E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Xi Forum

E46 Xi Forum
The E46 XI was produced from 01-05 in sedan and touring body styles. Powered by either a 2.5L inline 6 in the 325xi or a 3.0L inline 6 330xi. Discuss all thing about BMW AWD E46 'Xi' here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2016, 02:46 PM   #1
aldemond

My Ride: e46 330xi
330xi springs?

Hi everybody .. I am new to the forum and its the first time I post here ..my English is not very good so Please excuse my English..
I live in Libya and after I bought my 330i with 140k kilos costed me about 2000 U.S dollars..Japanese export. I realised that the previous owner had scammed me .. and it turned out to be a xi.. with red aftermarket coils (low ride height) and a 330i badge .. Of course as I live in a 3rd world country with no such thing as consumers protection. .I have to live with it. And xi's aren't wanted in here. . Due to lack of spares. .
I just wanted to put the car on higher coils, its difficult riding low due to bad roads ..

I didnt find the original xi coils because xi's aren't popular here .. so what is the best alternative. . Is there other Bmw coils which could be used...??
aldemond is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #2
Rob43
Hates Non-Adj. Suspensions

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
I'd contact this Ebay UK seller to see if you can workout a deal where he ships them to you for a "fair" price. I'd probably pay up to ~$205 Libyan Dinar (~$150 US Dollar) Shipped.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-E46-32...4AAOSwL7VWiYyM

Currently he has them listed as shipping to the UK only: "Posts to: United Kingdom", but if you pay what he wants he should ship them anywhere you want.

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

NEW E46 Xi COILOVERS DISCOVERED FOR ~$729 SHIPPED
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
I have a GREAT/CHEAP source on KONI SPORT Shocks & Struts at the moment !
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 07:08 PM   #3
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
330xi springs?

Parts wise for the engine most everything is the same for the XI with the exception of the oilpan, dipstick, and dipstick guide tube. I have both 330i and 330xi and most of the parts are interchangeable. The difference lay in the front end of the car due to it being AWD. Different transmission, front diff, subframe is different, front axels, and the front struts are a little different.

Overall, I would be worried about your front CV boots, if parts are really hard to get get you might have a nightmare of axels failing down the road. Get the standard suspension IE springs on the car ASAP. XI's that are lowered eat CV boots for breakfast, trust me I have a lowered XI. Plus I can image the roads in Libya make the roads were I live look great.

Cooling system is the next thing to look at. If anything fails there you are hosed. Look up Mango he had a link in his signature about cooling system and how to prevent it from failing.

ZHP Mods: JB Lightweight fly wheel (10.5 pounds), Koni FSD ProKit, Supreme Power Drop Hats, Hotchkis front(30.2mm) and rear( 25.4mm) sway bars, Sprint Booster, AFE Stage 1 Intake (Dry Filter), Morimoto EvoX-R Headlights, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, Satin Black 18x9" ET42 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

330xi Mods: Front Koni Yellow Struts and Rob43 Rear 9 Way adjustable Rear Dampers, H&R Sport Springs, Supreme Power Drop Hats, ZHP 5 speed shift knob

Last edited by zander271; 01-07-2016 at 07:11 PM.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:14 PM   #4
jmo69

My Ride: 03 325xi 98 328is
You might want to double check this but the fitment guide shows the 330xi shares springs with a number of models. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ng-31331093084 same with these for the rear, you might want to call FCP and ask them. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ar-33531095692
jmo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:18 PM   #5
Rob43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmo69 View Post
You might want to double check this but the fitment guide shows the 330xi shares springs with a number of models. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ng-31331093084 same with these for the rear, you might want to call FCP and ask them. https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ar-33531095692

So you're purposing that the OP buy & ship 4 new springs from the U.S. to Libya at a cost of roughly ~$725 U.S. dollars Shipped ???????

Rob43

Quote:
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Old 01-08-2016, 07:59 AM   #6
aldemond

Hello guys and thank you for the quick response. Thank you rob for the ebay link.. Unfortunately due to crisis in my country our currency has droped so 1 u.s Dollar = 3.3 libyan dinar .it use to be 1:1.3 . And here the wages are low so its impossible for me to buy anything from abroad.as my monthly sallary is about 250 dollars .
Lately I did some work on the car mostly myself ..Thanks to the Diy posts that I found on forums like this. I did find the right side cv boot torn as zendar mentioned above I replaced it with swag brand. Rack boots replaced with febi brand..I replaced the fuel pump and filter as the pump failed all of a sudden. . I aslo replaced the power steering pump with a Chinese mayer brand costed about 50 dollars. . The luk and zf are about 150 dollars. . By the way some fantastic used p.s pumps from Daewoo Nubira or leganza. .. you have them in the US too but I didnt find that mentioned in the forums I found one guy spending a lot of effort in modifying a Vw Golf 3 p.s pump the Daewoo as I heared here is a direct fit .. they fit with no modifications .Unfortunately I heared that after I installed the Chinese one. . I changed tranny fluid with febi Dex.6 and febi filter I reused the original gasket . The one they sold me was poor quality. .3months now no leaks..I changed rear , front differential fluid... and transfer case with wolf lube a Belgium made brand. .Liquimoly was too expensive for me. .
I changed the coolant but other cooling system components are still original. .I must change some parts to prepare it for the hot summer. . Reaches 45 degrees Celsius here..I did some rust repair myself as there was some rust under the side skirt panels. ..

Thank you guys for the provided links I am glad to know that rwd coils fit in xi's. . I think by the grace of God it will be easy and much lighter on my pocket to find. ..
I will keep you updated. .
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 PM   #7
zander271

My Ride: 6spd ZHP/5sp XI
330xi springs?

OP great work thus far! GL on finding the springs you need.

Well you learn something new...so the Daewoo on certain models share the same PS pump as the e46?!

ZHP Mods: JB Lightweight fly wheel (10.5 pounds), Koni FSD ProKit, Supreme Power Drop Hats, Hotchkis front(30.2mm) and rear( 25.4mm) sway bars, Sprint Booster, AFE Stage 1 Intake (Dry Filter), Morimoto EvoX-R Headlights, Orion V4 Angel Eyes, Satin Black 18x9" ET42 APEX ARC-8 Wheel

330xi Mods: Front Koni Yellow Struts and Rob43 Rear 9 Way adjustable Rear Dampers, H&R Sport Springs, Supreme Power Drop Hats, ZHP 5 speed shift knob

Last edited by zander271; 01-08-2016 at 06:34 PM.
zander271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:07 PM   #8
aldemond

Thanks zander ..yes I heared that from a local Bmw indy here in Tripoli. . And read it several times on Libyan Bmw fanatics fb page.. didnt try it my self..
Old 01-08-2016, 11:03 PM   #9
jmo69

My Ride: 03 325xi 98 328is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
So you're purposing that the OP buy & ship 4 new springs from the U.S. to Libya at a cost of roughly ~$725 U.S. dollars Shipped ???????

Rob43
No, just saying that if the springs are shared with other models he can maybe find some used ones locally.

2003 325xi StahlGrau metalic almost modless, just lots of new parts, wife's DD. 1998 328is lowered, X-brace, Sparco strut brace, HIDs, AEs, almost everything blacked out, my DD.
jmo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #10
Rob43

OK.

Rob43

Quote: