E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #1
BimmerIsMyName

My Ride: 2007 VW Jetta 2.5
Overton, TX Police Can Suck A D!ck

Apparently, selling lemonade is illegal now. These cops can take what they said and shove it straight up their a$$ and into their intestines.

Quote:
Two young sisters with an "entrepreneurial spirit" set up a lemonade stand in Overton, Texas, to raise money for their dad's Father's day gift, their mom said.

But Andria and Zoey Green's business closed abruptly Monday after police came by to tell them their stand was illegal without a city Peddler's Permit, according to Overton Police Department Chief Clyde Carter.

"It's illegal to sell lemonade without a permit," Carter told ABC News today. "But we didn't tell them to shut down, we just asked them to get a permit."

The girls' mother, Sandi Evans, said they went to try to get a Peddler's Permit at City Hall, but found out they'd have to get licensed by the Rusk County Health Department before being allowed a Peddler's Permit.

The Rusk County Health Department did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for additional information including specific details about the process for getting a permit to sell lemonade.

"Once we found out everything we would have to go through, we just decided to stop technically selling the lemonade," Evans told ABC News today. "The girls are still going to have the stand, but they're just going to ask for donations instead."

Andria, 8, and Zoey, 7, are going to open up stand again Saturday, and a lot of locals and even people outside the community are planning on coming to support them, she added.

Chief Carter told ABC News that asking for donations for lemonade isn't illegal and isn't a problem.

After news stations covered the story, many businesses have showed support for the girls in the form of donations and freebies, their mom said.

"We received free passes to Splash Kingdom, where the girls wanted to take their dad for Father's Day," Evans said. "We got them from the owners of the theme park and then again from a radio station."

The girls have also collected $200 in donations after they temporarily closed up shop, Evans added.

"We do have so many positives coming out of this, and since I don't feel right keeping the money now that they got their dad's gift for free, we're going to give away the extra tickets and set up scholarships with the donations they've collected," she said. "We're going to give the scholarship to a local graduating high school senior majoring in business management."

Copyright 2015 ABC News Internet Ventures
http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-kids-...ry?id=31667943

The police department's facebook page is even more comical
https://www.facebook.com/overton.policedept?pnref=story

2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.5L
Mods: GLI Projector Headlights, ThunderBunny front end, Audi TT RS Brakes, Eibach Sportline Suspension, Eibach sway bars, BSH CAI, OBX headers/full exhaust
BimmerIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
MorganFreeman

My Ride: bacon
Don't worry, the current bird flu over there will get them.
MorganFreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl, no roof
in for riots.

equal rights brosef.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
SonicBoom

My Ride: X3
I love that they changed business model, and are right back in business. Effectively outsmarting the law. thumbsup
SonicBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #5
Lair

My Ride: e90,e90, $5k Boxster
Texas again?

It's a whole other country.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
Zell

My Ride: so turbo wow
Crisis actors with a cop connection. Look at all the money they're now getting. They never would've made that if they didn't get "shut down."
Old 06-10-2015, 06:43 PM   #7
choxor

My Ride: JDM
I hate lemonade. srsly.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:12 PM   #8
Silver_Surfer

My Ride: 2006 Lotus Exige
wow, let's blame the cops for doing their job, I'm sure the loooooooved telling those little girls to kick rocks. Why not get angry about the towns ridiculous bureaucracy. :roll eyes:
Old 06-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #9
SamDoe1

My Ride: 4cyl, no roof
I bet it was some cranky neighbor that reported it which required the cops to take action.
SamDoe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:53 PM   #10
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Don't blame the cops, blame the politicians

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #11
Kire118

My Ride: :/
seriously, those cops are heroes in this story. because of them, their dad got his gift and some hs graduate is getting money for college.
Kire118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:57 AM   #12
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
wow, let's blame the cops for doing their job, I'm sure the loooooooved telling those little girls to kick rocks. Why not get angry about the towns ridiculous bureaucracy. :roll eyes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJon View Post
Don't blame the cops, blame the politicians
Fvcking this ^^^.

Singling out the cops is incredibly stupid. They're the bottom rung on this deal and are doing what the city pays them to do. City lawmakers get a free pass, evidently. As do the clerks/bureaucrats at City Hall and the county Health Dept.

Herp derp damn cops herpa derp.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:45 AM   #13
bimmerfan08

My Ride: E46 M3
Cops just enforce laws. They don't create them. People need to be more analytical with situations.

"My philosophy as a businessman has always been to take care of the people who make me successful. It has always been "we" in my business conversations with others. At a certain point in a successful business it behooves one to make sure those doing a good job of supporting you are not struggling to make ends meet."
bimmerfan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #14
SPDSKTR

My Ride: E30 with an S52
When I used to do group rides (road cycling), we always stopped at this one house on our route. Reason being? Kids were selling ice cold lemonade. And that stuff was awesome.

I think denying someone lemonade on a sweltering summer afternoon should be illegal. Double jail time if it's in a humid environment.
SPDSKTR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:19 AM   #15
choxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
Fvcking this ^^^.

Singling out the cops is incredibly stupid. They're the bottom rung on this deal and are doing what the city pays them to do. City lawmakers get a free pass, evidently. As do the clerks/bureaucrats at City Hall and the county Health Dept.

Herp derp damn cops herpa derp.
Yup. Boggles my mind when people blame the cops for laws. Are they so stupid they think cops actually MAKE the laws?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:22 AM   #16
SLVR JDM

My Ride: reclining rear seats
Intellectually stimulating thread title.

** Removed **
SLVR JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #17
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Yup. Boggles my mind when people blame the cops for laws. Are they so stupid they think cops actually MAKE the laws?
It's ridiculous. My personal boggle is with people that think cops are stupid or power-mad or corrupt, and then concurrently criticize them for not ignoring violations of the laws they're supposed to enforce.
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #18
choxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
It's ridiculous. My personal boggle is with people that think cops are stupid or power-mad or corrupt, and then concurrently criticize them for not ignoring violations of the laws they're supposed to enforce.
Citizens blame cops for enforcing laws that the citizens themselves allowed to pass. Made by the politicians that the citizens elected.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:35 AM   #19
bagher

My Ride: Neocon outrage
Send a message via AIM to bagher Send a message via Skype™ to bagher
Quote:
Originally Posted by choxor View Post
Cops don't make laws but they have some discretion w/r/t enforcement, do they not?
Old 06-11-2015, 09:54 AM   #20
joeski3d

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagher View Post
Cops don't make laws but they have some discretion w/r/t enforcement, do they not?
In many cases they take it upon themselves to be judges as well. In a few cases they even promote themselves to executioner.

Those girls could have died!

Ballbusters Inc.

DISCLAIMER: No balls were physically hurt during the reading of this post. Should redness and/or swelling occur consult your gynecologist immediately.
joeski3d is online now   Reply With Quote