E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 11:04 PM   #41
Ronin13

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedo302 View Post
Technically, if history holds consistent, the demise of American society would likely mirror the fall of the Roman Empire. This is especially possible when you consider that Rome fell due to mass socialization and an overabundance of welfare and social programs that overtaxed people and forced everyone onto the government dole, and money dried up to pay the Legion to protect and keep fighting. Likely there would just be mass secession with the formation smaller independent countries.
And while we're on it, the police would likely stop working because the city/county/state we work for would likely just stop paying us. If I'm not getting paid, I don't care that teenagers did donuts in your front yard with a 1987 Cadillac or that you sent $5k to your cousin, the Nigerian Prince, even though you're white.
Very true, but the natural state would be very scary since we've become a violent and greedy society. Without order the anarchist situation would basically lead to whoever has the most power would take control, and when money has no value that's when guns and numbers would take over... Luckily among my family and friends we have one advantage. We also wouldn't have to worry about martial law since the military as well would stop getting paid and everyone would collapse in and protect those they love. Thank everything that I kept the connections I made while serving, that way I can just group together with those guys and we have a major tactical advantage over your average redneck with a .308.
Ronin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #42
Reedo302

My Ride: F30 328i M Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
Lemme guess; you just got a call for that?
Oddly enough, not yet tonight.

Gunfighter Training Development and Evaluation
AR15/AR10 Armorer/Advanced Armorer
Glock Armorer

Gunfighter Training YouTube Channel
Reedo302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #43
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin13 View Post
Very true, but the natural state would be very scary since we've become a violent and greedy society. Without order the anarchist situation would basically lead to whoever has the most power would take control, and when money has no value that's when guns and numbers would take over... Luckily among my family and friends we have one advantage. We also wouldn't have to worry about martial law since the military as well would stop getting paid and everyone would collapse in and protect those they love. Thank everything that I kept the connections I made while serving, that way I can just group together with those guys and we have a major tactical advantage over your average redneck with a .308.
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss people and their abilities. Several recent FBI studies have shown that gun owners today practice shooting more than the average police officer or member of the military (discounting advanced combat units, specops, and high-deployment combat arms groups). Criminals are literally out-training police. With the exception of the last d-bag, Jared Laughner, most of the past active-shooter incidents have been by guys who have done extensive training.
In my 8yrs in the Army as an MP and a BRM instructor, I can say with confidence that at least 75% of the people in the military suck at shooting and weapons handling. Most units have pathetic standards at best. It becomes very obvious how much shooting is a perishable skill.
Marines are obviously better than the other branches.

Glock Armorer

Old 04-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #44
Ronin13

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325xi
I would have to agree with you, I just finished my 4 years with the Army last October and including qualification have spend more time at the range shooting my pistols and AK in the last month than I did in my entire army career, it's pathetic. However, I've seen two cases that make me fear some, not all, gun owners, one was leaving a gun show where a young male around the age of 22/23 was leaving the building with his new pistol IN HAND and he kept locking the slide to the rear and hitting the release, very irresponsible. The other was just last week at an indoor range where four guys, and only two looked old enough to be of legal pistol owning age (21 in CO) shooting very haphazardly and not practicing the fundamentals, just shooting as many rounds at the target as fast as they could with no regard for accuracy; and to make matters worse, they had an MP-5 .22 semi-auto knock off SMG that held 30rnds just firing as fast as possible. I had a bad day and hit 8 bullseyes at 10M with 100 rounds from my 1911, these guys were lucky if they hit 2. And yes, marines are better shots than any regular force.
Ronin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #45
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin13 View Post
and only two looked old enough to be of legal pistol owning age (21 in co)
18+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #46
nightrunner20

My Ride: will eat your dust
Send a message via AIM to nightrunner20
9mm. thousands of rounds.

12 gauge

And rifle ammunition

If their were an apocalypse I sure hope there will be zombies. Or I'll be very disappointed.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Bimmer App
Old 05-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #47
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrunner20 View Post

If their were an apocalypse I sure hope there will be zombies. Or I'll be very disappointed.

PS. Bin Laden DEAD, shot in the HEAD !

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!

Last edited by Rob43; 05-01-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #48
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
He was shot in head?
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #49
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I stock condoms and liquid KY jelly.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #50
nightrunner20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Matt View Post
He was shot in head?
I wish they were more specific on how he was killed. I guess it was during a fire fight. That's all I know. A head shot seems odd for a situation like that.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:03 PM   #51
Reedo302

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrunner20 View Post
I wish they were more specific on how he was killed. I guess it was during a fire fight. That's all I know. A head shot seems odd for a situation like that.

The story is that he was cornered and ordered to surrender, but he resisted and attempted to use two women as human shields. One was his wife. One of the females was fatally shot by DevGru during that. DevGru popped him in the chest, and then twice in the side of the head.
The actual firefight portion was outside and then inside the walled compound as they fought their way to get to him.
Head shots are standard fare for Tier 1 groups like 6th SEALs NavSpecWar DevGru and 1-SFOD-D,CAG

Glock Armorer

Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #52
nightrunner20

Quote:
The story is that he was cornered and ordered to surrender, but he resisted and attempted to use two women as human shields. One was his wife. One of the females was fatally shot by DevGru during that. DevGru popped him in the chest, and then twice in the side of the head.
The actual firefight portion was outside and then inside the walled compound as they fought their way to get to him.
Head shots are standard fare for Tier 1 groups like 6th SEALs NavSpecWar DevGru and 1-SFOD-D,CAG

nice! I like that. He knew his fate when he saw it. I thought maybe he was shot and never saw it coming.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:47 PM   #53
Reedo302

I like to think that they just capped his ass for the hell of it. Seal Team 6 doesn't mess around. Dick Marcinko basically set that team up as a professional hit squad.

Glock Armorer

Old 05-04-2011, 07:27 PM   #54
DaveXDefiant

My Ride: 03 325i
Quote:
I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss people and their abilities. Several recent FBI studies have shown that gun owners today practice shooting more than the average police officer or member of the military (discounting advanced combat units, specops, and high-deployment combat arms groups). Criminals are literally out-training police. With the exception of the last d-bag, Jared Laughner, most of the past active-shooter incidents have been by guys who have done extensive training.
In my 8yrs in the Army as an MP and a BRM instructor, I can say with confidence that at least 75% of the people in the military suck at shooting and weapons handling. Most units have pathetic standards at best. It becomes very obvious how much shooting is a perishable skill.
Marines are obviously better than the other branches.
im not a great shot but im at the range at least once a week and my dad who is a 15 year sheriffs went more with me in the last two months that her did in the last 15 years.

Quote:
I like to think that they just capped his ass for the hell of it. Seal Team 6 doesn't mess around. Dick Marcinko basically set that team up as a professional hit squad.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #55
Fisch330ciTopasBlau
Yes...I do think I hate you

My Ride: A car.
I'd still stock myself a decent amount of arrows and a couple bows/crossbows.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma
-pessimum genus inimicorum laudantes: flatterers are the worst type of enemies
Fisch330ciTopasBlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #56
Serbonze
Master of his domain.

My Ride: My wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisch330ciTopasBlau View Post
I'd still stock myself a decent amount of arrows and a couple bows/crossbows.
I've been thinking about picking up a bow or a crossbow. Any suggetions on a bare-bones entry level model for each?
Old 05-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #57
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
I've been thinking about picking up a bow or a crossbow. Any suggetions on a bare-bones entry level model for each?
Found this....

http://crossbow.pikimal.com/top/for/pikirank

Good luck.

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #58
Fisch330ciTopasBlau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbonze View Post
For bows, I've only shot Bear and Hoyt. I'd say a lot of the starter/budget bows industry wide would be comparable though. I really want to get a Hoyt Carbon Element (compound) in black

For Crossbows I like the look of the PSE's TAC series though they aren't cheap and I've never shot one.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma

Last edited by Fisch330ciTopasBlau; 05-05-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 PM   #59
DaveXDefiant

My Ride: 03 325i
dammmmn^^^
Old 05-05-2011, 08:39 PM   #60
Fisch330ciTopasBlau

yeah, it's hot.
They have ready-to-shoot models and just the uppers to attach to your own AR lower.

-8/21/2007 RIP Grandma