E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 06:39 AM   #41
GJGM3
Gonz997

My Ride: Porsche 997
Yeah, this time something different. i really like this boot and the lines flow so much better than the VCSL I had previously. I've got a few things planned for the ///M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faelar View Post
The mod bug hitting you again?

GONZ997 - GJGM3 Replacement
Mods in Progress
GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:50 AM   #42
xdmikey

My Ride: e46 cabrio
how come i can't see the pics
Old 03-16-2011, 07:52 AM   #43
AAblown

My Ride: e46 m3, e36 m3, H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdmikey View Post
how come i can't see the pics
fixed

Last edited by AAblown; 03-16-2011 at 08:15 AM.
AAblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #44
AAblown

HUMPDAY BUMP!
Old 03-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #45
AAblown

i pulled this off the internet. This is the coupe version, but he vert version will look the same.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:19 PM   #46
N89

My Ride: 330Ci
I can't be the only one that thinks this is ugly (at least without the rest of the parts to match)...
N89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:04 PM   #47
Forcefed M3

My Ride: HPF Stage 2.75
sick looking trunk

Last edited by Forcefed M3; 03-16-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Forcefed M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #48
Khur

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330ciandr6 View Post
eh...i like csl trunk better.

but thats just my opinion

same here
Khur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #49
Forcefed M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAblown View Post
not totally true, contact David for details
100% true..I chatted with Brad (owner of Asuka) over dinner about it. They are simply starting over to deal with quality control issue in their new plant in Vietnam. Lol in fact Brad is calling me now..gotta run
Old 03-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #50
HPF David
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: IS300, RX7 LS1, R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forcefed M3 View Post
100% true..I chatted with Brad (owner of Asuka) over dinner about it. They are simply starting over to deal with quality control issue in their new plant in Vietnam. Lol in fact Brad is calling me now..gotta run
I think you are mistaken on this Derek. This is something that I am coordinating and has been in the works for some time now. We started this 2 Mfest ago and we finally just completed this. This is still moving and will be part of the addition to the Asuka product. Although they might change the name of this product shortly later due to the new changes they are making with their company.

If anyone knows about this project the most, it is me. I have worked on this as a project over 2 yrs. With request from my fellow Bimmer enthusiast that need a new outlet for Vert trunks. We developed this one to be able to offer the community another option for their vehicle. I am not sure how you are involved with this but I assure you that you will have to recheck your information before posting.
HPF David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:23 PM   #51
Mulatto325

My Ride: 325ci convertible
This just made my mod wish list. I definitely see this in my future. As far as being ugly. Yea a little but I'm a fan of slightly different (ugly) exterior mods.

My tops down, its upset.
>>>Mulatto325<<< Build thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...087&highlight=
Mulatto325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #52
AAblown

i think everyone will be suprised on how well it looks on a vert
Old 03-16-2011, 07:35 PM   #53
Forcefed M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF David View Post
I think you are mistaken on this Derek. This is something that I am coordinating and has been in the works for some time now. We started this 2 Mfest ago and we finally just completed this. This is still moving and will be part of the addition to the Asuka product. Although they might change the name of this product shortly later due to the new changes they are making with their company.

If anyone knows about this project the most, it is me. I have worked on this as a project over 2 yrs. With request from my fellow Bimmer enthusiast that need a new outlet for Vert trunks. We developed this one to be able to offer the community another option for their vehicle. I am not sure how you are involved with this but I assure you that you will have to recheck your information before posting.

Hmm my info came direct from the owner!
Old 03-17-2011, 08:17 AM   #54
AAblown

NOTE: I am not trying to sell anything for HPF or any other sponser or vendor. I am no way affiliated with HPF nor do i hold stock in their company (not a bad idea though if its available..lol) As a consumer and a customer of multiple vendor's / sponser's i am always looking for 3 things when searching a product, (price, quality, and customer service). Personally im excited when something new comes along for our vehicles. My intention of this OP was to inform fellow enthusiasts of something "new" that just came out. I do not favor one vendor over the other (ex: HPF / AA). I have purchased products from both, and i am pleased with the customer service and products available from both companies. If this OP upsets anyone and violates any Forum rules, MODS please let me know in advance and ill be happy to re-structure my OP to abide by the rules. Thank you in advance
Old 03-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #55
GJGM3
Gonz997

From a design perspective this boot is PERFECTION for the 'Vert.

I love the CSL look and I've had the kit on my car - complete, with spare parts, extra boots included. While the V-CSL boot for the 'vert has arguably a few good angles, for the most part it just doesn't flow. This is in large part due to the boxed corners. The Asuka flows with the 'vert corners because it has the same angles. I can't wait to sport it and I'm very proud to be number one (assuming this is the case).

David, I want to thank you for a very positive buyng experience! I hope to be doing more business with HPF. While many vendors sell the same parts (barring your turbo), what stands out is service! Thank you.

Mods in Progress
Old 03-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #56
AAblown

Weekend bump! for those not at or watching 12hrs at sebring
Old 03-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #57
330ciandr6

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to 330ciandr6 Send a message via Yahoo to 330ciandr6
Quote:
Originally Posted by N89 View Post
I can't be the only one that thinks this is ugly (at least without the rest of the parts to match)...
you are not alone

Have a oil or coolant leak? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...732&highlight=
ABS/DSC/Brake/Airbag light on?? Click here!:http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...648&highlight=
330ciandr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:01 PM   #58
monkeyjuice5150

My Ride: ///M3 droptop
Send a message via AIM to monkeyjuice5150
The trunk is crap. The design of the line doesn't match anything to the Vert trunk line nor the tail light. I have a vert m3 myself... and this trunk looks like shiet to me.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #59
GJGM3
Gonz997

I received my Asuka 'vert boot at my office today. I took it to the body shop to get it painted and installed. I Should have it back by Thursday. I noticed the cutout wasn't made for the third brake light, but the shop will handle that. I love the design of this trunk and as I've stated previously, looking at the top corners of the quarter panels the design appears to work very well, much more than the smooth curved of the CSL version for the vert. I've owned several and never quite got used to how it didn't flow. Not so with the Asuka.

The paint scheme will be to leave the top/side edges exposed as well as the outer license plate rectangle area. David, you were right about the packing! That boxed could have taken a beating and the boot wouldn't have been impacted - GREAT JOB!!! Thanks again for a great buying experience. I'll be sure to post pictures.

Sorry about the poor cell phone picture.

I bought a CSL CF diffuser that I haven't yet received. I'm going to buy a new front bumper and figure I'll just buy a new Euro version from Tischer, then add a lip.

Mods in Progress
Old 03-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #60
AAblown

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGM3 View Post
I received my Asuka 'vert boot at my office today. I took it to the body shop to get it painted and installed. I Should have it back by Thursday. I noticed the cutout wasn't made for the third brake light, but the shop will handle that. I love the design of this trunk and as I've stated previously, looking at the top corners of the quarter panels the design appears to work very well, much more than the smooth curved of the CSL version for the vert. I've owned several and never quite got used to how it didn't flow. Not so with the Asuka.

The paint scheme will be to leave the top/side edges exposed as well as the outer license plate rectangle area. David, you were right about the packing! That boxed could have taken a beating and the boot wouldn't have been impacted - GREAT JOB!!! Thanks again for a great buying experience. I'll be sure to post pictures.

Sorry about the poor cell phone picture.

I bought a CSL CF diffuser that I haven't yet received. I'm going to buy a new front bumper and figure I'll just buy a new Euro version from Tischer, then add a lip.
NICE! cant wait to see it installed and painted. Looking forward to getting mine!