorance....I assume that PMAG is a brand of an AR magazine correct? Are they all impossible to get, or only 30 rounders? Are 10 rounders still easy to get?
Pmags are made by magpul they currently make a 30rd mag with or without windows. They also make a 20rd mag. They just announced a 10rd mag which will be shipping soon. They are very hard to find right now. I would trust my life running their 30 round mags, I would not with their 20 round mags, they seem to have more issues from what I've heard.