E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #61
hatepotholez

My Ride: 135i
Damn thats crazy, what regular buyer can win against that?
hatepotholez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #62
overheadvalve

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
You cant win however if your looking for E46 or older 5 series or older BMW in general you stand a chance at a solid wholesale purchase price because these models are to old for CPO and new car dealers are not bidding crazy on them. The older iron is not typically found at Manheim however because most of their cars are lease end, program (rental), or repo's from big time finance arms. BMW Credit, Toyota Motor Credit, Chase Auto etc.
overheadvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #63
mach.schnell

My Ride: 08/2000 330Cic x2
Quote:
Originally Posted by overheadvalve View Post
You can win however if ...
(Fixed?)
mach.schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:38 PM   #64
overheadvalve

My Ride: 2004 330i ZHP
I would not say fixed. Manheim is an important part of the dealer network inventory supply. Most all finance arms run lease end, rental, repo's, inventory overstock, through Manheim. These are the same finance arms dealing with the dealers multi-million dollar floor plans. If say a BMW dealer has a Ford Franchise then that dealer can attend a Ford Motor Credit Dealer Only auction and bid on cars. The purchase goes directly on the floor plan the dealer may have set up with FMC. Manheim is pretty much a new car dealer game. Very protected and not a ton of older cars to pick over for the used car dealer. These cars tend to end up more a the local auctions, Copart, etc. It's not fixed it's just the finance arms outlet and you have to be associated with the finance arm to attend the Model Only/Dealer Only auctions. I know mid to high line used car dealers who cant touch a BMW at Manheim bidding against BMW dealers who get the finance incentives and intend to CPO the cars. But again, we are talking about very late model BMW's. Not a 10 year old E46.
overheadvalve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #65
hatepotholez

My Ride: 135i
Very interesting information, I honestly did not know that manufacturers had dealer only auctions. I guess the Infiniti salesman wasn't lying after all.
hatepotholez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:35 PM   #66
Shooters04M3

My Ride: 04 BMW M3
I have access to manheim auto auction my fathers a car dealer
Shooters04M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM   #67
konawel

My Ride: is low and slow
Quote:
I would not say fixed. Manheim is an important part of the dealer network inventory supply. Most all finance arms run lease end, rental, repo's, inventory overstock, through Manheim. These are the same finance arms dealing with the dealers multi-million dollar floor plans. If say a BMW dealer has a Ford Franchise then that dealer can attend a Ford Motor Credit Dealer Only auction and bid on cars. The purchase goes directly on the floor plan the dealer may have set up with FMC. Manheim is pretty much a new car dealer game. Very protected and not a ton of older cars to pick over for the used car dealer. These cars tend to end up more a the local auctions, Copart, etc. It's not fixed it's just the finance arms outlet and you have to be associated with the finance arm to attend the Model Only/Dealer Only auctions. I know mid to high line used car dealers who cant touch a BMW at Manheim bidding against BMW dealers who get the finance incentives and intend to CPO the cars. But again, we are talking about very late model BMW's. Not a 10 year old E46.
maybe out in iowa, but not bordentown manheim. with the exception of retailers, it's pretty easy to get anything your looking for within reasonable mmr
Old 04-05-2011, 10:40 PM   #68
mach.schnell

My Ride: 08/2000 330Cic x2
Quote:
I would not say fixed...
Ahh... You wished to say... "You can't win. (period - start new sentence) However if you're.....

Got it. Sorry.
mach.schnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:21 PM   #69
zhenkaaaM3

My Ride: Fst'r then your e46
can anyone PM me access to manheim just to see whats going on over there? I have too many cars in mind to ask someone to look it up for me.

I used to be an e46 owner. I love this one more.

zhenkaaaM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:30 PM   #70
Herbalicious

My Ride: 330ci, M3, Z06
I have access...what ya need?
Herbalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #71
TurnBackTime

My Ride: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbalicious View Post
I have access...what ya need?
Herbalicious....I need info on used 2008 BMW M5 coming off lease as well....can you help?
TurnBackTime is offline   Reply With Quote