E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #41
yanksfan e46

My Ride: 04 M3
yea man, i SHOULD be there... unless we have another Government Shutdown threat... You owe us all coffee as well for NOT showing up!! haha jk man.. there was only about 30 cars there because the weather...

"It doesn't guarantee you a world championship. If you had a phenomenal football team and spent $200 [million], you could have a dynasty. In baseball, any team can beat any team on any given day. That's what makes baseball so great." GO YANKEES!!!!

I HAVE OEM STUFF FOR SALE PM ME!!!!!
yanksfan e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #42
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan e46 View Post
You owe us all coffee as well for NOT showing up!!
Fair deal, lol.......

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #43
eddyys

My Ride: M3 SMG CP Imola Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Sorry I couldn't make it fellas, something came up . If you guys are up to coming back out next Saturday, I'll be there for sure......
Scott, Chase, you guys coming next Saturday?

No problem fellas....
I think Chase is going up to NJ. Ill be there though.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
(PSS10, TMS Sways, TMS Camber Kit, DPE MT20, TMS Carbon Fiber Intake, TMS Power Pulleys, HPF Oil Cooler, V-CSL Front Bumper w/CF Lip, CF Fenders, GTR CF Hood, CSL CF Trunk Lid, CSL CF Diffuser, Remus Race Exhaust, 3M Carbon Fiber Roof Vinyl from Beyond Graffix)
eddyys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #44
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
I actually will be there if the weather is nice. Will likely bring the truck again. The 3 will be going up to jersey that afternoon for a show Sunday

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:51 PM   #45
02black330ci

Nice, hopefully the weather holds up

Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #46
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
Nice, hopefully the weather holds up
Exactly. I can't take these April showers.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #47
eddyys

Kool, ill be there with some new shiny LEDs (Liquid Emitting Diode) and Angels Eyes but I need someone to program a few things. Can anyone help me out when I head down?

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
(PSS10, TMS Sways, TMS Camber Kit, DPE MT20, TMS Carbon Fiber Intake, TMS Power Pulleys, HPF Oil Cooler, V-CSL Front Bumper w/CF Lip, CF Fenders, GTR CF Hood, CSL CF Trunk Lid, CSL CF Diffuser, Remus Race Exhaust, 3M Carbon Fiber Roof Vinyl from Beyond Graffix)
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #48
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Program a few things? What do you mean?

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Wrapping an E46 in Vinyl : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ghlight=bronze
Old 04-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #49
eddyys

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_328CI View Post
Program a few things? What do you mean?
Sorry for being vague, let me elaborate.

I would like to make changes to the light control module so that I don't get errors from the lights, I am not sure this is necessary but we will see later in the week after I put on 66 LED Angels from City Vision and LEDs into the interior, license plate lights, and backup lights. I wont need it for the angel eyes but I am not sure about how the rest will go. I doubt it will be a problem since really all it is are LEDs in light bulb assemblies.

I know of ibus controllers like NavCoder (http://www.siegenthaler.co.nz/navcoder/index.htm) but I am not 100% on a few things, like the cord and what will actually happen after installation, so we will see.

Also, when you put in that interior with Max, check out those license plate lights because VA cops like to make quota with infractions like that. Just noticed they were out last night.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-11-2011, 12:23 PM   #50
eddyys

Lol, just realized the LEDs wont fit and have to get the CCFLs.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP

Last edited by eddyys; 04-11-2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:28 PM   #51
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
Where did you get the LED's from? You might have the ones for Halogen headlights instead of the ones for XENON headlights.

I don't have my Diagnostics laptop fully functional yet, so coding isn't possible yet, but should be in a couple of weeks.

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #52
eddyys

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_f22_pilot View Post
Where did you get the LED's from? You might have the ones for Halogen headlights instead of the ones for XENON headlights.

I don't have my Diagnostics laptop fully functional yet, so coding isn't possible yet, but should be in a couple of weeks.
Modbargains, i got the leds replaced with the ccfls before they shipped it so all is good.

Just planning what im gonna order next and probably gonna get carbon fiber trim darkest possible. Im thinking about redoing the steering trim as well and just mold it into one peice instead of the two. Sin e it the competition package there is only one button on the wheel for track mode. It shouldnt be a hard peice to do.

Im just still trying to figure out if i should do custom carbon fiber trim with red interlaced to match the imola red. The trim is too much for me too do if i were to do it. I would have to find someone with the mold for the trim and give him the color interlaced fiber. I wouldnt redo any of the colors on the lether but i would change the stiching. Its just a thought and any input will help.

Thanks.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #53
eddyys

Saturday ain't looking so great http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USVA0324

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #54
02black330ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyys View Post
Saturday ain't looking so great http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USVA0324
No it ain't, just checked it a few minutes ago, WTF!!! Damn showers.....

Old 04-13-2011, 09:08 AM   #55
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Hopefully the weather gets nicer

Old 04-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #56
eddyys

Quote:
Hopefully the weather gets nicer
Hopefully, was looking at 4x4s last night on craigslist (4runners and Jeeps) but every range rover I would come across had 22in chrome rims with itty bitty tires that just fit under the fenders. =/ Im just trying to figure out how you got yours without the same modifications.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-13-2011, 10:14 AM   #57
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Hopefully, was looking at 4x4s last night on craigslist (4runners and Jeeps) but every range rover I would come across had 22in chrome rims with itty bitty tires that just fit under the fenders. =/ Im just trying to figure out how you got yours without the same modifications.
Be prepared to look around extensively if you want a P38. Most of them were originally bought either as a baby hauler or for their practical, functional hauling (boats, trailers, equipment). As a result, most were put through some form of hell (soda spilling, axles being tested, etc). On top of that, you then had the secondary market, this is where things got even worse. Reason being, the initial owners typically spent top dollar, got things fixed, and had a warranty for most repairs. Once out of that, the secondary owners skimp on fixing them up, buy cheaper parts, get things done half-@$$ed, etc.

Then, to top off all the above, given that these are a decade old, they then went through a tertiary ownership... most either went to people who wanted a collectors truck (type of person like me) who loved them, or they went to people who wanted to turn them into cheap rapper-wannabe trucks... The latter group takes crummy care of them most of the time. In fact, the guy who tinted my truck said the only P38s he had seen come through were repainted (usually purple or some ridiculous color), chrome rims,e tc..

Mine when I first picked it up... unbastardized and classy

Old 04-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #58
eddyys

Does sound about right. They really are automotive masterpieces. I am just looking for something I can drive in the snow/mud up in frederick for fly fishing/hunting/biking along with possibly towing the m3, but not enough to make it a trailer queen.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #59
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Does sound about right. They really are automotive masterpieces. I am just looking for something I can drive in the snow/mud up in frederick for fly fishing/hunting/biking along with possibly towing the m3, but not enough to make it a trailer queen.
I wouldn't worry about trailering the M unless you really turn it into a full on show car. I daily drove mine up until the last year or so. As for towing, look carefully at the numbers... there aren't many that could safely tow a car out of what you mentioned (4runner, jeep)... the rover has crazy towing capabilities for an SUV.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #60
eddyys

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about trailering the M unless you really turn it into a full on show car. I daily drove mine up until the last year or so. As for towing, look carefully at the numbers... there aren't many that could safely tow a car out of what you mentioned (4runner, jeep)... the rover has crazy towing capabilities for an SUV.
That is true, now that I look at the specs.

If I were to get a range rover it would be from the late 90s, when owned by BMW. That would be a nice truck to get, but I am a bit worried about maintainer. If I keep it serviced properly though, it should run forever.

Ill just keep the M for a daily for now and see where it goes from there.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP