E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Sports Central

Sports Central
NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB, CFL, NLL, Olympics etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #1
howie

My Ride: CLK55 AMG, E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to howie Send a message via Yahoo to howie
Do refs still call traveling violations in the NBA?!?

Is it just me or are there an enormous amount of no-calls in the NBA each game when it comes to traveling violations? There's a Heat game on seems like every night down here and I swear between Lebron and D Wade I see at least 5 no-call traveling violations per game which usually end up with some nasty dunk or easy lay-ups. People are picking up their dribbles 20 feet from the basket and ending up under the rim somehow!? Defense players are getting shook out of their shoes b/c players are taking off with both feet before putting the ball down. Maybe I'm just a rule-nazi since my dad was a ref back in the day and calls out every violation in every game he's ever watched on tv

Examples:

Lebron makes this list a few times

The infamous crab walk/dribble/carry:

I'm not "hatin on the Heat" it just seems like they do it an awful lot based on that being the primary games that show on tv in my area. Is this true in every game or do they let certain players get away with it more than usual b/c it makes for a great highlight reel? Don't get me wrong, they're both great players, but those few points per player that the refs let them get away with make a huge difference each game esp when fundamentally sound players like... uummmm... let's say... uuummmm... Kobe, never really travel and somehow still get to the hoop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traveling_(basketball)
howie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #2
iwannagofast

My Ride: 01 330ci
Send a message via AIM to iwannagofast

xbox live: stopthisfall
iwannagofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
Bart Taylor

My Ride: 2000 323i touring
You are not the only one who feels this way, cannot stand that, or the pant length shorts they wear nowadays, I am not saying I wanna see a pair of balls fall out of their shorts but how about right around knee length guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistrzmiasta View Post
i know in your head that sounded like a nice comeback/argument but you just sound like a fool.
Bart Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
patdeezy

My Ride: a grey e46 sedan
Send a message via AIM to patdeezy
what about the carry or palming the ball call... so many damn players get away with this non call when its blatant the player carried the ball.

REALIE CLUB 2007 - I'M KEEPIN IT REAL!

SPONSORED BY
|SGC Godfather|
KOBE in 2012
patdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 AM   #5
howie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patdeezy View Post
what about the carry or palming the ball call... so many damn players get away with this non call when its blatant the player carried the ball.
Yeah I notice that a lot too. It's like the NBA told their reffs to let em play street ball but call some fouls every now n again to remind them people are watching at home
Old 03-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
patdeezy

My Ride: a grey e46 sedan
Send a message via AIM to patdeezy
Quote:
Originally Posted by howie View Post
Yeah I notice that a lot too. It's like the NBA told their reffs to let em play street ball but call some fouls every now n again to remind them people are watching at home
seriously, they dont call the blatant violations but will call some ticky tacky shiet

REALIE CLUB 2007 - I'M KEEPIN IT REAL!

SPONSORED BY
|SGC Godfather|
KOBE in 2012
patdeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #7
E36Eric

My Ride: E36
Send a message via AIM to E36Eric
This is entertainment. They allow violations such as traveling or palming the ball (during that first cut to the basket), that will produce a higher score get away. The dictator David Stern wants to see higher scoring games. The ticky tack fouls are great because it helps players score more by shooting free throws and stopping the clock so games are longer and more points can be produced. Not to mention, the players will get more rest and that helps them produce more points. As far as non call fouls, the NBA (Mr. Stern) just want the games to look more "exciting" with teams "battling" one another. The NBA is a business. The longer the game last, the more money they make through advertisement.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 PM   #8
howie

I hear u ^^^

That was a bloody celtics Knicks game
Old 03-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #9
Tauce says

My Ride: is imola
They miss calls for steps all the time. Most players also palm the **** out of the ball during crossover and behind the back dribbles.
Tauce says is offline   Reply With Quote