E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #121
Chris-TK

My Ride: Mk VI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by serbonze View Post
i was looking at my rifles, and i think that i would like to try to break up the color from all black to something that may help to blend in with the local environment here in florida. Truth be told, there really isn't anything around here that is all black. So keeping in mind rail covers, grip, stock, pmags, and some paint, what do you think is the best color for florida?

fde
Old 09-03-2011, 05:04 PM   #122
M3_POWER

My Ride: 2005 M3
Just got back from the range and I must say, I fawking love my Battle Comp! Put around 300 rounds into it. My groupings were a lot tighter and my sight picture/red dot hardly moved. Before, after I shot, my sight picture would kick up and to the right; not anymore!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #123
Chris-TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_POWER View Post
Just got back from the range and I must say, I fawking love my Battle Comp! Put around 300 rounds into it. My groupings were a lot tighter and my sight picture/red dot hardly moved. Before, after I shot, my sight picture would kick up and to the right; not anymore!
What's the differences between the BC 1, 1.5 and 2? I haven't researched them enough to know.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:01 PM   #124
M3_POWER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-TK View Post
What's the differences between the BC 1, 1.5 and 2? I haven't researched them enough to know.
2.0 same as the 1.0, except it can be used with a suppressor meant for the A2. 1.5 is permanent.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #125
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
I was looking at my rifles, and I think that I would like to try to break up the color from all black to something that may help to blend in with the local environment here in Florida. Truth be told, there really isn't anything around here that is all black. So keeping in mind rail covers, grip, stock, pmags, and some paint, what do you think is the best color for Florida?

Black is a horrible color for concealment or camouflage.
Foliage Green is a fantastic color for general use. FDE is good for dead or dry grass areas. You really have to come down to personal preference. The one big thing is that Magpul tends to have slightly different color hues/shades than other companies. Foliage and OD green are closer, but FDE tends to be a bit different.

Quote:
Told ya. Pretty sweet huh?

Quote:
As M3_Power pointed out, the 2.0 is for suppressor adaptation. It has the same dimensions of the 1.0, which has the same exterior dimensions in size as an A2 flash hider, which extends out 1" past the muzzle. The 2.0 has a slight cosmetic difference by having little channels on the exterior, but they are part of the design so that gas can escape properly into an attached suppressor. The 1.5 is 1.5" long and designed to be pinned/welded onto a 14.5" barrel to make it NFA compliant.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 06:09 PM   #126
Chris-TK

My next build might need a BC 2.0
Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 PM   #127
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Think I'm finally decided on my ar build, going to be expensive but I think I will be extremely happy and satisfied.

Mega stripped lower
Noveske 16" barrel
Yhm diamond series rifle length free float rail
Spikes m4 upper receiver
Spikes nickel boron bcg
Spikes enchanted lpk w/ combat trigger
Spikes dynacomp muzzle break
Magpul od green ubr stock
Magpul miad od green grip
od green pmags
Magpul billet trigger guard
Enough magpul xtm panels in all 4 colors to do a multi color rail
Magpul vfg od green
Magpul afg od green

Still need to decide on
Charging handle
Buis(Troy maybe)
Optics(nikon m223 4-12 maybe)

I'll post pictures as I get everything

Last edited by Adam@Euro-Spec; 09-05-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Adam@Euro-Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:00 AM   #128
Chris-TK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Think I'm finally decided on my ar build, going to be expensive but I think I will be extremely happy and satisfied.

Mega stripped lower
Noveske 16" barrel
Spikes m4 upper receiver
Spikes nickel boron bcg
od green pmags
Magpul vfg od green
Magpul afg od green

Still need to decide on
Charging handle
Buis(Troy maybe)

Using vertical grip AND an angled grip?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #129
Reedo302

Quote:

Mega stripped lower
Noveske 16" barrel
Spikes m4 upper receiver
Spikes nickel boron bcg
od green pmags
Magpul vfg od green
Magpul afg od green

Still need to decide on
Charging handle
Buis(Troy maybe)

There are only two legitimate options for a quality charging handle:
BCM Gunfighter
PRI Gasbuster
If it helps any, the last rifle class I was at had 21 people, and I think ~15 were running BCM Gunfighters. There is a reason for that. Medium is the best overall, but a large is good too if you don't wear a lot of kit (vest, body armor, etc) to get the latch caught on. Unless someone develops a magical charging handle that is made from unicorn farts and gypsy tears, I will probably own a BCM Gunfighter in every AR I own for the rest of my life.

BUIS are somewhat unnecessary if you are running a magnified optic. You cannot run them both together. If you want to run sights just in case, you have several options. Troys are fantastic sights, but it's wasted money if you are likely never going to use them. Save your money and buy a set of Magpul MBUS Gen2 sights.

Pmags- Make sure you buy the windowed PMAGs.

Nikon M-223 series are equivalent to the Leupold MarkAR series. Nikon tends to give you more desirable optical quality for your money, but just make sure to check out the MarkAR series for comparison's sake. I would also recommend looking into the Burris Fullfield Tactical and Burris Fullfield TAC-30.
If you invest in a scope, invest in a quality mount. For lesser expensive mounts, the Nikon M223 and Burris PEPR mounts are decent. LaRue, ADM, USO and BOBRO are the best options on the market, but you'll pay for them.

Glock Armorer

Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #130
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Using vertical grip AND an angled grip?
Rofl yup...no but I'm getting both pretty cheap so I can determine which one I'm more comfortable using.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #131
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
BCM Gunfighter
PRI Gasbuster
If it helps any, the last rifle class I was at had 21 people, and I think ~15 were running BCM Gunfighters. There is a reason for that. Medium is the best overall, but a large is good too if you don't wear a lot of kit (vest, body armor, etc) to get the latch caught on. Unless someone develops a magical charging handle that is made from unicorn farts and gypsy tears, I will probably own a BCM Gunfighter in every AR I own for the rest of my life.

BUIS are somewhat unnecessary if you are running a magnified optic. You cannot run them both together. If you want to run sights just in case, you have several options. Troys are fantastic sights, but it's wasted money if you are likely never going to use them. Save your money and buy a set of Magpul MBUS Gen2 sights.

Pmags- Make sure you buy the windowed PMAGs.

Nikon M-223 series are equivalent to the Leupold MarkAR series. Nikon tends to give you more desirable optical quality for your money, but just make sure to check out the MarkAR series for comparison's sake. I would also recommend looking into the Burris Fullfield Tactical and Burris Fullfield TAC-30.
If you invest in a scope, invest in a quality mount. For lesser expensive mounts, the Nikon M223 and Burris PEPR mounts are decent. LaRue, ADM, USO and BOBRO are the best options on the market, but you'll pay for them.
I was leaning toward the bcm gunfighter. I looked at the pri too but think I'll go with the bcm. Definitely getting windowed pmags, got 3 yesterday ( thanks Curtis).

Thanks for the advice
Old 09-06-2011, 09:44 PM   #132
M3_POWER

Quote:
BCM Gunfighter
PRI Gasbuster
This. I love my BCM charging handle. I was about to get the large but went with the medium, and I'm sure glad I did. Unless you have giant hands.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:46 PM   #133
M3_POWER

Quote:
Rofl yup...no but I'm getting both pretty cheap so I can determine which one I'm more comfortable using.
Dude, AJ, I just bought an AFG. I will sell you my vertical grip dirt cheap. Only used it once.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:47 PM   #134
M3_POWER

Quote:
I was leaning toward the bcm gunfighter. I looked at the pri too but think I'll go with the bcm. Definitely getting windowed pmags, got 3 yesterday ( thanks Curtis).

Thanks for the advice
Curtis has the hook ups with PMAGS? Hook it up Curtis! How much did you get them for?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:17 PM   #135
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Curtis has the hook ups with PMAGS? Hook it up Curtis! How much did you get them for?
He got about a dozen with his ar, so I got a few off him. What color is the vfg? I'm getting dealer pricing on everything except the barrel and rail I think. So that definitely saves some cash.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:24 PM   #136
M3_POWER

Quote:
He got about a dozen with his ar, so I got a few off him. What color is the vfg? I'm getting dealer pricing on everything except the barrel and rail I think. So that definitely saves some cash.
Geez, a dozen hahaha.... Oh yeah you're going with OD green. It's black. Waiting to see how the OD scheme looks. Always liked that color, and if I like yours, I may just have to get all new parts in OD....

Last edited by M3_POWER; 09-06-2011 at 10:32 PM.
M3_POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #137
Reedo302

Quote:
This. I love my BCM charging handle. I was about to get the large but went with the medium, and I'm sure glad I did. Unless you have giant hands.
The Large handles work great with magnified optics. If you are running a scope, you need an extended charging handle latch.

Glock Armorer

Old 09-08-2011, 08:11 AM   #138
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Any ideas on the best cheapest place to find a noveske 16.1 recon barrel w/o switch block.
Rainier arms has it for around $450.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM   #139
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange

My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Quote:

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:25 AM   #140
Reedo302

Quote:
XM193 is capable of 4MOA out of a typical carbine, which meets the mil standard. XM193 is capable of better than that out of accurate rifles. I think it can do 1.5 MOA. ASYM and Southwest Ammunition both have an accurate 55gr range round that likely will do better. M855 has the same accuracy. If you want accurate 62gr loads, look for Mk318 SOST ammo from Federal/Lake City. It is a match 62gr BTHP combat/DMR round made for the Marine Corps.
I have to make a caveat to this. If you get ahold of M855 ammunition, make sure it's ATK/Federal ammunition, and not Winchester. Winchester used to own the Lake City AAP rights and lost it when their M855 ammo could not shoot better than 8 MOA. Army requirements demanded 4MOA accuracy, so ATK was given the Lake City contract.

Glock Armorer