E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #81
dwass325

My Ride: CTA
Send a message via AIM to dwass325
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
I just started this stuff and I don't feel a thing. Started with one pill in the morning then went to one in the morning and one 6hrs later and today is two in the morning and one 6hrs later.

I don't feel any heat whatsoever and I don't know if I even feel the caffeine. Keep in mid I never even take in caffeine.
Did you take it prior to cardio? Like Ara said, that's a good test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacques chirac View Post
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

It's more easy to kill with a sword than with a gun.

A sword is more frightening than toy-looking gun like glock.

robbing with a sword is a good thing
dwass325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #82
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
Did you take it prior to cardio? Like Ara said, that's a good test.
No I take it in the mornings as soon as I wake up and again when I'm just sitting at my desk at work
DylloS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #83
Mike Larry

My Ride: 575 nello
is this stuff better than a traditional ec stack?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:10 PM   #84
kpxl1023

My Ride: 24's
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwass325 View Post
It's basically this- if you use it irresponsibly, you can essentially shut down you metabolism. You will suddenly be able to get fat off 800 calories whereas (as an athletic person) it might have previously taken 4800 to make you fat.
holy sh!t! that's scary man I never knew of that..is that what insulin resistance means?
kpxl1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #85
dwass325

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpxl1023 View Post
holy sh!t! that's scary man I never knew of that..is that what insulin resistance means?
Insulin resistance can also cause a person to gain fat (or have trouble losing weight) but these are two different things inside your body.

One key difference is that eating crappy can definitely lead to insulin resistance problems. I'm not aware of any dietary decisions that can cause issues similar to abuse of T3.

Quote:
I don't see what is ridiculous by robbing with a sword.A sword in one od the most lethal wepon !!!

Old 04-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #86
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
That's why people who eat less than they should when trying to lose weight actually gain fat.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:09 PM   #87
kpxl1023

no wonder ive heard ppl saying that once you get off steroids you get fat..so is this a permanent issue that these ppl have to deal with for life?
Old 04-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #88
dwass325

Quote:
no wonder ive heard ppl saying that once you get off steroids you get fat..so is this a permanent issue that these ppl have to deal with for life?
Steroids and T3 are not the same thing.

The reason people say you get fat when you stop using steroids is the same as any other athlete - you've been doing something for years (lifting, playing football, etc) that required a well above average number of calories. After stopping the drug and/or sport, people generally tend to eat the same... which is too many calories for their new level of activity.

Quote:

Old 04-18-2011, 12:17 AM   #89
BMW_Matt

My Ride: Has AWD
Quote:
T3 is not a steroid. It is a thyroid hormone. It can and probably will mess with your thyroid and how natural hormones are produced. Even cycling it with clen, and a E/c/y stack can mess you up if you don't know what you're doing.
BMW_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #90
kpxl1023

so steroids, hgh, and t3 are all completely different things? i thought they were all classified as steroids..
Old 04-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #91
DylloS

Quote:
so steroids, hgh, and t3 are all completely different things? i thought they were all classified as steroids..
it depends who you ask. If you ask someone that knows about them they aren't, but if you ask MLB what they are most people will call the steroids lol.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #92
dwass325

Quote:
They would all be grouped together as performance enhancing drugs (the T3 is more of an aesthetic thing but whatever), but they are very different things.

Quote:

Old 04-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #93
e4sixxx

My Ride: 2000 328ci
Quote:
No I take it in the mornings as soon as I wake up and again when I'm just sitting at my desk at work
same here started using OEP 2 weeks ago and with a combination of diet and NO execise, I went from 260 and I'm now at 225, Ive decided 2 months ago to become a vegetarian, I had a life changing epiphany when decided to become a vegitarian, I gave up soda and junk foods. it was easy for me since i actually like vegtables,also another reason was that I want to look good on my wedding in september. I didnt want to be a fat slob next to my wife to be.
e4sixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #94
Schrock

My Ride: Floaties
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4sixxx View Post
same here started using OEP 2 weeks ago and with a combination of diet and NO execise, I went from 260 and I'm now at 225, Ive decided 2 months ago to become a vegetarian, I had a life changing epiphany when decided to become a vegitarian, I gave up soda and junk foods. it was easy for me since i actually like vegtables,also another reason was that I want to look good on my wedding in september. I didnt want to be a fat slob next to my wife to be.
Question: Would you have still experienced an "epiphany" if you lost the same weight, cut out soda & junk foods, but through a healthy animal protein diet and not through vegetarianism?

...I'm speculating that people lose a good amount of weight when they make extreme changes like you did (i.e. converting to a vegetarian diet of far fewer calories) and then make the claim that a vegetarian diet is superior, healthier, and allows for greater weight lost compared to an animal protein diet. Then said vegetarians share their great stories of weight loss and life changes, write books, and then all congregate in Boulder!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #95
e4sixxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock View Post
Question: Would you have still experienced an "epiphany" if you lost the same weight, cut out soda & junk foods, but through a healthy animal protein diet and not through vegetarianism?

...I'm speculating that people lose a good amount of weight when they make extreme changes like you did (i.e. converting to a vegetarian diet of far fewer calories) and then make the claim that a vegetarian diet is superior, healthier, and allows for greater weight lost compared to an animal protein diet. Then said vegetarians share their great stories of weight loss and life changes, write books, and then all congregate in Boulder!
Let me explain my life changing moment, well first off I dont have a facebook or any social networking sites so I dont look a pictures of my self through pictures. I see my self everyday in the mirror but I look past the fat and just see myself, if that makes any sense. But in the back of my mind every day I always thought that I had to lose weight, I always told myself that I would start working out again next monday then when monday rolls around i dont do sh!t. If I do get a routine going, itll only last for a week or two at the most. I am a manager at At&t and all I do is sit in front of a computer for 10+ hours a day, so I cant seem to get pumped or motivated at all to go to the gym. Although I pay a monthly membership that I am wasting. Back to when I decided, we went shooting about 2 months ago and my fiance took videos and she sent one to me. it was of me shooting my m4, the first words from my mouth after watching the video was" wow im a fat piece of sh!t" and I didnt realize I let my self go till that day. I remember in a thread that Jacques Chirach (sp?) started of his wheight loss, he said " you dont loose 75lbs eating crap" and thats what played in my head. The the moment of realization was not after the fact I decided to diet, it was the cause for my diet. In no way do I think I am better than any one, or that vegetarianism is far superior diet than a healthy animal protein diet. I know I lack protein in my diet, but when I get down to my ideal weight which is 190-200, I still want to be a big guy, I will look into a more balanced diet. Choosing not to eat meat made it easier for me to figure out what I wanted to eat for lunch everyday. It's no longer "what am I going to eat today? mcd's. jack in the box, or burger king". By cutting out the meat my options were very limited. This is working for me and in no way I preach to people and tell them that this is the way. I even told my fiance that she doesnt have to become vegetarian just cause I am, and frankly I dont care if she decides to do it or not. I just had that moment where I just had to do it. Since I believe her mindset isnt where mine was when I decided, it would be more dificult for her to follow suit.

Last edited by e4sixxx; 04-18-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #96
DylloS

Quote:
let me explain my life changing moment, well first off i dont have a facebook or any social networking sites so i dont look a pictures of my self through pictures. i see my self everyday in the mirror but i look past the fat and just see myself, if that makes any sense. but in the back of my mind every day i always thought that i had to lose weight, i always told myself that i would start working out again next monday then when monday rolls around i dont do sh!t. or if i do get a routine going, itll only last for a week or two at the most. im a manager at At&t and all i do is sit infront of a computer for 10+ hours a day, so i cant seem to get pumped or motivated at all to go to the gym. although i pay a monthly membership that i am wasting. so back to when i decided, we went shooting about 2 months ago and my fiance took videos and she sent one to me. it was of me shooting my m4, the first words from my mouth after watching hte video was" wow im a fat piece of sh!t" and i didnt realize i let my self go till that day. and i remember in a thread that Jacques Chirach (sp?) started of his wheight loss, he said " you dont loose 75lbs eating crap" and thats what played in my head. the the moment of realization was not after the fact i decided to diet, it was the cause for my diet. in no way do i think i am better than any one, or that vegetarianism is far superior diet than a healthy animal protein diet. i know i lack protein in my diet, but when i get down to my ideal weight which is 190-200, i still want to be a big guy, i will look into a more balanced diet. choosing not to eat meat made it easier for me to figure out what i wanted to eat for lunch. its no longer " what am i going to eat today? mcd's. jack in the box, or burger king." by cutting out the meat my desicions were very limited. this is working for me and in no way i preach to people and tell them that this is the way. i even told my fiance that she doesnt have to become vegetarian just cause i am, and frankly i dont care if she decides to do it or not. i just had that moment where i just had to do it. since i believe her mindset isnt where mine was when i decided, it would be mor dificult for her to follow suit.
If that's what you need to lose weight, you'll most likely put it right back on once you really start missing meat.

You cna do what you did with a little more will power. Put this in your head. You don't keep weight off by making unreasonable changes.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #97
Glight

My Ride: 2003 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrock View Post

Exactly what I was thinking.
Glight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #98
e4sixxx

Quote:
If that's what you need to lose weight, you'll most likely put it right back on once you really start missing meat.

You cna do what you did with a little more will power. Put this in your head. You don't keep weight off by making unreasonable changes.
i understand what your saying, its happened to me before when i was younger i went from 230 down to 180, combination of depression, lack of eating and still trying to work out. and yes it did come back. Im not trying to just be a vegetarian for the time being, but i believe its a lifestyle change. I can eat the way i do even with someone eating steak or other delicious meats in front of me. as for right now i dont miss eating meat, nor have i had a craving for it. i even bought a brand new bbq grill after i decided to become a vegetarian, which i have used to entertain guests at a bbq get together at my house. i bbqed and didnt even think about eating just one piece.

Last edited by e4sixxx; 04-18-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: im a retard
Old 04-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #99
DylloS

Quote:
i understand what your saying, its happened to me before when i was younger i went from 230 down to 180, combination of depression, lack of eating and still trying to work out. and yes it did come back. Im not trying to just be a vegetarian for the time being, but i believe its a lifestyle change. I can eat the way i do even with someone eating steak or other delicious meats in front of me. as for right now i dont miss eating meat, nor have i had a craving for it. i even bought a brand new bbq grill after i decided to become a vegetarian, which i have used to entertain guests at a bbq get together at my house. i bbqed and didnt even think about eating just one piece.
how long have you been a vegetarian. Also, why don't you just get a little bit of will power so you can eat meat? You make it seem like without this choice, you have no hope.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:58 PM   #100
e4sixxx

Quote:
how long have you been a vegetarian. Also, why don't you just get a little bit of will power so you can eat meat? You make it seem like without this choice, you have no hope.
so far 2 months. but with this descision it made it easier for me, also in my eyes i have will power, to not to eat meat.