E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 AM   #741
itzdylan24

My Ride: Not a BMW
Send a message via AIM to itzdylan24
Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
Wait, I thought you could buy a complete lower under 21, since it has a stock and therefore can never be converted to a pistol...it's essentially a rifle/long gun.

The reason you can't buy a stripped one is beause it really hasn't been designated as a rifle/long gun yet and could still be made into a pistol. Maybe I'm wrong though...
I just read somewhere that the ATF defines a rifle as one with a barrel
nothing official, but i wont argue. There were some FFL's that did sell complete lowers as rifles but got a call from atf auditors
itzdylan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #742
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Anybody have experience with the bad ass ambi safety selector? Thinking about picking one up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #743
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
No experience with it but lots of people have said they're good.

I have two of the new Noveske 60 degree selectors on order. They reduce the 90 degree throw, which should help for someone with stubby fingers like mine.
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin...status=&title=

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:41 PM   #744
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

I was considering the noveske ones as well. They were my top 2 choices right now

Old 08-15-2012, 01:52 PM   #745
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Anybody have experience with the bad ass ambi safety selector? Thinking about picking one up
I've read nothing but good reviews on them.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:15 PM   #746
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Pistol ar until I get my stamp
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1345166105.864409.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	465292  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #747
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
Quote:
Pistol ar until I get my stamp
Planning on possibly doing this myself on one of my stripped lowers. Only have to assemble it for a second for it to be a pistol, then can convert to rifle and back

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #748
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

1000rd of xm193 for $275 plus shipping pretty cheap these days

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemD...aspx?sku=57281
Old 09-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #749
david05111

Quote:
1000rd of xm193 for $275 plus shipping pretty cheap these days

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemD...aspx?sku=57281
1) Price in link is significantly higher.

2) I ordered 500 or 1000 rounds of M193 from them back in April or so when it was back ordered and never received the stuff. Hell, I think they actually canceled the order without notice because I can't find any record of it.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #750
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
1) Price in link is significantly higher.

2) I ordered 500 or 1000 rounds of M193 from them back in April or so when it was back ordered and never received the stuff. Hell, I think they actually canceled the order without notice because I can't find any record of it.
Sold out already was $300 shipped this morning

Old 09-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #751
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

SBR lower approved this morning! now to wait for the stamp then to pick up the lower!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #752
david05111

Quote:
SBR lower approved this morning! now to wait for the stamp then to pick up the lower!
Congrats Adam! The next few days a going to be hell for you haha.

I wish I could get out and blast again. I was actually diagnosed with Mono yesterday, so I've been in some serious shit lately. No shooting for me for a while

Old 09-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #753
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Congrats Adam! The next few days a going to be hell for you haha.

I wish I could get out and blast again. I was actually diagnosed with Mono yesterday, so I've been in some serious shit lately. No shooting for me for a while
Feel better man. Thats rough. I have to wait for the shop to get the stamp which took about 1-1.5 weeks last time. Ill probably go down the week after next and pick up the lower.

I also sent my upper to Daniel Defense since I couldn't get ANY attachments to slide on the end. Their customer service was awesome and great to deal with once I got in touch with somebody(had to call,email and facebook before getting through). But the gentleman I talked to was super helpful and I measured the rail and it seemed to wide per their specs. He sent me a return label with little questions asked and told me to send the whole upper in and they would replace the rail and install it for me then ship it back. They received it wednesday, still havent heard from them but if they follow through they will have a customer for life. I'll pick up a couple upper/lower parts from them for my next build.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:25 PM   #754
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Congrats! Did you the levers?

Did you work with Jeff at DD?
Old 09-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #755
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
Congrats! Did you the levers?

Did you work with Jeff at DD?
Im hoping they should be in my mailbox today when I get home from work.

I did work with Jeff ha...He was a great guy deal to deal with and very helpful. He actually had me measure the rail with a micrometer to save about a week off the turnaround time because he didn't want me to be without a gun. He gave me the specs they should be .830 - .8305, mine measure .835 on the printing presses next to me micrometer. Called him back and within an hour i had the shipping label in my email.

If companies/business treat me right I will go out of my way to give them business and support them.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #756
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

Jeff was great to work with, just make sure that you stay in top of him when it's time to mail it back. He's the only QC guy that they have, and he's a bit overwhelmed.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #757
shwagon
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325it 5-speed
Love the guys at DD! This is quoted from my build thread:

Quote:
After over a month of waiting/trying to contact Tommy at smartgunner.com (and getting vague responses about "your order should ship out soon") I decided to contact Daniel Defense myself...

First of all I want to commend Daniel Defense on the customer service I received from them. Long story short, My order was misplaced (on the dealers side) and was never placed with DD. I was treated with the up-most respect and received the highest customer service possible from Joe and Bill at DD who did everything possible to track down my order (keep in mind that the order was placed with a third party).

They have now expedited my build and I should see it in another week or so. I'm really pissed with smartgunner.com mainly bc I had contacted him numerous times about the order and instead of actually checking on it, he brushed it off and told me it should ship soon
My Gun Builds: AR-15, GSG-522-SD, Saiga 308
shwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #758
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwagon View Post
Love the guys at DD! This is quoted from my build thread:
I had a shitty time with smartgunner too...took them a couple months for my mesa rail he told me would ship within a week or 2. It was a nightmare to get answers from him
Old 09-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #759
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
I'm glad to see DD took care of you. They have a much deserved reputation for excellent CS.
I use components from companies like DD, Noveske, LaRue and BCM because they have excellent quality, but also because I know they're going to solve any problem I have without question. I have experienced CS from those companies first-hand, and I've been nothing but thoroughly impressed and satisfied.
It's not like when I've called places like DPMS where it's some dumbass reading from a script and telling me I don't know what I'm talking about.
I've talked to DD about their barrels, and again another time about their rails. To say that I was thoroughly impressed with their knowledge about their products is an understatement. Companies like DD stand out because of that excellent service. Glad to see they are resolving it.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel

Last edited by Reedo302; 09-07-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #760
david05111

So I'm sick ugh.

I'm extremely bored being pretty much quarantined to my apartment. To keep myself occupied, I'm considering building a midlength AR for a girl friend of mine. I figure the advantage of the midlength system in terms of recoil impulse is probably important here; she's pretty tiny.

I'm basically just looking to do a solid, but cheap build. I could buy an off the shelf rifle like a S&W, which was a great rifle, but there's a certain joy in building one and its a little more personal. I'd like to keep it under $1000 without optics, but with irons. If I have to go over, I'll go over, but would prefer not to.

I figured:

Stripped lower (Spikes or something similar)
Spikes Enhanced LPK
Milspec tube, H buffer, standard strength spring
Magpul MOE+ grip
CTR or Emod/Imod stock
Magpul MBUS

I need ideas on the upper. See, normally, I would have just bought a used Colt 6920 upper and had been done with it. But that's a carbine length system. I'd like the upper to be a midlength system, with milspec stuff (m4 feedramps, etc.) and I'd like it to be light. I think that light weight/soft recoil is important in this case, as the girl is under 120 pounds.

Anybody have any ideas? I've heard BCM makes some nice mid-length systems but other than knowing they're a fantastic company, i don't know anything else. I'm probably at around $500-$700 for the upper at this point. I will be over budget I suspect, but that's about the max I feel like putting in it. It's not supposed to be perfect, just a nice AR.

EDIT: And considering I could grab a brand new Colt or a DDm4 for between $1200 and $1500, I'm really trying to get below those numbers.

Last edited by david05111; 09-07-2012 at 11:05 PM.