E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #2481
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Got an email from bcm saying bcg were in stock at 3:04 clicked the link within 10 seconds of getting the email and they were sold out, my clock hadn't even changed to 3:05.
I got the email at 1:22pm CST. Just before I left the gym. Got home about 20min later and I was S.O.L.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #2482
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Pmags are made by magpul they currently make a 30rd mag with or without windows. They also make a 20rd mag. They just announced a 10rd mag which will be shipping soon. They are very hard to find right now. I would trust my life running their 30 round mags, I would not with their 20 round mags, they seem to have more issues from what I've heard.
Gotcha. Are they the only magazines worth a damn, or are their others that work pretty well? This will be a range only rifle for me (I really hope I never had to use it for home defense) but I still don't want to spend my time at the range dealing with constant malfunctions.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #2483
TSR6

My Ride: Keg Sled
Ok, I got my hands on some 30rd pmags today. Thanks for the PM's from a couple of you guys - I really appreciate it...

Gander Mountain HAS been getting shipments of them once a week at my local stores. If anyone needs tips on where to find them in Wisconsin, let me know, I have a couple good leads on which stores in S. WI have been getting pmags regularly. If you're willing to travel to one of these stores, you should be able to get your hands on some mags - possibly even still yet this week...
Old 01-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #2484
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Just an FYI. I have 8gi 30 round mags I'm looking to sell. 200 shipped if anyone is interested.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #2485
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
Ok, I got my hands on some 30rd pmags today. Thanks for the PM's from a couple of you guys - I really appreciate it...

Gander Mountain HAS been getting shipments of them once a week at my local stores. If anyone needs tips on where to find them in Wisconsin, let me know, I have a couple good leads on which stores in S. WI have been getting pmags regularly. If you're willing to travel to one of these stores, you should be able to get your hands on some mags - possibly even still yet this week...
Where?
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #2486
Whammy

My Ride: ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
Just an FYI. I have 8gi 30 round mags I'm looking to sell. 200 shipped if anyone is interested.

Sending PM....
Whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #2487
HiHoBrian

My Ride: 05 M3
Can somebody talk me off the ledge here? I'm watching too much news and I'm seeing my own gov officials come up with insane ideas to tax ammo 50% in the future. I live in CT so I will likely take a heavy hit from the Ban Goons. Because of this I feel the urgency to get a bulk shipment of 1000 or 2000 rounds of .556 just so I don't have to worry about what may happen in the coming months. It seems like the ship is already sailing past me with average prices for crap ammo at 75 cents a round plus shipping. Back ordering isn't even listed on most sites now with expected dates surpassing July. Do I NEED to be taken advantage of during my time of need,or should I chill out,buy what I need as I go and wait out the storm and hope Zombies don't show up soon?
(I have about 400 rounds .556 and a few hundred .40 and .22lr)

sent from my ATARI sc1224
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #2488
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
JonJon... any word from Delta3 Tactical?
Keep forgetting to call

Do it tomorrow but I'll email him tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #2489
TSR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy View Post
Where?
PM sent on WI pmag locations...
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #2490
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoBrian View Post
Can somebody talk me off the ledge here?
It's a hive brain mentality. What's happening is that the libs think that since Obammy got reelected, that it's open season on anything they want. Keep in mind, Obama is Santa Claus.
So, what happens is they think that gun laws will get passed because obviously Americans wanted Obammy as president, so obviously they want gun control. So, they think they can get their own stuff approved, despite most of it violating various laws and decisions, like McDonald v. Chicago, etc.
Otherwise, they think that if something gets shot down on a national level, at least they can get their own laws passed locally.

This is all exemplification of the real underlying reason- they are attempting to exploit a tragedy. They know that they have excellent ammo to exploit to get their agenda passed. Human kind is so easy to sway, and many people in this country are relatively ignorant or just outright stupid, so it's easy to get people on-board with the agenda. That, or to scare the rest into jumping on board. After the Sandy Hook incident, it's quite easy to convince people that Children are being massacred by the thousands every year, and it will only get worse.
Remember, during this election and the last one, there were scores of Obama voters interviewed by people ranging from Sean Hannity to Howard Stern to Jimmy Kimmel, and they all were absolutely clueless and had no clue about the real politics.

Basically, if any gun legislation passes, it's because politicians have exploited the stupidity, ignorance and indifference of the overall general public. It's like I always say- If people weren't so damn stupid, I wouldn't have a job.

Glock Armorer

Last edited by Reedo302; 01-09-2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #2491
TSR6

Quote:
Can somebody talk me off the ledge here? I'm watching too much news and I'm seeing my own gov officials come up with insane ideas to tax ammo 50% in the future. I live in CT so I will likely take a heavy hit from the Ban Goons. Because of this I feel the urgency to get a bulk shipment of 1000 or 2000 rounds of .556 just so I don't have to worry about what may happen in the coming months. It seems like the ship is already sailing past me with average prices for crap ammo at 75 cents a round plus shipping. Back ordering isn't even listed on most sites now with expected dates surpassing July. Do I NEED to be taken advantage of during my time of need,or should I chill out,buy what I need as I go and wait out the storm and hope Zombies don't show up soon?

Locally here in WI at the "big box" hunting/fishing retailers
.223 is $0.49/round + tax
5.56 $0.65/round + tax
Old 01-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #2492
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
It's a hive brain mentality. What's happening is that the libs think that since Obammy got reelected, that it's open season on anything they want. Keep in mind, Obama is Santa Claus.
So, what happens is they think that gun laws will get passed because obviously Americans wanted Obammy as president, so obviously they want gun control. So, they think they can get their own stuff approved, despite most of it violating various laws and decisions, like McDonald v. Chicago, etc.
Otherwise, they think that if something gets shot down on a national level, at least they can get their own laws passed locally.

This is all exemplification of the real underlying reason- they are attempting to exploit a tragedy. They know that they have excellent ammo to exploit to get their agenda passed. Human kind is so easy to sway, and many people in this country are relatively ignorant or just outright stupid, so it's easy to get people on-board with the agenda. That, or to scare the rest into jumping on board. After the Sandy Hook incident, it's quite easy to convince people that Children are being massacred by the thousands every year, and it will only get worse.
Remember, during this election and the last one, there were scores of Obama voters interviewed by people ranging from Sean Hannity to Howard Stern to Jimmy Kimmel, and they all were absolutely clueless and had no clue about the real politics.

Basically, if any gun legislation passes, it's because politicians have exploited the stupidity, ignorance and indifference of the overall general public. It's like I always say- If people weren't so damn stupid, I wouldn't have a job.
So basically you are saying to buy all the ammo you can get right?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 AM   #2493
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
According to Fox & Friends this morning, there are rumors NYC proposing a 1,000% tax on ammo. $5 bucks worth of tax on a single 556 round

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #2494
bigugly

My Ride: things that go fast.
:idiots:

good thing i reload

the only thing I can't fix is broken hearts.
https://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
I want to be your BMW products' authorized installation center in Houston.
bigugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #2495
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
I reload 9mm and .40 S&W currently. It looks like it might be time to expand my operation though.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #2496
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
So read this... what is the interpretation : http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...o-Registration

Affordable care act prohibits collection of data on legally owned firearms... ergo the government could not force anyone possessing a grandfathered firearm to provide fingerprints or other personal information?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #2497
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
According to Fox & Friends this morning, there are rumors NYC proposing a 1,000% tax on ammo. $5 bucks worth of tax on a single 556 round
I wouldn't laugh about it. They did it with cigarettes, they sure as hell would do something like this....like I said in the other thread...keep guns out of the hands of the poor.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #2498
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Quote:

Sorry to tell you this, but ammo is gone for 223/5.56. This whole rush is ridiculous. Makes me mad I did not get what I wanted earlier. That is my fault. Have nobody to blame but myself. The prices and availability have made me a believer now in the stack it deep mentality. People called the guy with over 2-3K rounds a nut job. What are you planning for a war? Now the same people are asking for him to sell them some. Not that it will ever happen, but in a SHTF we are all in trouble. I was trying to find some .22LR last night and even that is a month or more on back order. Made me sick to my stomach that we are in this position now. Get what you can...good luck!!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #2499
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigugly View Post
:idiots:

good thing i reload
Good luck finding primers and powder.

Glock Armorer

Old 01-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #2500
TSR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLAUDM3 View Post
Sorry to tell you this, but ammo is gone for 223/5.56.
Stores around me are getting 20 round & 100 round boxes nearly 2-3 times a week. They're selling out within about 48 hours of arrival, but they're still getting ammo...

I bought a 100 round box of American Eagle AR223 just yesterday...