E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum

Forced Induction Forum
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #1
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
bmw m3 S54 Turbonetics or precision?

I have a question for the experts when I have to choose which is the best to use turbo to reach an output of 700hp, I lettu here on the forum that precision is the most used, but there also Turbonetics that and among the best.
The collector that use and that material of iron technica motorsport mount v-band, then the questions are:
1- I was advised Turbonetics T66 or T72, but we do not know if there space to mount and performance?
2-precision which model to use?
3- which of the two models and more reliable?
4-power differences between precision and Turbonetics?
5-prices?

As always thanks for the advice

Last edited by M3-turbo; 07-03-2015 at 10:16 AM.
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
Commanderwiggin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 4,021
My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
6266
__________________
900+RWHP, PT6870 w/ Custom FSR Turbo Kit, AEM Infinity, Lab22 Motor
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 12:46 PM   #3
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
6266
Ahahhaha of few words
I read that you are an expert m3 turbo answer my questions, you can not only write 6266?
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:40 PM   #4
LarryPrebis
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 72
My Ride: Lexus
What type of fuel?? I would agree though with a 6266 or 6766 Precision turbo.
LarryPrebis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
Hobbit382
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Az
Posts: 711
My Ride: 99-328i 00-323i
6266
Hobbit382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:23 PM   #6
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
turbonetics not?
Why?
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
in Italy we have normal fuel
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:26 PM   #8
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
T72 Turbonetics what do you think?
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #9
Hobbit382
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Az
Posts: 711
My Ride: 99-328i 00-323i
Fuel doesn't matter. Precision is just killing it in the turbo scene. The 6266 has put out over 800hp and spools a hell of a lot quicker than a 72mm, especially compared to the old design of a t72 turbo. But do whatever you want, not sure why you'd ask a question just to strongly ignore the answer and advise you'd get.
Hobbit382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:06 PM   #10
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
I do not want to ignore the advice but it was just to understand where was the difference, if I ask the info and I explained the reason to use a precision instead of a Turbonetics do not understand, then Turbonetics and to delete and consider precision?
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:09 PM   #11
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
with how much pressure should I turn to arrive at 700hp? You want to be the limit of 1.7 bar of boost pressure and try to have a medium to high power by sacrificing a bit low engine speeds
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:13 PM   #12
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
and that the price for a 6266 and 6766? Where can I buy?
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 02:35 AM   #13
Commanderwiggin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 4,021
My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-turbo View Post
and that the price for a 6266 and 6766? Where can I buy?
Google
__________________
900+RWHP, PT6870 w/ Custom FSR Turbo Kit, AEM Infinity, Lab22 Motor
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:15 AM   #14
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Google
you are not help that?
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:18 AM   #15
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-turbo View Post
I have a question for the experts when I have to choose which is the best to use turbo to reach an output of 700hp, I lettu here on the forum that precision is the most used, but there also Turbonetics that and among the best.
The collector that use and that material of iron technica motorsport mount v-band, then the questions are:
1- I was advised Turbonetics T66 or T72, but we do not know if there space to mount and performance?
2-precision which model to use?
3- which of the two models and more reliable?
4-power differences between precision and Turbonetics?
5-prices?

As always thanks for the advice
no one can answer these questions?
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 01:06 PM   #16
Hobbit382
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Az
Posts: 711
My Ride: 99-328i 00-323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-turbo View Post
no one can answer these questions?
Honestly you can buy these turbos just about anywhere online, as CW said, Google. Don't get mad at other people for your laziness. Also these turbos have been out for a LONG time, there is plenty of info out there on them.
Hobbit382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #17
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit382 View Post
Honestly you can buy these turbos just about anywhere online, as CW said, Google. Don't get mad at other people for your laziness. Also these turbos have been out for a LONG time, there is plenty of info out there on them.
I'm not angry with anybody but I expected more participation by advanced users because of all the questions I've done some user except those few who responded did so in very general and someone invited me to document searching on google. If so normal for you and that you respond to someone who asks for information then you are in the wrong forum
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:42 PM   #18
Commanderwiggin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 4,021
My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-turbo View Post
I'm not angry with anybody but I expected more participation by advanced users because of all the questions I've done some user except those few who responded did so in very general and someone invited me to document searching on google. If so normal for you and that you respond to someone who asks for information then you are in the wrong forum
You are in the wrong forum if you expect all users to spoon feed you with information that is so readily available. If you spent the same amount of time searching for answers as you do complaining on here...you would have already found them.
__________________
900+RWHP, PT6870 w/ Custom FSR Turbo Kit, AEM Infinity, Lab22 Motor
Commanderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #19
M3-turbo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: italia
Posts: 54
My Ride: M3 e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
You are in the wrong forum if you expect all users to spoon feed you with information that is so readily available. If you spent the same amount of time searching for answers as you do complaining on here...you would have already found them.
see when you are available to criticize? instead you're not helping by writing one word google, anyway thanks to all and no point in continuing this conversation close
M3-turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2016 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use