E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Mid Atlantic
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
DC DE MD PA VA WV

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #61
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

My Ride: 328Ci | Range Rover
Send a message via AIM to 2000_328CI Send a message via MSN to 2000_328CI
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyys View Post
That is true, now that I look at the specs.

If I were to get a range rover it would be from the late 90s, when owned by BMW. That would be a nice truck to get, but I am a bit worried about maintainer. If I keep it serviced properly though, it should run forever.

Ill just keep the M for a daily for now and see where it goes from there.
Owned by BMW from 94-2000. The 95-99s were all based off of prior designs and incorporated ZERO BMW engineering efforts. Mid 99, they revised the engine to include Bosch' intake management system from the then BMW 7 series. Proved more reliable but a bit more obnoxious to work on.

Despite selling the brand in 2000 to Ford, the predecessor to the P38s had much more BMW in the genes of the vehicle. That said, those are still rather pricey and comparably much more expensive to maintain (to give you an example, an air spring for the p38 can be purchased for under 250... air springs for the newer bodies are maybe 600-800.

That said, I would NEVER buy a Rover as a daily driver unless you are good with a tool box. And, should you get stuff done through a mechanic or dealer, you will spend an arm and a leg. The M will suddenly seem cheap to keep up and running.

They are fun cars though.

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Back Up Camera for E46 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ckrDiAClGgM
Muffler Delete on E46 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYhRq0T3eI
2000_328CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:15 AM   #62
eddyys

My Ride: M3 SMG CP Imola Red
Heh, I just got schooled. Ill take your word for it

Still looking for something as a daily driver and something that wont be useless when it comes to a bit of off road and bad weather with cheap maintenance. Thus either a 4runner or jeep (they make a million parts for these damn things). As for hauling something, eh, we will see.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
(PSS10, TMS Sways, TMS Camber Kit, DPE MT20, TMS Carbon Fiber Intake, TMS Power Pulleys, HPF Oil Cooler, V-CSL Front Bumper w/CF Lip, CF Fenders, GTR CF Hood, CSL CF Trunk Lid, CSL CF Diffuser, Remus Race Exhaust, 3M Carbon Fiber Roof Vinyl from Beyond Graffix)
eddyys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:24 AM   #63
yanksfan e46

My Ride: 04 M3
i have a 2000 4runner and got it for pretty cheap.. ($11,500) with only 58k miles and use it for my DD... just look around to find something that wasent abused for pretty cheap... OR DD ur ///M.. hopefully c u guys saturday!!!! Dont B*tch OUT!!!!

"It doesn't guarantee you a world championship. If you had a phenomenal football team and spent $200 [million], you could have a dynasty. In baseball, any team can beat any team on any given day. That's what makes baseball so great." GO YANKEES!!!!

I HAVE OEM STUFF FOR SALE PM ME!!!!!
yanksfan e46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:26 AM   #64
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan e46 View Post
i have a 2000 4runner and got it for pretty cheap.. ($11,500) with only 58k miles and use it for my DD... just look around to find something that wasent abused for pretty cheap... OR DD ur ///M.. hopefully c u guys saturday!!!! Dont B*tch OUT!!!!
See, that's the crazy part. Those 4runners are more expensive then the rovers. I bought mine for almost half what you paid for yours (granted it has a little less than half the mileage).

Comes down to reliability or creature comforts. Also, if you can't do the work on the 4runner, you'll still be ok with repairs as there are tons of shops that can do it.

FWIW, I love the 4runners

Everything you need to know on muffler deletes : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=745244
Old 04-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #65
eddyys

Yep. One of my previous co-workers had a 4runner and during lunch he would ask me to help him repair that thing. He used to put 100 miles a day on that thing. It was really easy to work on and every part was like 20 bucks. Replaced the fuel pump, starter, and belts and every time it only took an hour or two to do.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
(PSS10, TMS Sways, TMS Camber Kit, DPE MT20, TMS Carbon Fiber Intake, TMS Power Pulleys, HPF Oil Cooler, V-CSL Front Bumper w/CF Lip, CF Fenders, GTR CF Hood, CSL CF Trunk Lid, CSL CF Diffuser, Remus Race Exhaust, 3M Carbon Fiber Roof Vinyl from Beyond Graffix)
Old 04-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #66
yanksfan e46

yea one of the many reasons why i bought the 4runner... its soo reliable and very easy to fix if something breaks...

"It doesn't guarantee you a world championship. If you had a phenomenal football team and spent $200 [million], you could have a dynasty. In baseball, any team can beat any team on any given day. That's what makes baseball so great." GO YANKEES!!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 PM   #67
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
I guess tomorrow is out of the question

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #68
yanksfan e46

yea i just saw the weather... ohh well... theres always next week

Old 04-15-2011, 11:20 PM   #69
eddyys

Yah, well. I wanted to show off the angel eyes but there is always next week. Plus I have to finish them. LOL!

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #70
yanksfan e46

BUMP for Saturday!!! Its supposed to be nice!!!

Old 04-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #71
eddyys

Quote:
BUMP for Saturday!!! Its supposed to be nice!!!
Ditto. Ill be there. Should have a few new things put on by then. Still getting stuff in the mail and sending parts out to custom shops.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #72
yanksfan e46

Quote:
Ditto. Ill be there. Should have a few new things put on by then. Still getting stuff in the mail and sending parts out to custom shops.
sweet.. cant wait to see what u got accomplished... let me know if you need help installing ANYTHING on ur car...

Old 04-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #73
BMWDon

My Ride: Needs a cage
you sure it's supposed to be nice saturday? looks like ass on weather.com
Old 04-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #74
eddyys

Quote:
sweet.. cant wait to see what u got accomplished... let me know if you need help installing ANYTHING on ur car...
Well, at the current moment the only things I have installed were the fire hazard angel eyes (half installed and going to uninstall them) and LEDs inside and LED turn turn signals (error free). The outside turn signals do glow though even when they are not on. (I do not know if I like that)

I have the following in route:

- LED V2 Orion Multi Angel Eyes w/remote

- Carbon Fiber Trim Overlay (they dont sell the trim kit only overlays. Also need someone to help me figure out what is wrong with my trim before I install it because it keeps popping out.)

- Carbon Fiber SMG handles

- Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel (need to send out the top half to someone to get overlayed with CF to match the bottom)

- Smoked Turn Signals

- Carbon Fiber Side Grills and Kidney Grills (not going to put on until i get the GTR hood and CSL trunk and CSL front bumper and CSL diffuser painted and put on along with powder coating the stock OEM CP wheels (possibly im not sold on the powder coating due to strength issues and other ****) and 20% tint or else it looks like rice)

- Dynavin with Back up camera from Jeff (like chase) and the conversion kit to drop climate controls down.

I think the above is enough to keep me busy for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDon View Post
you sure it's supposed to be nice saturday? looks like ass on weather.com
It will most likely be afternoon storms. The morning should be warm and sunny.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP

Last edited by eddyys; 04-20-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:09 PM   #75
yanksfan e46

Quote:

I hope it doesnt rain at all... im going to the Yankees/Orioles game Sat. night!! .... But yes, if its NOT raining, im definitely going..

Old 04-22-2011, 09:49 PM   #76
02black330ci

My Ride: spaceship
Quote:
We are out of luck again, all sorts of none sense tomorrow

02black330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #77
eddyys

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02black330ci View Post
We are out of luck again, all sorts of none sense tomorrow
Promptly tell this weather to go **** itself.

- Mike

05 e46 M3 IR SMG CP
Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #78
yanksfan e46

Quote:
Promptly tell this weather to go **** itself.
yea i know... this $h*t better stop for the game tonight..

Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 AM   #79
2000_328CI
DK Jack Sparrow

Been up since 4

Old 04-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #80
tnickols

My Ride: Mystic Blue 04 325ci
hey i'm a new bmw owner (04 325ci) living in Reston and was wondering if any of you guys in the GF area have done the angel eye mod to a facelifted coupe?
tnickols is offline   Reply With Quote