E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #3001
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Dude, those are some good sights. I didn't know they made those. WTF- now I have to buy new sights.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:22 AM   #3002
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
I have a noveske upper I'll sell you for $4000 and a few pmags at $100 each. Do you still have the noveske lower?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using BimmerApp mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Dude, those are some good sights. I didn't know they made those. WTF- now I have to buy new sights.
Haha they just released them yesterday I think. What do you think makes them a benefit over the standard MBUS though? I'm curious

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:36 AM   #3003
Reedo302

The design so they don't stick out to the side when running the charging handle. Just a nice feature. I probably won't switch. Just picked up the new F30 today and wife is now watching my spending like a hawk.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #3004
david05111

Quote:
The design so they don't stick out to the side when running the charging handle. Just a nice feature. I probably won't switch. Just picked up the new F30 today and wife is now watching my spending like a hawk.
Whatttttttt?!?! Pictures man!

Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #3005
Reedo302

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...960571&page=13

Glock Armorer

Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #3006
david05111

Omg so pretty

Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #3007
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
Re: The General AR Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Omg so pretty
The car looks good too

Sent from my SGH-T999 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #3008
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
The car looks good too

Glock Armorer

Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM   #3009
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
What do you guys think of the Vortex Strikefire??? I'm not opposed to spending $400-$600 on a sight, but I've heard I should look into these...
Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #3010
Reedo302

Not if you can spend $400-$600.
The StrikeFire is a hobby optic, meaning that it is not designed to take any abuse. It will break, as it's cheap Chinese made junk. Vortex has some good quality products, but you have to get up to their Viper and Razor lines to get it. The StrikeFire does not work that well, and the glass has a very weird bluish green tint to it that is very noticeable. It's an anti-glare feature, but Aimpoint managed to do the same feature without any tinting of the glass view. The StrikeFire is what you buy to stick on a .22 trainer AR, or what the mall ninjas buy to put on their DPMS.
If you like the design type, go buy the Aimpoint PRO. Battery in the Aimpoint will last 30,000 hours, and the thing is bomb proof. Average price is around $415-440.

If you have the ability to buy a better sight, do so. Aimpoint is debatably the best you can get for an RDS (some people have other preferences).

Glock Armorer

Old 04-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #3011
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
i have a SPARC and enjoy it on my range rifle but it's no aimpoint.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #3012
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Reedo how does the grip on your guys HK 416s (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/894...artsfinder.com) compare to bcm gunfighters. Do you prefer one or the other. Anybody else that has used both grips please chime in as well.
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #3013
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
The General AR Discussion Thread

Quote:
The StrikeFire is a hobby optic, meaning that it is not designed to take any abuse. It will break, as it's cheap Chinese made junk. Vortex has some good quality products, but you have to get up to their Viper and Razor lines to get it. The StrikeFire does not work that well, and the glass has a very weird bluish green tint to it that is very noticeable. It's an anti-glare feature, but Aimpoint managed to do the same feature without any tinting of the glass view. The StrikeFire is what you buy to stick on a .22 trainer AR, or what the mall ninjas buy to put on their DPMS.
If you like the design type, go buy the Aimpoint PRO. Battery in the Aimpoint will last 30,000 hours, and the thing is bomb proof. Average price is around $415-440.

If you have the ability to buy a better sight, do so. Aimpoint is debatably the best you can get for an RDS (some people have other preferences).
+1.

I finally got my aimpoint pro zeroed in this weekend. I love it.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #3014
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Reedo how does the grip on your guys HK 416s (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/894...artsfinder.com) compare to bcm gunfighters. Do you prefer one or the other. Anybody else that has used both grips please chime in as well.
The rear palmswell on the HK grip is a lot more substantial. I prefer the BCM over the HK grip, but the HK grip is better IMO than the MIAD/MOE. The rake/angle of the grip is pretty similar. I haven't measured, but it's close.
...and in keeping with HK's desire to let people know that they hate them and think they suck, the HK416 grip cost $70.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-30-2013, 10:04 PM   #3015
david05111

Quote:
The rear palmswell on the HK grip is a lot more substantial. I prefer the BCM over the HK grip, but the HK grip is better IMO than the MIAD/MOE. The rake/angle of the grip is pretty similar. I haven't measured, but it's close.
...and in keeping with HK's desire to let people know that they hate them and think they suck, the HK416 grip cost $70.
Ridiculous...absolutely ridiculous

Old 04-30-2013, 10:09 PM   #3016
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:

You really dislike DPMS, don't you? Not saying I don't agree, it's just funny haha!

Last edited by BMW_Matt; 04-30-2013 at 10:09 PM.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 AM   #3017
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
You really dislike DPMS, don't you? Not saying I don't agree, it's just funny haha!
DPMS was actually a somewhat legit brand back in the day, but they've gone WAY downhill. I have one from 2004 that ran pretty well before I eviscerated it and rebuilt it into my 18" SPR.
My biggest problem is with all the LE agencies here in Minnesota that do business with DPMS because they get lured in by DPMS, which is a local MN company. DPMS undercuts every manufacturer when making LE price quotes in MN, so the bean counters think that since all ARs are the same ( ), that they should just get DPMS. There is a laundry list of LE agencies in MN that have had to send their rifles back to DPMS for everything under the sun. The most common issues are the "5.56" barrels that can only shoot .223, and the general ineptitude of their staff. Failure to fix broken or substandard components, lack of knowledge, misinformation to the public about things like their BS claiming that FA BCGs are an NFA item, stuff like that. There are a LOT of unhappy LE agencies with DPMS rifles, and I've worked on some of those rifles.

Glock Armorer

Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #3018
boostedisbetter

My Ride: 03 S2000
Thanks for the info reedo, I'll check out the aimpoint PRO.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #3019
budman
-not a mod-

My Ride: is your mom
Send a message via AIM to budman Send a message via Yahoo to budman
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/01...est=latestnews

Quote:
SHINGLETON, Mich. – Police say an Iraq War veteran thwarted two would-be burglars at his northern Michigan gas station by kicking one of them and ordering them away with an AR-15 rifle.

State police said Shawn Schank was inside the gas station about 4:10 a.m. Sunday in Shingleton, an Upper Peninsula community in Alger County, when two people wearing ski masks forced their way into the building and approached the cash register.

Police say Schank kicked one of them, retrieved the AR-15 from his office and ordered the burglars to leave.

Police say one of the burglars took off his mask and pleaded with Schank not to shoot him before both suspects fled on foot.

Police say they arrested a 17-year-old from Shingleton and an 18-year-old from Munising. They're jailed pending charges.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #3020
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by budman View Post
Doesn't say whether or not the burglars had any weapons. Regardless I laughed out loud when I read "he kicked one of them". As I imagine if was a 360 kick to the chest that sent him back into the chip stack, thus causing chips to fly all over.

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote