E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 11-13-2014, 10:06 PM   #1
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Thumbs Up New Eonon Android GA5150 BMW Car DVD Released!

Hi guys, many of you have asked me if thereís an Android head unit for BMW, a great news to tell you that our new Eonon Android OS GA5150 Car DVD Player was released lately. It's a remarkable unit with many awesome new features. Here I would like briefly introduce to you, just hope it will help you know our unit better and the unit can meet your demand!

Main features of GA5150:
-Android 4.2.2 OS
-Capacitive Touch Screen
-Support Wifi & 3G Connection

-Support Screen Mirroring
-8 Dynamic Background Pictures
-Fully DIY Buttons Colors
-Support Bluetooth Contact Search Function
-External MIC Support
-Steering Wheel Control Function

More details you can check check: http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/GA5150.html

If you have any question toward this unit, just feel free to let me know, thanks a lot!

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 11-13-2014 at 10:07 PM.
EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:53 PM   #2
snooppy

My Ride: 2000 328ci
cant wait for it to arrive

i noticed it the other day when i was contemplating on getting an avin or eonon and can't wait for it to arrive. i'll be the guinea pig on this one but i'm sure it will be of good quality
snooppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #3
CapBackfire

My Ride: 2004 325Ci
If the first video review of this is as good as it looks I might not be strong enough to resist it. The unit and interface look spectacular. Well done Eonon.
CapBackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:39 AM   #4
Lockman_321

My Ride: 330CI Convertible
Can I plug a tmc reciever into this unit? The only thing I think is missing from GM5150 is traffic in sat nav apps.
Lockman_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:01 PM   #5
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snooppy View Post
i noticed it the other day when i was contemplating on getting an avin or eonon and can't wait for it to arrive. i'll be the guinea pig on this one but i'm sure it will be of good quality
Hi snooppy, thanks a lot for your interest! Sure youíll love this awesome unit! Congrats for being the proud pioneer to using the Android unit, welcome to share with us your nice installation pics and reviews once get it installed. Thanks a lot! You can tell me your order No. to get better after sale service, cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapBackfire View Post
If the first video review of this is as good as it looks I might not be strong enough to resist it. The unit and interface look spectacular. Well done Eonon.
Hi CapBackfire, this great unit will definitely take your breath away! Thanks for your compliment! You may canít help upgrading to a new GA5150 unit in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockman_321 View Post
Can I plug a tmc reciever into this unit? The only thing I think is missing from GM5150 is traffic in sat nav apps.
Hi Lockman, the TMC is actually a feature of the map itself. The GA5150 Android Car DVD doesnít come with the map since you can totally use the online map such as google map for free! Or you can use other map with TMC feature. Thanks!

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Old 11-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #6
Goodfella.

My Ride: E46M3/E28ETA
Sorry, but what are the differences between this unit and the GM5150
Old 11-17-2014, 03:40 AM   #7
Lockman_321

My Ride: 330CI Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi snooppy, thanks a lot for your interest! Sure youíll love this awesome unit! Congrats for being the proud pioneer to using the Android unit, welcome to share with us your nice installation pics and reviews once get it installed. Thanks a lot! You can tell me your order No. to get better after sale service, cheers!

Hi CapBackfire, this great unit will definitely take your breath away! Thanks for your compliment! You may canít help upgrading to a new GA5150 unit in the end!

Hi Lockman, the TMC is actually a feature of the map itself. The GA5150 Android Car DVD doesnít come with the map since you can totally use the online map such as google map for free! Or you can use other map with TMC feature. Thanks!
Hi. I have Igo 8 maps which allows for TMC. However where do I plug the TMC receiver into the GM5150. The dynavin for example allows you to plug a TMC receiver into it. So where can I plug the receiver into the GM5150
Lockman_321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:45 PM   #8
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella. View Post
Sorry, but what are the differences between this unit and the GM5150
Hi Goodfella, here are the main differences between GA5150 and GM5150:

GA5150: Android OS, Capacitive Touch Screen, You can DIY button colors
GM5150: Windows OS, Resistive touch screen, 8 button colors optional

And GA5150 has additional bluetooth contact name search function and Dynamic background pics selectable feature. More details about their differences you can check this compare page here:
http://www.eonon.com/compare.aspx?pr...&bigCategory=3

Hope it helps!

Old 11-18-2014, 01:52 AM   #9
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockman_321 View Post
Hi. I have Igo 8 maps which allows for TMC. However where do I plug the TMC receiver into the GM5150. The dynavin for example allows you to plug a TMC receiver into it. So where can I plug the receiver into the GM5150
Hi Lockman, there's no TMC input for the GA5150, so you can't use the external TMC receiver. Hope you can understand.
And you should use the map which our Android unit can support, thanks!

Old 11-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #10
snooppy

I just got mine in yesterday and can't wait to get it in. My a/c relocation bracket came today so I should be getting it installed soon. Also kudos on the awesome packaging. I've had things shipped from here in the U.S. that didn't arrive in as good condition as this
Old 11-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #11
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
I just got mine in yesterday and can't wait to get it in. My a/c relocation bracket came today so I should be getting it installed soon. Also kudos on the awesome packaging. I've had things shipped from here in the U.S. that didn't arrive in as good condition as this
Hi snooppy, glad to hear you first impression with our unit is great! Can't wait for your installation pics and reviews soon!

Btw, did you get a GA5150 Android unit? If so, the unit should not come with the Kudos map since you can totally use the free online map, cheers!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #12
snooppy

Yea I did. I wasn't talking about maps was giving praise of how well it was packaged
Old 11-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #13
Goodfella.

My Ride: E46M3/E28ETA
When you say online apps do you mean the google maps app,or the actual maps.google.com in the browser?
Old 11-18-2014, 11:19 PM   #14
mgardiner2673

My Ride: 05 325Ci Convertible
What can you tell me about the ability to use the audio outputs to connect to an aftermarket amp? I currently have a non HK nav receiver and want to do a complete new install with aftermarket components.

Last edited by mgardiner2673; 11-18-2014 at 11:21 PM.
mgardiner2673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #15
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Yea I did. I wasn't talking about maps was giving praise of how well it was packaged
haha snooppy, sorry for my misunderstanding, now I see. Thanks for your compliment! Yes our package is impressive that many guys have even shared many unboxing videos! Such as this guy has just got the G2110 Android 2 din Car stereo happily and shared this unboxing video:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella. View Post
When you say online apps do you mean the google maps app,or the actual maps.google.com in the browser?
Hi Goodfella, our unit support both the google map app and the actual maps.google.com in the browser since it's with Android OS, quite convenient! Cheers!

Old 11-19-2014, 04:58 PM   #16
mgardiner2673

Hello to EononCarDVD! Don't know if you missed my previous message(looks like you did) but here it is again to see if you can help me make a decision. I need to know if the RCA plugs for the audio left and right, front and rear, and sub woofer are pre-amp outputs so I can use an aftermarket receiver with the GA or GM 5150.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgardiner2673 View Post
What can you tell me about the ability to use the audio outputs to connect to an aftermarket amp? I currently have a non HK nav receiver and want to do a complete new install with aftermarket components.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #17
cold m3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
I have a question about the use of Bluetooth and the app Torque. Is it possible to read the OBD using this unit with a Bluetooth dongle? (elm327)

I was told there was no OBD support via bluetooth on the GM model. Is it the same for this one too?

Also can the LED backlights turn white? (without soldering in new white LEDs?) One more question: Can this charge a phone via USB?

Photos of My ///M3

Last edited by cold m3; 11-19-2014 at 07:37 PM.
cold m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:54 PM   #18
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgardiner2673 View Post
Hello to EononCarDVD! Don't know if you missed my previous message(looks like you did) but here it is again to see if you can help me make a decision. I need to know if the RCA plugs for the audio left and right, front and rear, and sub woofer are pre-amp outputs so I can use an aftermarket receiver with the GA or GM 5150.
Thanks
Hi mgardiner2673, many thanks for your interest! Yes you can totally connect the amplifier to the No.7, 8, 10, 11 audio outputs in below pic, and connect the sub to the No.9 Subwoofer out. Quite easy!
http://www.eonon.com/Car-GPS/Specifi...MW/GA5150.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold m3 View Post
I have a question about the use of Bluetooth and the app Torque. Is it possible to read the OBD using this unit with a Bluetooth dongle? (elm327)

I was told there was no OBD support via bluetooth on the GM model. Is it the same for this one too?

Also can the LED backlights turn white? (without soldering in new white LEDs?) One more question: Can this charge a phone via USB?
Hi cold m3, I'll check with our tech and reply to you later, thanks!

Last edited by EononCarDVD; 11-19-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 10:15 PM   #19
mgardiner2673

Thanks!

Thanks EononCarDVD for the information. My oem speakers aren't all working and if I need to replace them I might as well go ahead and install a new system, new amp, speakers, and sub. I would rather just replace the one or two defective speakers but the oems aren't that great sounding anyway so that calls for either new BSW(Bavarian SoundWerks?) speakers or other aftermarket ones.

If anyone sees any problems with this approach I would appreciate a heads up!

Last edited by mgardiner2673; 11-19-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:50 PM   #20
cold m3

My Ride: E46 ///M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi cold m3, I'll check with our tech and reply to you later, thanks!
Please do! Ready to order soon.

Also is your ebay action for this model GA5150? Here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Android-...ce5a7c&vxp=mtr

It doesn't say anywhere in the ad that it is in fact the GA5150 model (just wanted to make sure this the price was much better)

Is it the same as the one you are selling on your main website here:

http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players...MW/GA5150.html

Photos of My ///M3
cold m3 is offline   Reply With Quote