E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 4.75 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #421
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,048
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
BTW, more info on the Samcos? I sent Samco a set of stock hoses a few years ago. They wanted a bazillion dollars for a set so I let it go.
__________________
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:23 PM   #422
TrippinBimmer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ridgeland, MS
Posts: 5,385
My Ride: ZHP Custom Stage 3.5
Send a message via AIM to TrippinBimmer Send a message via Yahoo to TrippinBimmer
Nice Update
TrippinBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:33 PM   #423
bryce-o
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 172
My Ride: 330Ci ZHP 3 pedal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
BTW, more info on the Samcos? I sent Samco a set of stock hoses a few years ago. They wanted a bazillion dollars for a set so I let it go.
http://www.shop.stettperformance.com...2&categoryId=4

still kinda pricey but i like the option.


they also have the intake boot available:

http://www.shop.stettperformance.com...2&categoryId=4
bryce-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #424
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,048
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Who do you think has the prototypes on his car?

That's my filthy engine bay in the pictures.

Chad came through when Samco wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce-o View Post
http://www.shop.stettperformance.com...2&categoryId=4

still kinda pricey but i like the option.


they also have the intake boot available:

http://www.shop.stettperformance.com...2&categoryId=4
__________________

Last edited by aggieE46; 06-03-2012 at 01:50 PM.
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #425
Iceman00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,851
My Ride: E90 6MT
Still waiting on the hoses for 323/325/328.
__________________
Yolo420swag360noscopeboomheadshot

Last edited by Iceman00; 06-03-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #426
Hornung418
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bel Air, MD/ WVU
Posts: 1,013
My Ride: '04 MB ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Still waiting on the hoses for 323/325/328.
I wouldn't worry about it, Ice. Alexxander.Foster is working on a prototype for the M54B30 Throttle Body to run with MS42. So you'll be able to run 330 MAF, Boots and TB
__________________
Hornung418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #427
serdar255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,210
My Ride: '01 325ci / '90 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman00 View Post
Still waiting on the hoses for 323/325/328.
As am I!
__________________

For coding, custom shift knobs, and vinyl stickers: PM me
serdar255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #428
Iceman00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FLA
Posts: 2,851
My Ride: E90 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
I wouldn't worry about it, Ice. Alexxander.Foster is working on a prototype for the M54B30 Throttle Body to run with MS42. So you'll be able to run 330 MAF, Boots and TB
Hmmm....
__________________
Yolo420swag360noscopeboomheadshot
Iceman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #429
bryce-o
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: texas
Posts: 172
My Ride: 330Ci ZHP 3 pedal
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
Who do you think has the prototypes on his car?

That's my filthy engine bay in the pictures.

Chad came through when Samco wouldn't.
cool


how are the hoses holding up so far? i think i'm going to get both sets from Stett
bryce-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:59 PM   #430
secono330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ>>>>FL
Posts: 2,998
My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJoker View Post


Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
Just put in 264's shricks and they are amazing up top on freeway pulls.. Are you going to get new retainers or what ever like vac recommends for those? My limit is 6500 and it wants to pull a lot more cant imagine 272's would. Be ideal if you really wanna notice the power unless your really going to build it.. Thanks man I love apex's
I'm sure they are. The stock 330 ones are very mild. I will be doing VAC's Stage 3 head and CP 11:1 Pistons to take full advantage of the 272's. Redline will be set at about 7200rpms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
Nice update! I was going to bug you about it soon!
Thanks Brady I was excited for you to see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
BTW, more info on the Samcos? I sent Samco a set of stock hoses a few years ago. They wanted a bazillion dollars for a set so I let it go.
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/part...r_Hoses//11101


Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippinBimmer View Post
Nice Update
Thanks man
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #431
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,048
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Great. I have quite a few miles on them. I've removed the intake boots MANY times for projects and maintenance. They always install very well and are showing zero signs of age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce-o View Post
cool


how are the hoses holding up so far? i think i'm going to get both sets from Stett
__________________
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:44 AM   #432
Steven747
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,390
My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post


I'm sure they are. The stock 330 ones are very mild. I will be doing VAC's Stage 3 head and CP 11:1 Pistons to take full advantage of the 272's. Redline will be set at about 7200rpms.
i have always been curious. when you raise the limit above 7k how do you adjust the rev limit in graphic terms. do you just go past the 7k redline into the black part or do you get a new plastic background for it?

when are you planning on doing this build?
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:20 PM   #433
secono330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NJ>>>>FL
Posts: 2,998
My Ride: 04' 330ci & 99' 540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
i have always been curious. when you raise the limit above 7k how do you adjust the rev limit in graphic terms. do you just go past the 7k redline into the black part or do you get a new plastic background for it?

when are you planning on doing this build?
ZHP gauge face. I was able to get my hands on a zhp cluster for cheap and I just swapped the face along with the red needles.

As for actually taking the engine apart and building it....idk...not anytime soon due to recent financial issues, but most likely early next year.
secono330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #434
Steven747
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,390
My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by secono330ci View Post
ZHP gauge face. I was able to get my hands on a zhp cluster for cheap and I just swapped the face along with the red needles.

As for actually taking the engine apart and building it....idk...not anytime soon due to recent financial issues, but most likely early next year.
Interesting ! Asking as I have 264 shrick cams and I am planning on getting a ati damper it seems like it would make sense to buy a zhp gauge. Face and put it in and raise mine to 7200 .. Even though I won't have as much as your stage 3 head the shrick cams will still benefit from 7200 rpm.. What do you think?
Ati will prevent vibrations up there do shouldn't it be perfectly safe and maybe my peak hp will be higher ?

Last edited by Steven747; 06-05-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:47 AM   #435
Brian N
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The OC
Posts: 12,335
My Ride: 2001 330i Jet Black
You did the exact set up I wanted a few years ago! The exhaust sounds amazing You have technik headers too if I can remember correctly? My magnaflow catback isn't doing it for me anymore either.

I was inspired by this guy a few years back (technik headers, supersprint cats/middle section and eisenmann race).... a TS2 would be nice as well...


Last edited by Brian N; 06-06-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #436
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,048
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Nope. bigjae's oil pump sprocket popped even with the ATI damper.

You'd probably be "ok" to peak there on occasion, but I wouldn't hold the revs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
Interesting ! Asking as I have 264 shrick cams and I am planning on getting a ati damper it seems like it would make sense to buy a zhp gauge. Face and put it in and raise mine to 7200 .. Even though I won't have as much as your stage 3 head the shrick cams will still benefit from 7200 rpm.. What do you think?
Ati will prevent vibrations up there do shouldn't it be perfectly safe and maybe my peak hp will be higher ?
__________________
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #437
TxZHP04
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,728
My Ride: ESS TS2+ ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
Nope. bigjae's oil pump sprocket popped even with the ATI damper.

You'd probably be "ok" to peak there on occasion, but I wouldn't hold the revs.
I missed hearing this. Was this determined to be the root cause of his on track failure?
__________________
04 IR 330i ZHP | ESS TS2+ SC | MagnaFlow "headers" | KMS 3.64 LSD | AST 4100 550/650| APEX ARC-8 18x9 | H&R front sway bar | Vorshlag camber plates, RTAB limiters | TMS subframe & swaybar reinforcements | UUC SSK & DSSR | UUC TM & TME | BW motor mounts | Dinan strut & shock tower bars | vaio 4-bolt oil pump
TxZHP04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #438
Steven747
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 4,390
My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieE46 View Post
Nope. bigjae's oil pump sprocket popped even with the ATI damper.

You'd probably be "ok" to peak there on occasion, but I wouldn't hold the revs.
i don't track and haven't been yet. i might go once or twice in the future but my car is 99.9% driven on the street aggressively having fun .. if I'm hitting 7200 area maybe 5 times a day for what, less than a second when i upshift would that be ok?
Steven747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #439
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,048
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
Yep. That was my understanding, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxZHP04 View Post
I missed hearing this. Was this determined to be the root cause of his on track failure?
__________________
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #440
aggieE46
Keep it clean
 
aggieE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Royse City
Posts: 8,048
My Ride: 03 Evo, 07 Passat
Send a message via AIM to aggieE46
I have an accounting degree, don't ask me

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven747 View Post
i don't track and haven't been yet. i might go once or twice in the future but my car is 99.9% driven on the street aggressively having fun .. if I'm hitting 7200 area maybe 5 times a day for what, less than a second when i upshift would that be ok?
__________________
aggieE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use