E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #1501
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

My Ride: is slowww
Send a message via AIM to Adam@Euro-Spec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
DD is including them now? WHAT THE BUTT!?!?! I had to buy my AR15 LITE rail wrench for $10.

That BCM photo has a lot of people guessing. Tomorrow could be interesting. Best info I've heard is that it may be a BCM Travis Haley/Haley Strategic rifle, possibly with a bunch of Geissele stuff like rail and trigger.

That's what I'm leaning towards. That rail definitely looks like my smr mk i rail.

Least $10 dd wrench is not like kac who doesn't include their $250 wrench for urx 3 rails. I wanted one until i learned about that.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Bimmer App
Adam@Euro-Spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #1502
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg2MjkxOTE2.html

link to a video about the new bcm rifle.

they also talk about bcm's new compensator

Last edited by Sentaruu; 12-09-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Sentaruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:16 PM   #1503
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Picture I found on arfcom
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1355098606.466965.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	481456  
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #1504
dfjaws

My Ride: '08 E90 M3 / '02 Z3
That looks great! I'm warming up to that weapon light. At first I didn't care for it very much but that's changing.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #1505
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Euro-Spec View Post
Least $10 dd wrench is not like kac who doesn't include their $250 wrench for urx 3 rails. I wanted one until i learned about that.
It's usually about $114-$130 depending on where you buy it. Still recockulous. I plan on buying it eventually at some point because I want a KAC URX III rail. The 9" .300BLK upper I want to get has one, so might need one as a precaution anyways.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #1506
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Well, the full specs are out on the BCM/HSP "signature" line. Overall I think it looks good, but three things would keep me from picking on up (besides the fact that I don't need it).

No hammer forged barrel.
14.5" mid length with a permenantly attached muzzle device
10" rail

ETA: I understand the reasoning behind their choices, since this will be in standard production, I just don't like it.

I really like the new Inforce Light offering. I've been looking for another X300 for my SBR, but I think this might be something to try instead.

Last edited by Serbonze; 12-10-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Serbonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #1507
Reedo302

BCM's standard barrels are proving to be extremely durable barrels that can take a beating. My biggest beef is that it's a 14.5" barrel. I know that there would be nothing I'd need to change on it, but it bothers me that I can't do any maintenance on it. BCM has mentioned several times that the 14.5" setup is a marketing move. I wish they'd go to 16" barrels. I know that if they produced it, people would buy it. Even the people that bitched about it would still line up to buy it.

I figured that BCM was going to make an HSP rifle, and that it was only a matter of time. The downside to this is that they're going to get the same thing that LaRue got with their Costa rifle, which is a massive demand for the rifle. Not just that, but for all rifles. LaRue had massive sales in all of their PredatOBR rifles. I can see BCM having high demand for this HSP rifle, but then I think we're going to see an increase in demand for their other rifles. This is going to tax an already stressed supply system, and wait times are going to skyrocket. I was hoping to pick up a BCM lower this year, but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #1508
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Pat Rogers said that bcm is going to start rolling out a line of rifles that are similar. Ie I'm guessing maybe a Rogers specific or other instructor specific rifles.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #1509
Rush4theYehO

My Ride: XI fts(now)
Quote:
Pat Rogers said that bcm is going to start rolling out a line of rifles that are similar. Ie I'm guessing maybe a Rogers specific or other instructor specific rifles.

Didn't bcm already roll out a Rogers specific rifle? Or was it just am endotsent from pat Rogers?

Bcm ftw. I absolutely love mine.
Rush4theYehO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #1510
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush4theYehO View Post
Didn't bcm already roll out a Rogers specific rifle? Or was it just am endotsent from pat Rogers?

Bcm ftw. I absolutely love mine.
Eag and hs gun but he hinted in lightfighter there were more options like the jack rifle coming out soon.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #1511
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

The stock is very interesting and will be very reasonable only $60 i might pick one up to try out. Similar to sopmod with no storage and back is apparently curved slightly different

Old 12-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #1512
Reedo302

Supposedly, B5 bought the rights to the SOPMOD stock from LMT. Whatever the case, B5 is marketing it for half the cost of what LMT was, which is a win in my book.

BCM is going to market a stripped down lighter weight "MOE" type EAG carbine. Pat has been offering them in his courses for a little while now as T&E guns. I know rifle #48 is the EAG LW rifle, but I think he may have a couple more.

Glock Armorer

Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #1513
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Supposedly, B5 bought the rights to the SOPMOD stock from LMT. Whatever the case, B5 is marketing it for half the cost of what LMT was, which is a win in my book.

BCM is going to market a stripped down lighter weight "MOE" type EAG carbine. Pat has been offering them in his courses for a little while now as T&E guns. I know rifle #48 is the EAG LW rifle, but I think he may have a couple more.
I might buy on of the uppers for my gf next year. $725 for a complete upper with bcg/ch and you get a $100 off EAG class.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-E...uh-eag2-hs.htm

Im sure youve read this but anybody else thats a member on lightfighter might want to check it out

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a.../m/72420636073

I just hate everything is 14.5, I don't see the point for an extra 1.5" of having a perm attached muzzle device. Why.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:34 PM   #1514
CollinsE90

My Ride: 330i
Looking to start a basic build. What upper and lower should I get that isn't too expensive. Or should I say what manufacturer of the upper and lower.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #1515
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Looking to start a basic build. What upper and lower should I get that isn't too expensive. Or should I say what manufacturer of the upper and lower.
Dont you hang out around baltimore a lot? maybe? within a month or so..ill have a 10.5, 16, and 18 ar you can shoot if you want to get a feel for what you like..

How much are you looking to spend and how big of a rush are you in to find parts(finding stuff in stock is fun)

BCM
Larue
Colt
Noveske
LMT
Daniel Defense

Will all treat you well, depending on your budget and what your after.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #1516
CollinsE90

I plan on just buying the upper and lower to begin with, and make it a buy-over-time project. So I guess 700-800 preferably for just that. I just don't want to buy one cheaply made that are pre-made like an M&P or the likes.

edit:when I say upper and lower, I mean a complete upper and lower already built.

edit 2: is it even worth buying a complete upper, complete lower, and mag? Or should it be from complete scratch?

Last edited by CollinsE90; 12-10-2012 at 04:46 PM.
CollinsE90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #1517
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
I just hate everything is 14.5, I don't see the point for an extra 1.5" of having a perm attached muzzle device. Why.

From a business perspective, it makes sense. If you only offer a pinned and welded 14.5", you can sell it anywhere.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #1518
CollinsE90

Looking at Del-Ton's, any insight?
Old 12-10-2012, 05:52 PM   #1519
Adam@Euro-Spec
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
From a business perspective, it makes sense. If you only offer a pinned and welded 14.5", you can sell it anywhere.
That makes sense...most compliant in most states. Guess for business and marketing it's the best way to go. Maybe once I settle down and decide on the muzzle device I like most ill try out a 14.5"

Quote:
I plan on just buying the upper and lower to begin with, and make it a buy-over-time project. So I guess 700-800 preferably for just that. I just don't want to buy one cheaply made that are pre-made like an M&P or the likes.

edit:when I say upper and lower, I mean a complete upper and lower already built.

edit 2: is it even worth buying a complete upper, complete lower, and mag? Or should it be from complete scratch?
Quote:
Looking at Del-Ton's, any insight?

The bolded statements don't make sense.. You don't want cheaply made but your looking at del-ton. S&W is 10000x better then del-ton or dpms or olympic IMO. If you want a reasonably priced good ar15 check out the S&W M&P line. They will probably be your best bang for the buck in the 700-900 range. A little more money and you can get a nice colt for around $1100.
Troy has an ar15 for around $750 but I don't know much about it, maybe somebody else can chime in on it...im hoping they didn't slap their name on complete junk. If it's like other troy products it should be a decent rifle. You can probably build a gun with a BCM upper for around 1000-1200 too which would be good.
I have found building a gun ends up costing a lot more, well in my experience at least.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #1520
FTLAUDM3

My Ride: M3, Z4
Collins - M&P's are actually not bad. The sport model is cheap, but has no dust cover or forward assist. The next model includes those but costs more. As for cost 800 is middle road. Not bad, but not great. This is what I would do...

Any mil spec lower - they are mostly the same. Just have different graphics. Cost is from $75-150
LPK - 70-150 - need buffer tube, spring and buffer as well
Upper - you can go cheap with a Palmetto State Armory or pay up and get a BCM. I have both.....there is a difference, but they both work 350-800 if you want a rail - cheap ones on amazon work if ur on a budget
BCG - I use BCM and have not had an issue. Worth the few bucks - 150
Charging handle - I like BCM mod 3 or 4, but they all do the same thing - 45
Furniture - Magpul - its cheap and works. I would get the CTR stock - way less wiggle - prices vary on choices - 150 for everything
Magazines - pmag all the way - 15

Last edited by FTLAUDM3; 12-10-2012 at 06:02 PM.
FTLAUDM3 is online now   Reply With Quote