E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #1
MTreyM

My Ride: MTrey, E60
Its Official: Melo to Knicks

The Denver Post reports that the Nuggets get Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks' 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash. Anthony will go to New York, along with Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter, and Renaldo Balkman. The league won't be able to approve the trade until tomorrow, but the trade has been confirmed by a few different insiders now and we don't expect any more shenanigans. This signals the beginning of a shortened run up to the trade deadline
Old 02-21-2011, 10:37 PM   #2
ajy1013

My Ride: 02 TiAg 330ci
I think the Knicks gave up A LOT...but damnit, I wish this would have happened last year when I was still living in NY!!
ajy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
The Knicks just gave up all their young legs. On a brighter note, cant wait to see the Eastern Conference playoffs.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #4
Novare330

My Ride: AA s/c AMBULAMPS
knicks gave up WAYYYYYY too much for melo ... i guess they are really that desperate.

two ball dominant players who play no defense on the same team, both are practically useless off the ball and are more or less volume scorers on a team where the coach's philosophy is "play no defense, score 120 pts" and where the light to shoot the ball is always green.

he will fit in well in terms of their offensive system, but as far as team chemistry goes... well, that will be left to be seen, i doubt they will do too much better, maybe move up a few slots in the east but they still dont post a serious threat to miami or boston.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbworld View Post
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Novare330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 PM   #5
ajy1013

My Ride: 02 TiAg 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
two ball dominant players who play no defense on the same team, both are practically useless off the ball and are more or less volume scorers on a team where the coach's philosophy is "play no defense, score 120 pts" and where the light to shoot the ball is always green.
Bingo.

J.A Adande made an interesting point. Amare always wanted to be the #1 guy, in the center spotlight. Thus, he left Phoenix (and Nash) for NY. Now that Melo is in NY, how does this affect Amare?

Knicks looked like they had a very bright future with Danilo and Felton playing the way they did this year...guess we'll have to wait and see how this Melo thing plays out.

I bet NYC is going nuts!
ajy1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
Camicia

My Ride: Automobile
As much as I (really) like Gallinari, the Knicks pre-trade weren't going anywhere. Now with Amare and Carmelo they have the chance to attract a player like CP3 (example) next year and then be really competitive.

I wonder how Billups will take it, though. He said he was going to retire rather than leave Denver...
Camicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #7
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novare330 View Post
knicks gave up WAYYYYYY too much for melo ... i guess they are really that desperate.

he will fit in well in terms of their offensive system, but as far as team chemistry goes... well, that will be left to be seen, i doubt they will do too much better, maybe move up a few slots in the east but they still dont post a serious threat to miami or boston.
the problem is that you are not winning anything without at least two stars in the NBA. They had to make the move and just like in Miami, the role players will fall into place. I agree that they still wont touch boston or miami but they're gaining ground.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
SaN NizZLe

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
Go ny go ny go!!!
SaN NizZLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #9
James330I
Imported Redneck

My Ride: BMW baby 330i 5spd
Send a message via AIM to James330I
should be interesting..goes against everything that NY knicks have stood for (defense and physicalplay). It'll be fun to watch though.

2001 Dinan 330I 5spd (gone..what an awesome car)
2013 335i 6spd M-sport
2013 Infiniti M37S

James330I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
the problem is that you are not winning anything without at least two stars in the NBA. They had to make the move and just like in Miami, the role players will fall into place. I agree that they still wont touch boston or miami but they're gaining ground.
two stars to win in the NBA can be a valid point, but more important than that is how well the stars compliment one another, each must bring something different to the table and be able to feed off the other and they all must be able to produce on both ends of the floor so that one isnt left covering all the slack.

perfect argument? melo and iverson (back when they were the #1 and #2 leading scorers in the NBA), on the same team, in denver... they didnt go anywhere, why? because much similar to what i described, both ball dominant, no defense, useless off the ball, and volume scorers that dont bring much else. their chemistry was terrible, they did not compliment each other, or the system in denver well, at all.

now take boston for example, their big 4, they all occupy their own respective territories on the floor, they all have a separate unique skill set, they are all capable of putting up big numbers but never hesitate to differ to one another, none are volume shooters, and all of them are capable defenders. this bodes success.

Quote:
Need some opinion. Stock Titanium Silver coupe without spoiler, using the 2 Fast 2 furious skyline vinyl scheme. What do you think, do it or not? plus, i think it would look better then what most car members have here.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:43 PM   #11
Novare330

Quote:
Originally Posted by James330I View Post
should be interesting..goes against everything that NY knicks have stood for (defense and physicalplay). It'll be fun to watch though.
if what youre implying is true, then the knicks have "gone against everything theyve stood for" a long time ago when they hired mike d'antoni lol

Quote:

Last edited by Novare330; 02-22-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:03 AM   #12
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast
absolutely no D. they will be good of course but never one of the few "great" teams... i am interested in what other pieces they are going to try to put into this team into the future though

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #13
coco savage

My Ride: 325i
knicks are better, but that isnt saying much. Outside of some buzz they wont be doing much.

Random Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:28 PM   #14
coco savage

They beat the heat.amare swats the sh1t out of ledouche to close out the game

Random Images

Quote:
Old 02-28-2011, 12:13 AM   #15
ayy itss daveee

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Send a message via AIM to ayy itss daveee
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
They beat the heat.amare swats the sh1t out of ledouche to close out the game
Knicks are Boss. Fughedaboudit.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:15 AM   #16
EURpower

My Ride: 330ci
LeBaby, LeBrick ...Queen James:
EURpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
coco savage

Haha really you replied in here? Meat hooks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayy itss daveee View Post
Knicks are Boss. Fughedaboudit.

Random Images

Quote:
Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 AM   #18
ayy itss daveee

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Send a message via AIM to ayy itss daveee
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco savage View Post
Haha really you replied in here? Meat hooks!
Old 03-01-2011, 03:31 AM   #19
iwannagofast

ya that was a sad ending to a game for me..... great for you knicks fans... but our rivalry goes way back lol.......

you know i am SICK of seeing lebron hold the ball at the top of the key for 23 sec every possession n then settle for a horrible look at a J

Old 03-01-2011, 03:33 AM   #20
iwannagofast

i hope u guys get corey brewer..... he would be a great addition to your guys team.... n hopefully the heat can land troy murphy.... i dunno about bibby coming to the heat... yea he would be alot better point guard than what we have now but hes old n has no defense now