E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #1
legerek

My Ride: 2002 330xi,2009 328x
reset air bag light and help with tri-fector lights

Hi new to e46 but have been a member of 318.org and e90 for awhile. just bought a 2002 330xi and still have grease under my finger nails from all the wrenching i have done to get it up to snuff.
I am now down to the final two problems and i need some help. I replaced drive side regulator and did not remove the battery so the air bag light is on,anyone can help reset it ? And the bigger problem the trac control light,abs,and brake light are on,i have read most on the 100 plus page thread on the subject and just want to make sure it is the module before i pull the trigger and replace it.So i am looking for anyone who has the software to try to communicate with the module if it is dead i will buy a new one and then have that same "new Friend" code it for me.But seriously i will pay a reasonable fee for your help thanks and great to be on board with the E46ers.
legerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:55 PM   #2
Robbski

My Ride: 2005 ZHP
On the airbag -- BMW has an airbag recall going on for all E46s http://www.autoblog.com/2014/07/16/b...call-official/

If you haven't had yours done bring it and have it done they'll have to reset the light when they finish the job and voila problem solved (unless you are in a hurry or need a MA inspection sticker because the parts are apparently in short supply.)

On the trifecta. Have you done the wheel sensor? That was the cause of my bout with trifectaitis.
Robbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 05:20 PM   #3
legerek

My Ride: 2002 330xi,2009 328x
air bag

hi Robbski thanks for your reply and yeah i am on the recall but need a sticker in January and the dealer is saying they may not have enough stock till April and even then it will be first on the list and i was not that quick to call so i might not see then till the summer!!!
As for the lights yes i did do the sensor thing with mixed results. my numbers where not like the post in the diode mode but they where all the same so i am pretty sure that they are ok because i doubt all would be bad. I am leaning toward the control module but the fact that on my car that was not as common and it is up near the fire wall away from heat i am just not sure and would like to know before i spend 500 dollars new and another 100 to program. The rebuild thing seems to hit or miss.
Thanks again for your reply
legerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
If you end up replacing your LCM module, then I suggest you get one that has either s/w 4.0 or 4.5 on it. Order an LCM module that comes with an '06 and you should have one with s/w 4.5. With this module you can also code in one-touch triple blink, which was available with s/w 4.0 and 4.5...
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL Interior Door Panels l OEM CSL Bootlid l CSL Center Console | Nav s/w v32 | LCM s/w 4.5 One-Touch Triple Blink | OEM Black Interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber Strut Bar/SSK/Cross-Drilled Rotors l Gruppe M CAI l BMW iPod/Sirius Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l One piece 1x1 cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 12-04-2014 at 08:03 AM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote