E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,126
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
my secret to quick weight loss

after losing 40 pounds last year and returning to my college day weight from 10 years ago (from 210 to 170), i didn't think i could lose more weight
but i found the secret...

get food poisoning ...
3 times within a month


everyone's been telling me i look like i lost even more weight after i came back from my korea/vietnam trip
i got sick twice during the trip (diarrhea in vietnam that lasted about 2 days, vomiting and diarrhea in korea that lasted 2 days and then lingered for almost a week)
then i was fine for about 3 weeks
i weighed myself last friday - 174lbs ... which has been pretty average for me in the past few months
then i got EXTREMELY sick on friday night after eating some undercooked pork
i was puking and pooping at the same time, sweating and seeing stars with a ringing head and sharp pain in abdomen

i weigh 166lbs now for 2 days in a row
my body is starting to look too skinny now
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:29 AM   #2
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
good job man. Keep it up lol.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 AM   #3
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
A tape worm will do that.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
Devious1
Invalid User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 10,830
My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
so i should eat a lot of under cooked pork then throw up and shyt out of my ass as the same time... got it.
__________________
Devious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
330i ZHP
Registered User
 
330i ZHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 21,769
My Ride: have 5 doors and FI
Send a message via AIM to 330i ZHP Send a message via Yahoo to 330i ZHP
Gross
__________________
/_________\
OO=[][]=OO
330i ZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #6
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious1 View Post
so i should eat a lot of under cooked pork then throw up and shyt out of my ass as the same time... got it.
do you not see this as sarcastic?
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #7
s13rb26dett
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: chicago
Posts: 24
My Ride: 240sx,e46 soon..
Send a message via Skype™ to s13rb26dett
Same thing as that alli pills

Sent from my PC36100
s13rb26dett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:00 PM   #8
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
You basically just got an enema and a ton of dehydration.

Your weight will be back to normal in 2 weeks tops.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
You basically just got an enema and a ton of dehydration.

Your weight will be back to normal in 2 weeks tops.
you're not taking in to consideration all the food his body didn't digest. It's not just water when you can't keep any food down.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #10
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,126
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
I starved for a full 24hours and then barely ate some gruel for 2 days
I had my first real meal last night (but not as much as i'd normally eat)
i don't even want to lose more weight but i can't help it
my stomach and intestines just don't feel right
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
you're not taking in to consideration all the food his body didn't digest. It's not just water when you can't keep any food down.
Yeah, you can easily lose weight if you barely eat for 3-5 days... but that weight is gained back so quickly because his metabolism is basically going to be 'shut down' while he consumes food over the next week.

His body is in panic mode, and its going to try and burn as little as possible of what he eats. Its going to store as much as possible.

I've gotten food poisoning, sh1tting my brains out and vomitting... all I did for 3 days was keep my fluids up and eat soup and sh1t, I dropped almost 10lbs. When I was able to eat normally my normal body weight almost instantly came back.


I know this is a 'joke' thread, but the weight loss won't last. This is why anorexia leads to bulimia... the less you eat the more you're metabolism drops... so you have to keep eating less and less because your body will continue to store as much as possible. Then the physical starvation becomes too much, and they HAVE to eat... so they throw it up to avoid the slowed metabolism adding weight.

Sh1ts crazy.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #12
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by DME46 View Post
Yeah, you can easily lose weight if you barely eat for 3-5 days... but that weight is gained back so quickly because his metabolism is basically going to be 'shut down' while he consumes food over the next week.

His body is in panic mode, and its going to try and burn as little as possible of what he eats. Its going to store as much as possible.

I've gotten food poisoning, sh1tting my brains out and vomitting... all I did for 3 days was keep my fluids up and eat soup and sh1t, I dropped almost 10lbs. When I was able to eat normally my normal body weight almost instantly came back.


I know this is a 'joke' thread, but the weight loss won't last. This is why anorexia leads to bulimia... the less you eat the more you're metabolism drops... so you have to keep eating less and less because your body will continue to store as much as possible. Then the physical starvation becomes too much, and they HAVE to eat... so they throw it up to avoid the slowed metabolism adding weight.

Sh1ts crazy.
lol yeah last time I was really sick I pissed 7 lbs out of my ass over night.
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Schrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. John USVI
Posts: 87
My Ride: Floaties
Moral of the story, cook your pork and you will still have solid sh!t.
__________________
Schrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
lol yeah last time I was really sick I pissed 7 lbs out of my ass over night.


"piss out my ass" I love that line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock View Post
Moral of the story, cook your pork and you will still have solid sh!t.
Or just cover your raw food in flax seed meal.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #15
Devious1
Invalid User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cerritos, CA
Posts: 10,830
My Ride: 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Devious1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
do you not see this as sarcastic?
are you telling me i just ate raw pork for no reason?!
__________________
Devious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:45 PM   #16
BMW_Matt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,066
My Ride: Has AWD
As DME said, you will be back to what you used to weight fairly quickly.

I got the flu over the xmas break, lost 10 lbs, lost creatine saturation, all my lifts went down at least 20 lbs...Within a week and a half of eating back properly, working out, and hydrating I was back to where I was before if not a little ahead.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
E462NV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Cali
Posts: 355
My Ride: e46 5spd sedan
Not a really good or healthy way to lose weight but hey it worked out for you so congrats! I guess...lol
__________________
** '07 Armada LE l '00 GS300 l '93 Talon TSi l ^would u? **
E462NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #18
Green_Shine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North
Posts: 373
My Ride: Back seat riding
Uncooked pork = great chance of catching a parasitic worm.
__________________
Green_Shine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:42 PM   #19
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,126
My Ride: a franken-e46 325i
how do i test for worms?
also can i just take some sort of medication to kill it?
i don't feel "right" in my intestines
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #20
DME46
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ high school girls' bathrooms.
Posts: 255
My Ride: has free candy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
how do i test for worms?
also can i just take some sort of medication to kill it?
i don't feel "right" in my intestines
I'd see a doctor man... that sh1t could be serious. Weight loss would definitely be an indication of worms.
__________________

embrace this moment
remember
we are eternal
all this pain is an illusion
DME46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use