E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > New England

New England
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
MA ME NH RI VT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 01:29 PM   #261
trizzuth

My Ride: gobbles oil like a B
WTF is happening here? Who is talking about moving to Texas? Don't do it. Don't. you'll hate yourself forever. Sure, BMWs don't rust as much down there, but it's new england, it has character, we move at the speed of light compared to everywhere else! seriously, just don't do it!

and Chris, you're limiting your search area too much to the west. Get a cheap azz bachelor-pad-house-boat, rent a boat slip for a year, BAM, mobile pad on the water!!!! that would be siiiiiick.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #262
trizzuth

That's it?? what a wuss small town. In a wuss area. Good rap down there near houston however.

http://www.westlake-tx.org/images/Ma...w_176_5421.pdf
Old 11-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #263
CJW2OO4

My Ride: LANDSHARK
Send a message via AIM to CJW2OO4
Quote:
Originally Posted by trizzuth View Post
WTF is happening here? Who is talking about moving to Texas? Don't do it. Don't. you'll hate yourself forever. Sure, BMWs don't rust as much down there, but it's new england, it has character, we move at the speed of light compared to everywhere else! seriously, just don't do it!

and Chris, you're limiting your search area too much to the west. Get a cheap azz bachelor-pad-house-boat, rent a boat slip for a year, BAM, mobile pad on the water!!!! that would be siiiiiick.
I am not looking just to the west meng. I am looking at anything south /west of boston. North shore is worst shore. Boat is definately out .. no garage/parking on boat meng.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
CJW2OO4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #264
JJR4884

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJW2OO4 View Post
I think they might be sending me down in the next month. Not too many people opted to go. I figure right now I really dont do anything monday thru friday so I don't think It would matter to me if I lived in the bean or in tx. I have a relative that works for an airline and I could fly back once /twice a month for the weekend without any problems. So I dont know. I will definitely need to check it out though.
if you have all intentions of going down there for a year or so, get some good experience, then come back for a good position... then ya, go for it

but that place is no home, thats for sure.... sucks, i was depressed after being there for 3 days lol
Old 11-22-2011, 03:44 PM   #265
trizzuth

you should check out Roslindale, parts are very ghetto, but there are some decent spots near hyde park towards the dedham side.. Jamaica plain is nice too, but even that is getting pricey the closer you get to the city. Anything to the west is just straight ridiculous rich town. How about anything near the west rox parkway? west rox itself, or norwood? damn, they are still pricey too.

move to the southcoast! It's the florida of massachusetts!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #266
CJW2OO4

Quote:
you should check out Roslindale, parts are very ghetto, but there are some decent spots near hyde park towards the dedham side.. Jamaica plain is nice too, but even that is getting pricey the closer you get to the city. Anything to the west is just straight ridiculous rich town. How about anything near the west rox parkway? west rox itself, or norwood? damn, they are still pricey too.

move to the southcoast! It's the florida of massachusetts!
haha i live in norwood now with the rents....norwood for me is too far from boston. Quincy and Braintree is perfect distance wise for me.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #267
trizzuth

Quote:
haha i live in norwood now with the rents....norwood for me is too far from boston. Quincy and Braintree is perfect distance wise for me.
Thats funny i bet you are the exact same distance from the city in norwood as you would be in quincy... Parkway skills to longwood to downtown, depends on where you need to go though.. Damn i miss the city.. Used to live in hancock village in chestnut hill.. Soo close to soo much good!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:45 PM   #268
iceberq

My Ride: 02 LSB M3
Haha I live in Hancock village from 2009-2010, then Kendall Square, Cambridge from 2010-2011, now North Quincy 2011-2012
Old 11-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #269
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Thats funny i bet you are the exact same distance from the city in norwood as you would be in quincy...
Distance wise and commute wise hell no. Quincy Braintree you hope onto 93 and you are 5 minutes from downtown. its perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberq View Post
Haha I live in Hancock village from 2009-2010, then Kendall Square, Cambridge from 2010-2011, now North Quincy 2011-2012
I never see your car anymore. Ever since you got the lsb m3

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-23-2011, 09:08 AM   #270
iceberq

My Ride: 02 LSB M3
The old car? A student at BU owns it now. The M3 is often in Allston for food, drinks etc. and now I'm working so sometimes around the financial district
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #271
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberq View Post
The old car? A student at BU owns it now. The M3 is often in Allston for food, drinks etc. and now I'm working so sometimes around the financial district
Ohh I got yea.. I am working in the seaport district in the world trade center. Bring that M3 by sometime to atlantic or whiskey priest

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #272
CJW2OO4

herro?

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-29-2011, 01:27 PM   #273
trizzuth

In the heezy.

Still pi$$ed off that I dropped one of my ZHP wheels on it's face. F.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:25 PM   #274
CJW2OO4

Quote:
In the heezy.

Still pi$$ed off that I dropped one of my ZHP wheels on it's face. F.
be like steve and just buy a new one.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #275
trizzuth

I'm actually glad it wasn't a new one to begin with and just had my fresh 2 year lasting rattle can paint job. Cannot believe how good it's held up for this long, honestly. My rattle can paint job in the basement I did with lots of prep has lasted longer than the finish that came with my SSR GT3 reps when they were new! no joke. i must have major wheel skills. I think I'm gonna paint em gold now.

Last edited by trizzuth; 11-29-2011 at 07:07 PM.
trizzuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 AM   #276
Sam 330ci

My Ride: 03 530i
Send a message via AIM to Sam 330ci
Just took my car in for inspection to find out my rear Bilstein sport shocks are blown once again.

They were originally put on 3/16/10 at 111k.

I replaced them on 4/22/11 at 132k because they were blown.

It is now 11/29/11 and I am at 140k. Gone again.

I'm frustrated. TMS is excellent with the warranty and stuff, and I know it's not their fault that Bilstein's quality has gone to shlt, but how many times am I going to do this?
Old 11-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #277
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam 330ci View Post
Just took my car in for inspection to find out my rear Bilstein sport shocks are blown once again.

They were originally put on 3/16/10 at 111k.

I replaced them on 4/22/11 at 132k because they were blown.

It is now 11/29/11 and I am at 140k. Gone again.

I'm frustrated. TMS is excellent with the warranty and stuff, and I know it's not their fault that Bilstein's quality has gone to shlt, but how many times am I going to do this?
I had a blown one as well on my 325i. But I hit a nasty pothole so it was expected.

I am having some noise from my suspension. I think its the rsm. Since that is the only thing I didnt replace when i overhauled my suspenion. I had the rsm but my mechanic said they didnt need replacement. I hope its just the rsm.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 11-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #278
trizzuth

Quote:
I had a blown one as well on my 325i. But I hit a nasty pothole so it was expected.

I am having some noise from my suspension. I think its the rsm. Since that is the only thing I didnt replace when i overhauled my suspenion. I had the rsm but my mechanic said they didnt need replacement. I hope its just the rsm.
Sam, you need OEM Sachs shocks, I've already read tons of stories about Bilsteins going bad, and I just don't get it, but it's a serious problem they've never fixed..

Chris, your RSM's are bad, but don't cry, it's just cause you're sooooo lowwww.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #279
CJW2OO4

Quote:
Chris, your RSM's are bad, but don't cry, it's just cause you're sooooo lowwww.
Yea I will be a little bit higher in the winter...if i choose to raise the car. Wouldnt want to plow the streets for free.

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP
Old 12-02-2011, 10:28 AM   #280
CJW2OO4

where you peeps at?

BECAUSE STANCE CRAP